• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30 yo and TTC #1

Hi ladies- just turned 30 a couple weeks ago. I am a stepmom to two, but husband and I are ttc for our #1. Trying since feb 2013 with a m/c in June resulting in D&C. I'm actually in the waiting room at my obgyn right now waiting to start bloodwork....

Welcome smom2momhopes! Hope everything turns out great with your bloodwork! :) It's great to meet you!

Hey there everyone! I just joined and was happy to stumble across this thread after feeling extremely old. DH and I are both 32. We have been TTC #1 since October. When we started TTC I got very discouraged for a while since everything you read basically says you are close to death in re: TTC past 30. AF is due 8th or 9th and I am pretty sure that this was not our month. Good luck to everyone!

PS: I think all my acronyms are correct. I'm still trying to learn them.:winkwink:

Hey PDReggie! Welcome to the group. I myself am still trying to learn all the lingo on here! If I ever get confused or unsure I always use this website
https://tbttgp.wordpress.com/tb-glossary/

Also, unless you just didn't have sex...there is always a chance! :)

Lovely to meet you!

Found it! How long can you wait to have a baby: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/

Thanks for sharing that wonderful article!

Sorry it's taken me so long to finally learn how to do multiple quotes! It was right in front of my face the entire time!! :)

Also trying not to feel sad but all those symptoms I had been feeling are now gone! I know I'm only 6dpo so I shouldn't really get too upset since it's early. I'm completely crazy because I left my prenatal vitamins at home (since I'm visiting family 2 hrs away) and felt the need to go buy some b/c I couldn't miss out on them even though both mother and sister were telling me it'd be ok, even just for a few days! But this cycle I feel like I can't mess up!

Well AF showed her ugly face in full force today. My DH and I closed on a house on the 27th and today is moving day! So much going on and I feel like some one is squeezing my uterus with firery hands... At least we hired movers.

I am ok with no BFP this month. My DH teaches high school band and his busiest a months are September and October. So being due during those moths would be a lite rough.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday! Baby dust to all!

Well AF showed her ugly face in full force today. My DH and I closed on a house on the 27th and today is moving day! So much going on and I feel like some one is squeezing my uterus with firery hands... At least we hired movers.

I am ok with no BFP this month. My DH teaches high school band and his busiest a months are September and October. So being due during those moths would be a lite rough.

So sorry! But I love your positive attitude about it. I need more of that in my life. :thumbup: Good luck with the move and congrats on the house! That's awesome and super exciting! We are still renting and trying to save up for a down payment. We are paying a lot of student loans so we aren't in a rush to get ourselves into more debt with a mortgage. We'd like to pay it down a bit before buying. Although it would be nice to be putting money towards our own investment instead of someone else's.

Also trying not to feel sad but all those symptoms I had been feeling are now gone! I know I'm only 6dpo so I shouldn't really get too upset since it's early. I'm completely crazy because I left my prenatal vitamins at home (since I'm visiting family 2 hrs away) and felt the need to go buy some b/c I couldn't miss out on them even though both mother and sister were telling me it'd be ok, even just for a few days! But this cycle I feel like I can't mess up!

Lots of women don't get symptoms at all so don't count yourself out yet! Fx'd!

Congrats on the house! I hope your move goes smoothly!

Good luck with the move! It's always stressful.

So sorry! But I love your positive attitude about it. I need more of that in my life. :thumbup: Good luck with the move and congrats on the house! That's awesome and super exciting! We are still renting and trying to save up for a down payment. We are paying a lot of student loans so we aren't in a rush to get ourselves into more debt with a mortgage. We'd like to pay it down a bit before buying. Although it would be nice to be putting money towards our own investment instead of someone else's.

Student loans are rough. I ended up having to make mine income based because I took a job as a public defender and my loan repayment was 1/4 of my salary. But I work in the juvenile system . And love it. I wouldn't trade my little delinquents for the world.

Congrats on the house and have fun moving! :)

Student loans are rough. I ended up having to make mine income based because I took a job as a public defender and my loan repayment was 1/4 of my salary. But I work in the juvenile system . And love it. I wouldn't trade my little delinquents for the world.

It's great that you found a job you love! I think that's so much more important than making a ton of money. My hubby and I both have loans to pay so it's a bit rough but we try to pay as much as possible to get them paid off quickly. But we're not exactly rolling in dough either! But we both love what we do so it's a tradeoff.

It's great that you found a job you love! I think that's so much more important than making a ton of money. My hubby and I both have loans to pay so it's a bit rough but we try to pay as much as possible to get them paid off quickly. But we're not exactly rolling in dough either! But we both love what we do so it's a tradeoff.

