30 yo and TTC #1

The cheapie test strips I ordered online came in the mail today so of course I tested! I knew it would most likely be a bfn as I'm only around 8dpo but it was my first time taking a rest with the possibility (and hope) of it being positive. I'm not discouraged tho. Whatever's meant to be, will be :)

The cheapie test strips I ordered online came in the mail today so of course I tested! I knew it would most likely be a bfn as I'm only around 8dpo but it was my first time taking a rest with the possibility (and hope) of it being positive. I'm not discouraged tho. Whatever's meant to be, will be :)

I just learned about the cheapie tests online last week or so! If the witch arrives I'll definitely be getting them!!

GL to you and lots of :dust:

Also, just out of curiosity, are there any Doctor Who fans here?!

Wow I just had to catch up.

I don't symptom spot because most of the pregnancy symptoms are af symptoms as well. Most women don't even get symptoms until after the missed period. I would go crazy if I paid attention to everything

My hubby and I just started watching it! But we've only watched the first few episodes. It's pretty ridiculous but we like it so far.

I used these and a lot of women on here swear by them. But I did have a really nasty evap one month that was devastating so I'm a little wary of them.

I woke up this morning with no symptoms! My tender breasts are now gone! Maybe frequent urination is there still? Will have to go through the day to find out.

Well, what's the verdict? :)

My lower back is killing me today. Pretty sure AF is on her way tomorrow. Boo.

Keeping my fingers crossed she stays away!

Any other updates ladies? Miskas mommy, you had your Dr's appt today, right?

I did have a dr appointment today...Dr. seems to think af is still on her way... still BFN.. we are going on CD 40 tomorrow... Not sure if i O'd or not, but im gonna give it a few more days... if it still doesn't show, going to try another test...

Not me, sorry. I am however a Walking Dead FANATIC.

My sister has told me to watch this....and I just haven't yet! She did also get me into Once Upon a Time and I loved that (haven't watched 3rd season yet).

My hubby and I just started watching it! But we've only watched the first few episodes. It's pretty ridiculous but we like it so far.

It is so ridiculous! That's why I love it! Season one is pretty good but it gets WAY better in season 2! ;-)

I woke up this morning with no symptoms! My tender breasts are now gone! Maybe frequent urination is there still? Will have to go through the day to find out.

Well, what's the verdict? :)

My lower back is killing me today. Pretty sure AF is on her way tomorrow. Boo.

Keeping my fingers crossed she stays away!

Any other updates ladies? Miskas mommy, you had your Dr's appt today, right?

I did have a dr appointment today...Dr. seems to think af is still on her way... still BFN.. we are going on CD 40 tomorrow... Not sure if i O'd or not, but im gonna give it a few more days... if it still doesn't show, going to try another test...

Didn't you say this was your first month off BCP?! That might be why things are a bit different for you! Do you use OPK or do temping or anything?

I hope everything works out and you get the big O or the witch arrives so you can start over!

Hope you don't mind if I jump in! :) I'm 28. Not exactly 30, but I consider myself close enough to say that I'm almost 30. lol.

I'm currently in the midst of a very loooonngggg cycle #3. My last two cycles were 31 and 35 days. This one thus far is 42 days with no sign of ovulation yet. So, I'm in for a long haul @___@. My doc seems to think my thyroid levels are messing with O this month. I hope that my dosage change last week will help.

They leave me notes all of the time telling me how much they love me and how I'm the greatest teacher ever and on and on...oh my gosh, I can't tell you how much it builds me up. They dont even know how much it helps keep me going. I keep them all and have a little note wall behind my desk that I look at during the rough days. It's definitely worth it.

They sound so sweet! My fifth graders were a hot mess tonight! My student who NEVER engages/participates did! The boys were off the wall and saying/doing inappropriate things requiring me to get the education director involved...I didn't finish my lesson plan at all! My girls were so distracted by the boys...they are just tough! I normally have a co-teacher but he was out today. I told the director, next time one of us is out, there MUST be a sub...it's too much for one person (and not a professional teacher) to handle!

Curiousowl

Earlier this morning my nipples did feel a bit odd and tingly but my boobs have kind of gone back to normal. As far as frequent urination that seems to have settled as well. But yday was just crazy because after I used the bathroom I still felt like I had to pee 5 minutes later. They say that is a UTI symptom but I had no burning pee or anything. I just thought that was weird.

My appetite has increased lately but I have also started exercising more so that could be the reason. I've been out walking everyday since the beginning of January for about 30-45 minutes.

Anyway, just trying to stay calm and prepare myself for the witch to come! I'd hate to be so psyched up and get her on time. We'll just have to see. I have two apps telling me different due dates for my period so I'll go by the latest one which is a week from today.

I plan to stay happy and positive and just obsess over other people!

