• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30 yo and TTC #1

Anyone have some good organizational tips? My house is a complete disaster and I'm going to be spending a chunk of next week getting it presentable again. I need to get on a good roll so I don't think to much!

Bummer, Dreaming! I think no temping is a great idea. Maybe try the sperm meets egg plan?

Tree, I usually just start with organizing my closet and then the next thing you know I'm cleaning and organizing all over! Usually when I'm mad or cranky I get a lot done!

i'm totally an angry cleaner too!:haha:

i was reading some blog the other day about organizing (only reading, no actual "action" on my part:winkwink:) and it recommended taking everything out of drawers, shelves, etc. and putting it on a table (or floor). then only put back what you actually USE in that space. it was a desk, so anything she didn't use at the desk or nearby, had to find a new home. she also donated and threw out a bunch of stuff. i always just get side tracked looking through old letters or albums or pictures.:dohh:

i cleaned out my closet last month. tried on every skirt and dress i own. i am horrible at getting rid of clothes, so i tried to ask myself, "if i was at the store, trying this on in the dressing room, would i buy it?" essentially meaning would i pay for it *again* and if the answer was "no," it went into the donate box. still have a full closet...but...baby steps, right?:blush:

I'm sorry AF got you, Dreaming. Sounds like things are back on track, though! Hopefully October will be your month.

Sorry about AF dreaming. My cycle right after my loss was weird too. I got this BFP the next one so fingers crossed for you.

i'm totally an angry cleaner too!:haha:

i was reading some blog the other day about organizing (only reading, no actual "action" on my part:winkwink:) and it recommended taking everything out of drawers, shelves, etc. and putting it on a table (or floor). then only put back what you actually USE in that space. it was a desk, so anything she didn't use at the desk or nearby, had to find a new home. she also donated and threw out a bunch of stuff. i always just get side tracked looking through old letters or albums or pictures.:dohh:

i cleaned out my closet last month. tried on every skirt and dress i own. i am horrible at getting rid of clothes, so i tried to ask myself, "if i was at the store, trying this on in the dressing room, would i buy it?" essentially meaning would i pay for it *again* and if the answer was "no," it went into the donate box. still have a full closet...but...baby steps, right?:blush:

I'm such a distracted organizer! At least when it comes to old memorabilia and photos for sure.

Part of my plan this week is also to freeze some produce from the farmers market to have for the winter and start making sourdough bread again. Lol, I may be a little overambitious, I'll set some small goals and work from there. I get overwhelmed pretty easily.

As for the whole baby making thing...I feel like testing now. Lol, which is really unusual for me. My goal is to hold out for Wednesday at least.

Good luck tree! Wednesday is almost here!!

And how I know it! I practically held my breath this morning expecting a temp drop....but we're still good!

I should probably wait until Thursday because my longest LP is 14 DPO, but I think I feel pretty on set on tomorrow. We'll see!

Part of my plan this week is also to freeze some produce from the farmers market to have for the winter and start making sourdough bread again. Lol, I may be a little overambitious, I'll set some small goals and work from there. I get overwhelmed pretty easily.

get those veggies frozen?:blush:
and homemade bread sounds fabulous:dance:

get those veggies frozen?:blush:
and homemade bread sounds fabulous:dance:

I got corn done yesterday! 12 cobs doesn't really result in much though, but it's so cheap and better in-season so DH is going to pick up some more today.

The rest of my cleaning sucked though. I didn't really get anything done :nope:

And I completely forgot about the bread lol! :blush:It's takes a week to make a starter from scratch...I will start the flour and water today!

We talked to one of the farmers on Saturday and we're going to pick up a large amount of peppers from his farm tomorrow, and maybe get some strawberries too. Most of the other veggies are root crops that we can buy throughout the year.

What I really need to do is make some pre-made meals, maybe some soups, so we're not stuck eating crap during the week when we're too tired to cook.

.....Now I'm really getting over ambitious. Maybe I'll see that BFP tomorrow morning and feel inspired!

Well, it's already later then when I wanted to get started today. So here goes!

Tree, if you are a member of pinterest private message me and I can give you my page info. I have all kinds of recipes pinned for freezer/crockpot meals. I also have a great bread recipe that you can just throw together and cook in the oven in a pyrex bowl. (I haven't tried it yet but it looks really interesting.) I have to get started on my freezer meals soon too.

Well, I am officially 32 today. It is a bitter sweet day. I got married when I was 30 and planned on getting pregnant right away. By 32 I hoped to have at toddler running around or at the very least to be pregnant. I guess life doesn't always go according to plan. While, I have little control over biology, I can control my hair. I hear RED heads have more fun than blonds! I'll let you all know if turns out to be true.

Tree, if you are a member of pinterest private message me and I can give you my page info. I have all kinds of recipes pinned for freezer/crockpot meals. I also have a great bread recipe that you can just throw together and cook in the oven in a pyrex bowl. (I haven't tried it yet but it looks really interesting.) I have to get started on my freezer meals soon too.

Well, I am officially 32 today. It is a bitter sweet day. I got married when I was 30 and planned on getting pregnant right away. By 32 I hoped to have at toddler running around or at the very least to be pregnant. I guess life doesn't always go according to plan. While, I have little control over biology, I can control my hair. I hear RED heads have more fun than blonds! I'll let you all know if turns out to be true.

I actually haven't join the pintrest movement :winkwink: I'm worried I already get too distracted as it is!

I like the red idea! And you're right, having that control does feel good.
I'm also partial to the red myself, I've been using a all natural henna dye which just gives a subtle red glow against my dark brown hair.

Happy birthday, dreaming!!! I just love new hair! It makes me feel so fresh!

Happy birthday dreaming! I have red hair and it's totally true :)

Thanks girls, all your positivity brightened my day! I attached a pic of the red hair for you guys to see but I'm not sure how attachments work here so hopefully you can see it.

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 7
Ooh la la! Hope you had a great day!

How's your 2ww tree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads