30 yo and TTC #1

Ya'll, I have been going CRAY CRAY. LOL. I kind of convinced myself that it is just not going to happen for me this month so I woke up this morning and again symptoms are gone and I even felt like AF was going to show up. But just a couple hours after being up I have convinced myself that I am pregnant b/c I felt a little nauseous and getting a few cramps. I mean these could still be symptoms of PMS.

I didn't symptom spot last cycle because we only b'd twice and I didn't think it was going to happen even though it did and didn't stick. Now I'm just watching for every little sign and hope and really holding on to it! Which could be bad because I could not be pregnant.

I guess I'm just really ranting here. I know logically I should just relax and let it happen. I'm only in my second cycle of trying and I would be lucky if it only took that long because people have been trying way longer! I'm emotional and crying and laughing.

I'm just cray cray. I'm going to test again tomorrow morning just to put my mind at ease. If it comes up negative I will not test again until 5 days after a missed period. I hope that is logical enough!

Ya'll, I have been going CRAY CRAY. LOL. I kind of convinced myself that it is just not going to happen for me this month so I woke up this morning and again symptoms are gone and I even felt like AF was going to show up. But just a couple hours after being up I have convinced myself that I am pregnant b/c I felt a little nauseous and getting a few cramps. I mean these could still be symptoms of PMS.

I didn't symptom spot last cycle because we only b'd twice and I didn't think it was going to happen even though it did and didn't stick. Now I'm just watching for every little sign and hope and really holding on to it! Which could be bad because I could not be pregnant.

I guess I'm just really ranting here. I know logically I should just relax and let it happen. I'm only in my second cycle of trying and I would be lucky if it only took that long because people have been trying way longer! I'm emotional and crying and laughing.

I'm just cray cray. I'm going to test again tomorrow morning just to put my mind at ease. If it comes up negative I will not test again until 5 days after a missed period. I hope that is logical enough!

When is AF due? I think the symptom spotting is what will drive us all crazy! I am trying to stay pretty calm about it because I am really not sure when to expect AF as my cycle length has been a little inconsistent lately.

Good luck! I try really hard not to symptom spot. But the trying not to usually only succeeds in making me think about it more. I hope AF stays away for you. I hope she stays away for me too! However, I think she is on her way. Boo. It looks like the only thing I will catch this month is a cold from the silly weather.

Good luck, lsd. Try not to drive yourself too crazy!

It's shaping up to be a frustrating week here.

DH is still sick. I'm not giving up hope, but I have a feeling I'll be out before I'm even in this month, at the rate he's going. I'm not very happy that we may not even be trying on our first month of trying, but we're not technically in any rush, so I'm being as nice as I can about it. Maybe I'll luck out and he'll improve soon enough for us to catch ovulation after all...

It may be for the best, though. I've been working on losing weight so I'd be closer to where I want to be during pregnancy, and to make sure that I'm not at risk of disqualifying myself from trying waterbirth if I gain a lot during pregnancy. I've lost over 50 pounds since August 2012, and between a long vacation and being a total slacker during the rest of December, I've put 9lbs back on. I've slacked off before and I've never put on more than a couple pounds! I'm hoping at least some of it is water weight, because I've gone kind of sodium crazy lately. I fought so hard for those last 9lbs, too. I was just barely over the line between overweight and obese, and I'm tempted to hold off on ttc til I cross that line. I doubt I will, though. Once I decide I want something, I want it NOW.

Hi ladies,

I'm very glad to have found this thread and hope you don't mind if I join you! I'm about to turn 31, and husband is 37. January officially marks our 10th month of TTC #1.

DH and I have been together for a really long time, and we waited until I was done with grad school, jobs were in hand, etc., before we started trying. We honestly thought it would happen pretty quickly when we started trying, so while 10 months TTC definitely isn't the end of the world, I'm definitely starting to get to the point where I'm a little bit nervous. This OPK/BBT/symptom reading stuff is all pretty new (and a little overwhelming) to me, and I'm really glad to find a group of women to talk to.

During the first part of this journey, we weren't using OPKs or anything, just trying every month. November '13 was the first month I tried to use an OPK (was the ClearBlue digital). The thing just gave me 13 straight days of flashing smiley faces, which aggravated me so I didn't use an OPK in December. This time around, I bought a different brand (just one of the test strip ones) and January is also my first month starting the BBT charting and all. I also signed up for the free FF trial to use the chart software. I got 4 days of positives on the OPKs this month, although the FF chart claims I O'd the day before I got the first positive on the OPK, so who knows.

This is my first time posting on a forum like this - I think the number of pregnancy announcements I've heard in the past week may have finally pushed me over the edge. :)

I'm glad to meet you all, and thanks for letting me join you!

MrsKChicago,
Good Luck! I know how frustrating having an off month can be. We actually are not going to try for the next two months due to timing issues so I am placing a lot more hope than I really need to be on this month. Even though I'm trying not to. Also, how are you doing the weight loss? I do weightwatchers and I didn't want to try until I had lost at least 30 pounds. I got there but after that I'm going nuts for anything past that. Then the month of December was a total loss! Now I'm trying to get back into it and I want to eat everything in sight! Why did I decide to restart the diet during PMS time?

TryinginTexas,
Good to meet you and welcome. Sorry it's taking so long but hopefully you will get there soon! Baby dust to all!

PDReggie - thanks for the welcome, and big luck and baby dust to you this month!

If you don't mind my asking where in Texas are you from? I grew up in New Mexico.

Thanks so much for the welcome ladies!!!

My temp dropped yesterday then picked back up today. This has happened a few times this cycle so not sure if it's O or not. Gonna test with an OPK a bit later today.

Its kind of silly but a few of my TTC buddies and I have been getting fertility readings lately! I got two a while ago and then got another last night. The first two readings said Girl- December/January (either conceive month or birth month) then this lady last night said Boy and that I would conceive sometime in the next 3 cycles. Which matches with the other 2 readings. I don't put that much merit into them but I find them interesting! And I really hope they turn out to be true! :)

Well howdy, state-neighbor! Are you still in NM? I'm currently in Houston, just moved back here after several years in Dallas-Fort Worth area.

My temp dropped yesterday then picked back up today. This has happened a few times this cycle so not sure if it's O or not. Gonna test with an OPK a bit later today.

Its kind of silly but a few of my TTC buddies and I have been getting fertility readings lately! I got two a while ago and then got another last night. The first two readings said Girl- December/January (either conceive month or birth month) then this lady last night said Boy and that I would conceive sometime in the next 3 cycles. Which matches with the other 2 readings. I don't put that much merit into them but I find them interesting! And I really hope they turn out to be true! :)

Where do you find these ladies? Another lady I talk to on another post also did this and all 4 were pretty close.... You guys got me curious!

Hi There! I was 30 when we started TTC #1 and i also had longer then normal cycles, usually about 33 days. It took us 4 months to get pregnant, then we unfortunately had a miscarriage.... which was very very sad... at 8 weeks. I had one normal cycle after that and conceived the next cycle. It was a bit of a roller coaster but the things that really helped me, i believe, are the following.
Drinking only on the weekend
no caffeine at all
Maca Root
Local Honey
DTD every day for about 9 days before, during and after fertile period.

Now i am 8.5 months pregnant and its just amazing! Good luck on your journey, don't get frustrated if it doesn't happen right away. You grow up thinking if you slept NEXT to a man you would get pregnant... and then its so funny when you start actually trying it does typically take about 4-6 months to succeed. Baby dust!

PMS time is the worst for dieting. Even if I resist the junk, I'm still starving all the time.

I'm doing Weight Watchers, too. It's a really great program when I actually follow it... I was away for two weeks and then my meetings were all on holidays, and I'm attached to my leader, so I didn't make any meetings in December. I guess that weekly weigh in is pretty important for me.

I'm trying not to stress about it. I'm still way down from where I was when I started, and I'm only about 40lbs from their ideal weight range, but I can't keep losing while I'm pregnant, so the pressure is on. I think the really frustrating part is that it just wasn't worth it. The vacation food was, for the most part, but I suspect vacation wasn't a huge factor because we were SO active. Pregnancy has been what's motivated me so far, and I really didn't want to be obese and pregnant.

Good luck to you, too. I stalled out around 35lbs, and it was a struggle to get past it, but it's possible if you really commit to it.

