30 yo and TTC #1

Im still here wasnt on this whole holiday weekend. Im 7 dpo over here....not sure if i feel slight cramping or gassy lol but other than that, nothing much to say so far

positive OPK yesterday and a close to positive this morning (albeit with FMU) so will test again this afternoon too. my husband is now fighting some kind of cold, virus or, worst case, pneumonia:nope: so i don't know how well SMEP is gonna go.:sad1: so we'll see...this is our last chance before preventing until late february/early march, and i want it so badly, but i also am starting to feel like my husband is falling apart and i'm being really selfish? but...but...but....:hissy::cry::sad1:

Fingers crossed for both of you! It's normal to feel badly for your husband being sick, but also be frustrated about what impact it might have on TTC. I was angry at DH for getting sick a couple times :p

positive OPK yesterday and a close to positive this morning (albeit with FMU) so will test again this afternoon too. my husband is now fighting some kind of cold, virus or, worst case, pneumonia:nope: so i don't know how well SMEP is gonna go.:sad1: so we'll see...this is our last chance before preventing until late february/early march, and i want it so badly, but i also am starting to feel like my husband is falling apart and i'm being really selfish? but...but...but....:hissy::cry::sad1:

It seems to be going around this time of year. DH was sick last week during our O time. He was a trooper and didn't let it slow down our plan too much. Unfortunately, now I've just entered my TWW and I am sick. Usually, I would just pop some Dayquil and go on with my life, but I don't want to risk filling up on meds during my TWW. I sure hope all this suffering pans out to something positive this month.

thanks everyone:hugs:

we are totally on schedule SMEPing and tomorrow is CD15, and i am anticipating my temp going up on CD16. sounds perfect except for a colposcopy that is scheduled for tomorrow but no one told me no sex beforehand and also none after, so am completely frustrated at the lack of information i have been given (thanks dr google, and thanksnothanks doctor:gun:) and worried about cancelling because better to catch anything early, but this was our last month before preventing. and i'm also supposed to travel to the states on saturday, and based on some stuff i've read, the recovery can take up to several days?? i am panicking and also a crying mess.:nope:

If it's not urgent to get it done, it seems more sensible to wait a month, I think. You don't want to travel while recovering, and better to do it while you're not actively TTC. If it meant putting it off for months, it would be a different story.

thanks MrsK:hugs:

i was going to call this morning to discuss, but i've been having cramps for the last 3 or 4 days (assumed they were related to ovulation but 4 days seems a little long...?) and no sense in wasting my referral to the obgyn, so i am going to go and just hopefully talk about all my concerns beforehand and go from there.:|

well, i managed to get out with just a redo of my pap smear instead of a colposcopy. was so devastated that our perfectly timed SMEP would go to waste and that the recovery from the biopsy was gonna be bad while traveling back stateside.

apparently they didn't run tests for HPV when they did the pap smear a couple weeks ago, so even though it came back as abnormal, the doctor offered to run it again, also testing for HPV this time, instead of the more invasive biopsy. she said even if you have an abnormal pap, if you're over 30 and test negative for HPV, it just means you have to come back in a year for another pap (instead of every 3). so, if i test negative, i'm good for a year. if i test positive, then i will still have to get the colposcopy, but by then it'll be november or december and i'll be preventing pregnancy then, so it won't be such a problem with timing.

so, anyway, back to our regularly schedule SMEP! bwahaha...
but ugh, my eyes are totally shot from all this crying...:cry::dohh:

thanks for letting me panic and vent. feeling better.:hugs:

Sorry it's been so stressful :( I'm glad you got away with just a pap, though!

Glad to hear that everything went as well as it could have! Hopefully, it will be negative. I will have my fingers crossed for you that everything comes back clear. And that you get your BFP this month.

Sorry it's been so stressful :( I'm glad you got away with just a pap, though!

happy 20 weeks!! woohoo!