Speaking of obsessing over others, miskas mommy! How did your dr appointment go?! Very eager to know!!

good for you on exercising! Also, Miskasmommy (sorry, I forgot to quote it) that bites about your doctors appointment. Hopefully things will turn around for you soon!

Hope you don't mind if I jump in! :) I'm 28. Not exactly 30, but I consider myself close enough to say that I'm almost 30. lol.

I'm currently in the midst of a very loooonngggg cycle #3. My last two cycles were 31 and 35 days. This one thus far is 42 days with no sign of ovulation yet. So, I'm in for a long haul @___@. My doc seems to think my thyroid levels are messing with O this month. I hope that my dosage change last week will help.

welcome! As nice as it would be to not have AF for that long, I can only imagine how stressful it must be for you. I wish you all the best.

Also, ladies, we go pick up the pup on Friday! I am so excited!

Me, but I'm way behind because I only watch on Netflix. I ought to check and see if any new episodes have shown up.

Me, but I'm way behind because I only watch on Netflix. I ought to check and see if any new episodes have shown up.

No new episodes on Neflix yet. Season 7 I imagine will come out soon though since they just aired the last one! I have seen only two episodes of season 7. We don't have cable and only use Neflix and Hulu.

Bee Bee - welcome! 28 counts. I'm technically still 29....for 5 more months ):

MgreenM - ouch, I'm sorry! How many are in your group? It's tough controlling a group on your own. I still learn more about it every day. It's especially hard since the education emphasis has gone to group work, which means they want us to group our TEENS together for instruction, wherein they are to work together and focus 100% on their work and not talk to each other about, say, who said what at lunch. It always works out REALLY well. (;

lsd - I envy your patience...send some of that over here.....

Miskasmommy - sorry your appt didnt go like we hoped. The first AF after stopping the BCP is very typically wonky, but it gets better! I've still got my fingers crossed for you though!

Welcome to the group!! :) I understand about long cycles. I tend to have them sometimes b/c of my pcos. I haven't had one that long yet on my TTC cycles!

Crossing my fingers for your dosage change! GL! Lots of baby dust to you! :dust:

MgreenM

I bet you're super excited to get that puppy soon! I know I would be! :)

Bee Bee - welcome! 28 counts. I'm technically still 29....for 5 more months ):

MgreenM - ouch, I'm sorry! How many are in your group? It's tough controlling a group on your own. I still learn more about it every day. It's especially hard since the education emphasis has gone to group work, which means they want us to group our TEENS together for instruction, wherein they are to work together and focus 100% on their work and not talk to each other about, say, who said what at lunch. It always works out REALLY well. (;

lsd - I envy your patience...send some of that over here.....

Miskasmommy - sorry your appt didnt go like we hoped. The first AF after stopping the BCP is very typically wonky, but it gets better! I've still got my fingers crossed for you though!

MgreenM

I bet you're super excited to get that puppy soon! I know I would be! :)

On Wednesdays we have about 15, on Sundays we have 20! I find Wednesdays are a lot harder because it is after school. And yes, we are super excited to get Hailey! Oh, and I have an interview tomorrow. Working 7-11am and then come home, have a quick lunch, change/do makeup and drive to interview. I am heading up to shower and go to bed now! I just need to find the energy to get myself off the cough now lol! Today was much too busy and long!

Not me, sorry. I am however a Walking Dead FANATIC.

Me too! That show is great.

Boo, sorry it's dragging on so much :( But that's good that your Dr doesn't think anything is seriously wrong.

Welcome! I'm 29 like DosPinkies. Sorry to hear about your wonky cycle. Hope it gets straightened out soon!

Wow I just had to catch up.

I don't symptom spot because most of the pregnancy symptoms are af symptoms as well. Most women don't even get symptoms until after the missed period. I would go crazy if I paid attention to everything

I try not to symptom spot but it's really hard. Both make me crazy. Which leads me to believe I'm just nuts in general!. :winkwink:

Good luck. Sorry the doctor wasn't any help but I agree with whoever said at least your Dr. isn't concerned about anything serious. But I imagine you must be frustrated. I know I' always think if I'm not going to get a BFP, let AF come on so that we can get it out of the way and try again.

Hello! Nice to meet you!

No new episodes on Neflix yet. Season 7 I imagine will come out soon though since they just aired the last one! I have seen only two episodes of season 7. We don't have cable and only use Neflix and Hulu.

Impressive. DH and I are trying to work our way to that. But it's still football season for a few more weeks! which he COULD do without, but I refuse to do without. I'm a HUGE football girl.

On Wednesdays we have about 15, on Sundays we have 20! I find Wednesdays are a lot harder because it is after school. And yes, we are super excited to get Hailey! Oh, and I have an interview tomorrow. Working 7-11am and then come home, have a quick lunch, change/do makeup and drive to interview. I am heading up to shower and go to bed now! I just need to find the energy to get myself off the cough now lol! Today was much too busy and long!

Good luck on the interview! And dealing with the children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->