Hi There! I was 30 when we started TTC #1 and i also had longer then normal cycles, usually about 33 days. It took us 4 months to get pregnant, then we unfortunately had a miscarriage.... which was very very sad... at 8 weeks. I had one normal cycle after that and conceived the next cycle. It was a bit of a roller coaster but the things that really helped me, i believe, are the following.
Drinking only on the weekend
no caffeine at all
Maca Root
Local Honey
DTD every day for about 9 days before, during and after fertile period.

Now i am 8.5 months pregnant and its just amazing! Good luck on your journey, don't get frustrated if it doesn't happen right away. You grow up thinking if you slept NEXT to a man you would get pregnant... and then its so funny when you start actually trying it does typically take about 4-6 months to succeed. Baby dust!

Whats DTD?

:hugs: Sorry you're feeling nutty! 13DPO might be enough to see something so I'm crossing my fingers for you! My best friend just had a baby that she conceived her first cycle after a non-sticky bean and my mom conceived me that way. I've heard it suggested that you're more fertile that cycle sometimes.

It's shaping up to be a frustrating week here.

DH is still sick. I'm not giving up hope, but I have a feeling I'll be out before I'm even in this month, at the rate he's going. I'm not very happy that we may not even be trying on our first month of trying, but we're not technically in any rush, so I'm being as nice as I can about it. Maybe I'll luck out and he'll improve soon enough for us to catch ovulation after all...

Hmmm, maybe try to feed him vitamin C and lots of tea? You sound very understanding! I'm probably a bad wife, I think I'd end up telling DH to suck it up and try not to breathe on me while we BD'd. I hope it works out for you this cycle!

Where do you find these ladies? Another lady I talk to on another post also did this and all 4 were pretty close.... You guys got me curious!

Here are the three ladies sites:

Cheri22- https://www.cheri22.com

Suzanne/Spirit- https://healingmessagesfromspirit.com

Tania- https://www.eternitytarotreadings.com

As far as the three go, I liked Cheri's reading the best, then Suzanne's. Cheri though has an issue with timing; she was pretty late on my readings. Apparently she had a family emergency but she did not tell me that in my emails with her, I just heard through someone else that she had posted it somewhere. But, both Suzanne and Tania were very prompt.

Obviously though, both Cheri and Suzanne said Girl for December/January. While Tania agreed on the months, she said a Boy. So, you can decipher that however you like as far as who is more accurate or not. (Of course, won't know for sure until I am pregnant haha)

Well howdy, state-neighbor! Are you still in NM? I'm currently in Houston, just moved back here after several years in Dallas-Fort Worth area.

No. I'm in Cleveland now. I wouldn't go back to NM permanently but I do miss it on occasion. Especially during the winter. Of course I also miss NC where I went to college during the winter, and Jamaica and anywhere warm really. Houston is an interesting city. One of my sisters lives there. And, half my graduating class lives in Dallas-Fort Worth. :winkwink:

PMS time is the worst for dieting. Even if I resist the junk, I'm still starving all the time.

I'm doing Weight Watchers, too. It's a really great program when I actually follow it... I was away for two weeks and then my meetings were all on holidays, and I'm attached to my leader, so I didn't make any meetings in December. I guess that weekly weigh in is pretty important for me.

I'm trying not to stress about it. I'm still way down from where I was when I started, and I'm only about 40lbs from their ideal weight range, but I can't keep losing while I'm pregnant, so the pressure is on. I think the really frustrating part is that it just wasn't worth it. The vacation food was, for the most part, but I suspect vacation wasn't a huge factor because we were SO active. Pregnancy has been what's motivated me so far, and I really didn't want to be obese and pregnant.

Good luck to you, too. I stalled out around 35lbs, and it was a struggle to get past it, but it's possible if you really commit to it.

I do the online. I'm too mean and pessimistic naturally to do meetings with real live people. :growlmad: I should have tried harder at the holidays to not eat everything in sight but screw it. I enjoyed it. Plus, there are a few of us at work that all do it and we were all bad over the holidays. oops. I will get there eventually. I mean I'm hoping to go up before I get all the way down :haha: but in th emeantime I'm trying to get down as much as I can.

CuriousOwl, if it was just a cold I'd probably just force myself on him ;) He's not sure what's wrong, though. He has a weird mix of symptoms. I'm trying to talk him into going to the doctor, but he's stubborn.

:D Yeaaaah, probably best not to in that case. How frustrating. Here's to hoping he rallies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->