Glad to hear that everything went as well as it could have! Hopefully, it will be negative. I will have my fingers crossed for you that everything comes back clear. And that you get your BFP this month.

and, your ticker says ONE day to go!!!? exciting!!:baby::dance:

One day to go but it doesn't appear she is going to be a timely little thing. I am currently the size of a house. But my co worker made me a pie for my birthday today. So I guess dragging my butt to work this pregnant is worth it. :thumbup: I will gladly have this baby and make some room on the pregnant list for you though!!!!

well, i managed to get out with just a redo of my pap smear instead of a colposcopy. was so devastated that our perfectly timed SMEP would go to waste and that the recovery from the biopsy was gonna be bad while traveling back stateside.

apparently they didn't run tests for HPV when they did the pap smear a couple weeks ago, so even though it came back as abnormal, the doctor offered to run it again, also testing for HPV this time, instead of the more invasive biopsy. she said even if you have an abnormal pap, if you're over 30 and test negative for HPV, it just means you have to come back in a year for another pap (instead of every 3). so, if i test negative, i'm good for a year. if i test positive, then i will still have to get the colposcopy, but by then it'll be november or december and i'll be preventing pregnancy then, so it won't be such a problem with timing.

so, anyway, back to our regularly schedule SMEP! bwahaha...
but ugh, my eyes are totally shot from all this crying...:cry::dohh:

thanks for letting me panic and vent. feeling better.:hugs:

I'm glad you got by with just another Pap and it didn't mess with your TTC. It is my understanding that sex before a pap can cause abnormalities so it is good they are testing for the HPV directly. Hopefully it is negative. If it is positive though, don't worry to much the colposcopy is uncomfortable and the healing feels like some bad crapping but nothing major. I was diagnosed with HPV about 10 years ago right before I met my husband. It is scary to hear the news but doesn't change your life too much, just extra visits to the OBGYN (for me it was every 6 months, instead of every year). The virus usually runs its course and if you test negative for 2 years straight (which I did) then you go back to your normal life considered HPV free.

I'm glad you got by with just another Pap and it didn't mess with your TTC. It is my understanding that sex before a pap can cause abnormalities so it is good they are testing for the HPV directly. Hopefully it is negative. If it is positive though, don't worry to much the colposcopy is uncomfortable and the healing feels like some bad crapping but nothing major. I was diagnosed with HPV about 10 years ago right before I met my husband. It is scary to hear the news but doesn't change your life too much, just extra visits to the OBGYN (for me it was every 6 months, instead of every year). The virus usually runs its course and if you test negative for 2 years straight (which I did) then you go back to your normal life considered HPV free.

well, for the first one, i was still spotting and the doc said there was some blood, so i'm maybe that messed it up at all:shrug:

and then this time, for the colposcopy, they didn't tell me not to have sex before or ANYTHING. so, i was smack dab in the middle of my fertile window:wacko: and we had sex in the evening and then i googled and found i wasn't supposed to:dohh: but went in the next morning anyway.

the lack of instruction/information i was given is a WHOLE 'nother can of worms. not impressed. and i told the nurse when i went in yesterday that i was told NOTHING. they just called, told me my pap was abnormal and that they were referring me for a colposcopy. so i had no choice but to google around, but i didn't google too in depth until the night before, when it was too late because we'd already had sex:blush: but yeah, i was not a happy camper yesterday.:nope:

lesson here: ask a ridiculous amount of questions. write them down, ask them ALL.:trouble:

Well it turns out I suffered through my cold for nothing, AF came a few days ago. Waiting for it to end so we can get started on Trying again.

Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I've written. My Husband and I have been TTC for about 7 months now. With doctor visits and phone calls, it has been a tough journey. However, this month is a little different. I don't want to psych myself out, BUT, I am going through some changes: Sore breasts and nipples (can't even sleep on my stomach), super tired- and I'm not one who takes naps, heart burn, and the kicker: I'M LATE 6 DAYS!

Right before all this happened, my doctor prescribed me Clomid, which is sitting at home right now, and of course, now I can't go on with the medication because I may or may not be preggers. LOL- just my luck! I've decided to give it until tomorrow morning to do my first test. I'm just so nervous and scared that I'll get another negative. Yes, I have these symptoms which can be all a mind trick, but what's making me think otherwise is the fact that I'm 6 days late. The most I've ever been late was 4.
So... on that note, I'm saying my prayers and I'll keep you all posted!

Ooh, that sounds really promising! Good luck, can't wait to hear the good news tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->