3 really stupid questions!

PB&J

Mum and pregnant
Reaction score
My first lot of cloth has arrived today and I can't wait to get started. Just need to do pre-washes. First though, I have 3 questions.

1) Does the wrapper bit of the BG flip go in the washing machine?

2) How do I put in the stay dry insert? (didn't get any instructions and I am scared I'll do it wrong!)

3) Do I need to dry the nappies between pre-washes?

Sorry for the silly questions xxx

1. Yes.. just at a lower temp - although I wash all mine at 30
2. You fold over the end and slot into the flaps at each end of the wrapper - fold lines are sewn into insert - you put extra bit at back for a girl and front for a boy
3. No - unless you're leaving them for ages inbetween!!

They aren't silly questions honey;)
Firstly - I'd give the wraps a quick wash. It's not because of absorbancy, but I always wash new clothes or anything that is going near lo's skin before 1st use.
Secondly, the stay dry inserts are quite staright forward. Decide what setting you needthe wrap on (tight -small size, medium or no poppers done up at all -large). Then, turn the insert so the microfibre material is down and the nice, soft material facing up (closest to lo's bum!!) Then fold the insert to match the wrap (small, medium or large). Fold it over so it doubles up at the front of the nappy, (it should be microfibre to microfibre if that makes sense??). Then, tuck the insert under the big flap at the front (so where the insert is folded, it's under the biggest flap) then tuck the back of the insert under the little flap, and voilà!! Sorry that probably makes noooooo sense at all!!
And lastly, no, you don't need to dry the inserts between pre-washes and to be honest, with MF, I think one wash and maybe a couple of quick rinses should do it :)
HTH's honey :)

I am lazy and never bothered prewashing mine and they have always been great anyway. I would fold the liner at the front because the flap's bigger there and laying on a folded bit wouldn't be comfy.

Oh, word of warning - hasn't happened to me but some people say the colour has run from their Flips after a few washes... I use a colour catcher sheet just in case.

Yes, there is a warning on the care label of the wrap - to wash with like colours the first few times. Unless you want everything to be pale pink/blue/green :lol:

TBH I only washed my wrap (green) in with a dark wash once and after that it goes in with the nappies at 60 and it's fine, but the other colours might be less run-resistant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->