30 Something and Expecting

Hey louk :hi: welcome to the thread, I hope the queasyness goes away for you soon. :hugs: & congratulations.

Ooohhh premomt not long now, how exciting for you.

Hey Marie, Isla still has about 4 naps a day but I can't get them to go past half an hour no matter how tired she seems. I've even kept her awake for a few hours extra in the hope she'll nap longer but all I get is a cranky baby for the extra few hours. Half an hour isn't long enough to do anything at all lol :brat:

xx

half an hour? The other day I got no naps longer than 12 minutes out of Douglas. He was awake from 6am unti l 10.30 pm having had four naps totalling 30 minutes.

Everything I've read suggests less sleep in the day means worse sleep at night, so keeping a baby awake is a recipe for disaster. I know that is mostly true for Douglas.

Mind you, yesterday he napped for 2 hours, 40 minutes and 15 minutes and he didn't sleep well last night. He woke up 6 times in the night, sleeping between 40 minutes and 2 hours each time. So :shrug: I really don't know anymore. My baby is broken.

What 4 month old stays awake 16 hours with only 30 minutes sleep in the day?! Last time that happened we took him out in the ergo carrier, hoping a walk would get him to sleep, but he took 'glazed expression' to new heights. He's glazed over before, but not like this. He looked like he was in a trance , not able to look at anything or anyone - yet still not able to sleep. Poor little guy.

Awww bless him. I hope he sorts his naps out soon.

Isla is pretty good at night & generally sleeps 12 hours, I wake up due to her noises lol but she is always fast asleep. Can't wait to get her in her own room so hopefully I'll sleep through her grunts & trumps :haha:

x

Twelve hours??!!! Oh my. Douglas doesn't sleep that much in a whole day. We've been averaging around 10 hours per day.

I know.... we are extremely lucky, although I know it can change at anytime, we are making the most of it while its happening, she's been sleeping from at least 9-7 for a month now though, but usually 12 hours! I'm just praying she stays that way lol

as a newborn she was pretty good too apart from the first few nights at home, after that it was 1 waking after 3-4 hour hours at night for about 2 weeks & then 4-5 hours & gradually the waking got later & later from 2am - 3am - 4am etc until one day I woke up & it was 7am.

:yipee:

We average 10 hours a day, too, which Markus's pediatrician says is pretty much the bare minimum (ok, so, if we drop lower, what do you do, knock them out?!). Night time brings in 8 - 9 hours of sleep, broken up in about three stretches. Daytime consists of no naps, usually, unless he crashes for a few minutes at a time. And we're talking about a 7 week baby here...

Ariane was sleeping though the night at 5 weeks (7-8hours) but stopped just before 3 months. We had a few nights where she barely slept at all. Then she would wake up twice, then once, and now she usually sleeps from 8-9pm to around 6am. I find the 6am pretty early, but I can't complain too much. Honestly I never thought I'd sleep that much with a baby around.

I find the hardest thing is her craving attention all day long. There are times when nothing will do except being in our arms, preferably while we walk around (no sitting allowed!). Luckily both me and OH are home, so at least one of us can get something done during the day.

But I am happy to say she is finally starting to accept the pacifier. I mostly use it when she gets cranky and starts biting my nipple instead of nursing. It gives us a little break before trying nursing again.

Speaking of knocking them out.........it won't kill them if you have a a glass or wine or a beer after a particularly tough day/night and let them nurse afterward. Beer is good for milk production, too. ;) I wouldn't do it every night, but occasionally the extra sleep it induces is like a miracle tonic for mama.

Good to know, Nellie, as beer was sort of my miracle tonic anyway, pre-pregnancy. LOL!!!

Its amazing how different babies can be! I just finished sitting two toddlers with two completley different sleeping patterns... one is excellent at self soothing and has napped SO well from when I started sitting her at 3 months old. The other has a very co-dependent relationship with her momma, and couldn't be put down for a nap without being rocked to a sound sleep first. At 18 months old. She just started to learn to self soothe within the past month or so. And her momma started putting her to bed in her own crib within the past two weeks or so- telling me that she's now sleeping 7 hrs straight at night.
It really makes me wonder how my child will be...

Welcome LouK! Congratulations! Glad to have you on board.

Nate is a champ and usually sleeps through the night going down between 7:30 and 8:30 and waking around 5:30 to eat only to fall back asleep until around 9:30 or 10am. He does nap during the day but we're not in any routine yet so it can be anywhere from hours to 15 minutes. He is a happy baby for the most part and I really enjoy getting a giggle out of him now. We go for his 4 month doctor's appointment this week and I'm sure I'll hear how big he is (last time I weighed him he was 16.5 lbs and has been filling out his 6 month size sleepers for months now)... it's such a change from how small his sister was at this stage. He still loves seeing his sister and she absolutely adores him. The most challenging thing so far I've had to deal with is just how physical she is with him - she just needs to be touching him or hugging him or talking/singing/shouting right in his face. I'm sure it's been said millions of times in our house now "Olivia! Leave your brother alone!" and yet, she can't help herself. It's hard to split my time between the two but at least with my daughter still napping if Nate isn't during that time we get some alone time together and then with Nate sleeping so late in the morning I get some quality time with Olivia then. The only thing I'm lacking at the moment is some "mom" time for myself. Looking forward to booking a spa afternoon for me in the next few weeks... ahhhh :yipee:

My doc app is this morning. My first app just to confirm. Feel a bit apprehensive not sure why!

It feels kinda wonderful when someone else can objectively tell you: yup. Pregnant. It's like it makes it official.

Good luck for your appointment. :thumbup:

Had my appointment. Blood pressure quite low as my blood pressure was quite low before pregnancy so now lower. Just means potential of more dizziness. Won't have another appointment now until 10+ weeks so a fair wait...

congrats on the confirmation Lou :) it's a great feeling! Next comes morning sickness... Not such a great feeling LOL! hopefully youll fair well!~

congrats on the confirmation Lou :) it's a great feeling! Next comes morning sickness... Not such a great feeling LOL! hopefully youll fair well!~

Thanks! Have a very flushed and slightly itchy face today and my eczema seems to have come back on my neck...

Prego hormones create all kinds issues. Alergies and skin issues being huge on that list.

AFM - Little man is having surgery again on Monday. Ripped out his own feeding tube if you ca believe it...

DHime, I can believe that baby T ripped his feeding tube out. I used to have a student that had a g-tube, and when he was really mad at me, he'd puff his tummy out as forcefully as possible, grunt, and expel that turkey button halfway across my classroom! LOL! Let's hope T doesn't figure anything like this out from a behavioral standpoint...lol.

Praying so very hard that tomorrow goes well for T, and for you. I can't imagine how strong you both must be at this point...and your DH too. You mothers of children with special needs are a tough breed, I tell you. It takes so much courage to watch your child go through procedure after procedure, and surgery after surgery, and then recovery, rinse, wipe, repeat, again and again. Best of luck to you both, and :hugs:!!!

Prego hormones create all kinds issues. Alergies and skin issues being huge on that list.

AFM - Little man is having surgery again on Monday. Ripped out his own feeding tube if you ca believe it...
Praying that everything will go fine.....You have been so strong all these days... your little guy will be be fine soon. Dont worry.

I hope everything's done and over with. Wishing all the best to your little Tristan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->