DH was fortunate enough to come out of school without any loans! I, on the other hand, have a ton. PDReggie- if you live in the US, you should look into the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. I qualify as an occupational therapist working in a hospital. Payments are based on the income based repayment option and after 120 on time payments, the remainder gets forgiven. You will have to pay taxes on the amount that gets forgiven but it so much less!

TrumpetBeth - good for you for that positive attitude! I've done the same thing...thought about all the ways it's okay that I didn't get a BFP last month or the month before. If I would have, I would have to go on maternity leave super early in the school year, before I really had my kids locked down on procedures and rules to help the sub not go insane. See - so that's why last month wasn't my month! (At least that's what I'm forcing my brain to stick to)...lol

MGreenM - I'm very interested in this loan thing you speak of. I wonder if Public Service counts public school teachers? It certainly should...I'll have to look into that.

To you all...I'm really loving reading everyone's comments and stories and concerns. It makes me feel very...normal...since it all reminds me SO much of everything I feel and think, too. It's been good for me. So thank you everyone for all of your openness and support. :)

so i decided not to wait until wednesday to test.. bought 2 Family Dollar tests.. did one this afternoon and it was DEFECTIVE!!! GRRR..:growlmad:going to do the other one tommorrow morning..hope its not defective again!

I am 30 yo and ttc baby #1. Was just looking for a few friends in the same age group as me trying for baby #1!

I am in cycle 2 of trying! I'll be testing on Jan 18th if I can wait that long! :) I was diagnosed with PCOS so I tend to have a longer period than normal. Usually doesn't last longer than 42 days. I have been told it's harder for me to get pregnant so I am crossing my fingers that isn't the case! :)

Hi! I am also 30yo and am on cycle 2 for #1 with 42 day cycles. Well the last one was 42 and this one is and Feb was, the others are around 34 - 36. Good luck to us!!

so i decided not to wait until wednesday to test.. bought 2 Family Dollar tests.. did one this afternoon and it was DEFECTIVE!!! GRRR..:growlmad:going to do the other one tommorrow morning..hope its not defective again!

Ew, I hate that. I had a defective test once that was one of the pricey ones - first response. I went back several hours later though and dug it out of the trash, and the single line had finally shown up. I wouldn't have trusted the results on their own, but still.

Good luck on your tests!! Baby dust!

Ew, I hate that. I had a defective test once that was one of the pricey ones - first response. I went back several hours later though and dug it out of the trash, and the single line had finally shown up. I wouldn't have trusted the results on their own, but still.

Good luck on your tests!! Baby dust!

oh that would have irritated me more.. luckily these are the cheap ones... but still annoying. will let you know tomorrow how it goes!

The tww is bad enough. Hopefully the second will work and give you a positive

MGreenM - I'm very interested in this loan thing you speak of. I wonder if Public Service counts public school teachers? It certainly should...I'll have to look into that.

To you all...I'm really loving reading everyone's comments and stories and concerns. It makes me feel very...normal...since it all reminds me SO much of everything I feel and think, too. It's been good for me. So thank you everyone for all of your openness and support. :)

Here is a link to give you more information. I don't remember all of the specifics. But, if you teach, you are also potentially eligible for cancellation of Perkins Loans. https://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/charts/public-service

Don't count yourself out quite yet! And if you need to get more vitamins to relax? Totally worth your peace of mind!

Awww, sorry to hear that! Good luck with the moving in and congrats on the new house. A BFP will be a perfect house-warming present next month :)

We're in exactly the same place. I managed to come out of my graduate/undergrad degrees with no loans but DH went back for a graduate degree a couple of years ago and still had them from undergrad. But it's worth it because he absolutely loves his job now. We're focused on paying some of those definitely before buying a house.

Oh no! I've been thinking positive thoughts for you. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

TrumpetBeth - good for you for that positive attitude! I've done the same thing...thought about all the ways it's okay that I didn't get a BFP last month or the month before. If I would have, I would have to go on maternity leave super early in the school year, before I really had my kids locked down on procedures and rules to help the sub not go insane. See - so that's why last month wasn't my month! (At least that's what I'm forcing my brain to stick to)...lol

Dos, they can be for teachers. I have quite a few teacher friends who signed up. It's kind of a pain to sign up because it takes forever but im hoping it ends well.

DH was fortunate enough to come out of school without any loans! I, on the other hand, have a ton. PDReggie- if you live in the US, you should look into the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. I qualify as an occupational therapist working in a hospital. Payments are based on the income based repayment option and after 120 on time payments, the remainder gets forgiven. You will have to pay taxes on the amount that gets forgiven but it so much less!

M, thanks. I just learned about that recently. I'm signed up for it and they are STILL reviewing my payments 6 months later. Sigh. Baby dust to all!

That sucks! Hope the next one works and you get a BFP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->