• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30 yo and TTC #1

I think we can just start the early 30s club then. :)

Can I just tell you that my head is about to explode? Oh my good world, I've been trying to figure things out all morning and afternoon, worrying and obsessing over my poor patient husband's little swimmers. Reading and researching and asking and panicking...should he go on FertilAid, should he take motility boost or count boost or none or both or maybe we should do head stands with our tongues out. I'm so scared I'm doing this wrong and that we're going to try for years when I could have just done that one thing that would have gotten us our baby early...that one thing.

I've lost my mind.

Somebody tell me to calm the crap down. lol

Step away from the computer....and Calm Down...:winkwink:

I understand what you mean though, I like to excessively read about whatever I'm obsessing about at the time. My DH balances me out since he's very carefree.... Anyways, that's why we're here, feel free to get crazy :)

Found it! How long can you wait to have a baby: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/

Hey there everyone! I just joined and was happy to stumble across this thread after feeling extremely old. DH and I are both 32. We have been TTC #1 since October. When we started TTC I got very discouraged for a while since everything you read basically says you are close to death in re: TTC past 30. AF is due 8th or 9th and I am pretty sure that this was not our month. Good luck to everyone!

PS: I think all my acronyms are correct. I'm still trying to learn them.:winkwink:

Hi there,
There's a lot of healthy mothers who have had kids in their late 30s or early 40s so we're good. We still have time :).
How do you know this wasn't your month? You never know...

Hey there everyone! I just joined and was happy to stumble across this thread after feeling extremely old. DH and I are both 32. We have been TTC #1 since October. When we started TTC I got very discouraged for a while since everything you read basically says you are close to death in re: TTC past 30. AF is due 8th or 9th and I am pretty sure that this was not our month. Good luck to everyone!

PS: I think all my acronyms are correct. I'm still trying to learn them.:winkwink:

Hi there,
There's a lot of healthy mothers who have had kids in their late 30s or early 40s so we're good. We still have time :).
How do you know this wasn't your month? You never know...

Yes my sister has 6 and her last 3 were all over 35.

maybe we should do head stands with our tongues out.

I've heard good things about this method :headspin:

Relax! You'll figure out what works, and as hard as it is, a difference of a month here or there while you experiment won't hurt in the long run. You have time.

:dohh: :haha: My husband would totally fist bump you for the "Keep Calm and Stop Googling" comment. :)

Found it! How long can you wait to have a baby: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/

What a great article!! I wish there was a hopeful article like this for those of use whose DH have spermie issues...

What a great article!! I wish there was a hopeful article like this for those of use whose DH have spermie issues...

There probably is somewhere. I would offer to look for one, but I grounded myself from Google for a while. :winkwink:

That was a great article, btw. Much thanks.

Wow! I had a little craziness this morning that didn't allow me to do much on the computer before work and this thread just exploded!

Someone has posted about having an idea in their head that they would be married and have kids in their 30's and feeling old. (I am sorry I don't remember which post it was!) Anyways, I totally understand how you feel! Somehow, I was convinced that I was going to meet someone and be engaged by the time I finished grad school. That made life hell for me during grad school (other things made that time not so enjoyable as well, but this was something that was my own doing). So when I finished grad school and wasn't even dating anyone, I was pretty down on myself. I think it is important for us to remember that there isn't an exact timeline for these kind of things. Everyone is different and will reach their goals when the time is right for each individual. That being said, I know I am still guilty of being envious of friends/family who have reached goals that I am waiting to achieve.

There probably is somewhere. I would offer to look for one, but I grounded myself from Google for a while. :winkwink:

That was a great article, btw. Much thanks.

I haven't seen one but doesn't mean it's not out there! There's always the BFP stories that are helpful and help give me hope! https://www.twoweekwait.com/bfp-with-male-factor-infertility.

Thank you. I know I can't freak out too much. I think I just spent so long with school and "settling down" that when we decided to TTC I looked around and saw no one else I knew my age who was just starting. I really appreciate you guys making me feel like I'm not ancient.

Holy exploded thread... was at work all day.. welcome to the thirties club ladies!

Still no AF here... thinking i might try and wait till wednesday and have the dr test... if i can wait that long :winkwink:

Thanks for the love ladies. I'd say we're 30s and fabulous, and all going to be awesome moms! I'll hopefully get bloodwork back early next week. Very anxious!

Sorry, missed the question about why I don't think it's my month earlier. I just meant that I didn't really pay attention last month to timing. Christmas is the busiest time of year at my job. Add in parties and Christmas/New Year and I just got so busy I didn't have time to think about timing.

Thank you. I know I can't freak out too much. I think I just spent so long with school and "settling down" that when we decided to TTC I looked around and saw no one else I knew my age who was just starting. I really appreciate you guys making me feel like I'm not ancient.

I hear you. We did the same. Wanted to finish school and get real love jobs before starting a family. All in all, I'm glad I did. I had friends who had kids in grad school and had a really hard time balancing. Not that a full time job will be much easier but it's different.

I couldn't have imagined working, school and a baby. There was a girl in my law school who had a baby and only missed three days of school. She took the regular time off work but I couldn't believe it. I'm happy when I make it to yoga twice a week.

Holy exploded thread... was at work all day.. welcome to the thirties club ladies!

Still no AF here... thinking i might try and wait till wednesday and have the dr test... if i can wait that long :winkwink:

Good luck! I'm SO bad at waiting. I have to slap tests out of my own hand. I have to remind myself how much they cost...lol.

I hear you. We did the same. Wanted to finish school and get real love jobs before starting a family. All in all, I'm glad I did.

Yes, for sure! For all my freaking out about turning 30 and not having babies yet, I am glad that I've done things when I did. I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Ohhh, good luck! Keep us posted.

There was a girl in my law school who had a baby and only missed three days of school. She took the regular time off work but I couldn't believe it. I'm happy when I make it to yoga twice a week.

Whaaa? Wow. But having seen how demanding law school is (a close friend is in law school nearby) I guess she just couldn't afford to miss anymore time. Still though. Wow. I can't even imagine how she manages.

As for me, I successfully tonight managed to not think about TTC for maybe 3 whole hours. Of course I also wasn't home so I don't give myself that much credit. I swear to god this last pack of pills is the longest thing EVER. I have never been so looking froward to AF. I might be losing my mind a little... I'm job hunting right now so I have waaay too much time on my hands is part of the problem. Seriously. I have a new obsession with looking at galleries of positive pregnancy tests. :blush:

WOW!

This thread did explode!! I love it!

I decided to drive for 2 hours to where my family lives and visit to try to keep my mind off of pregnancy. Although it's kind of hard when your sister has a 6 mo! But it's been fun playing with her all day. Plus I did a little shopping at L'Occitane! Man I love that store!

Hi ladies
I'm 29 so 30 is just around the corner. I am on cycle 5 off Bcp and ttc for 4 cycles. We are keeping it a secret that we are trying so I don't have anywhere to vent

Welcome to the group! :) Feel free to vent on here! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->