30 yo and TTC #1

Thanks for sharing some secrets. I just read up on EPO. Do you buy it in pill or liquid form? Is it something locally available at a Walmart or Pharmacy (that's all I have here - small town) or do you special order I online? I think it's worth a try - my CM is never the same each month.

northerngal, I take the pill/softgel. I bought it at Walgreens, I'm guessing you can find it at any pharmacy.

So, ovulating buddies, how goes it?

I'm feeling so good about my chances this month, but I just hope I keep that good attitude up. DH is on a 24 today, but we slipped in a BD yesterday (yay!) and we have aaaall weekend staring tomorrow. I have bad luck with my O day falling on a day DH works...and it looked to be happening again, as I will probably O on Sunday or Monday and DH is of course scheduled to work Monday. BUT...as luck would have it, DH took Monday off to test for a fire department, so I have him Saturday through Wednesday! Plus we're expecting snow Sunday and school may be out ALL week!! This means that even if I O after Sunday, it's all falling together that we will have the opportunity to BD this time. I'm so excited...you'd think I just won something! Haha

I just got my positive opk so we will have the whole weekend and I don't go to nights until Wednesday yay!

I have had such bad luck this month hopefully it will turn around with ttc

Still on the flashing smiley face fourth one in a row but usually get four. Think I'm due to o either tomorrow or Monday and now dh on earlys we are together at night from tonight to Tues night so hoping to o tomorrow, testing again this pm.
Excited too this month as actually have ewcm and never had before!

Dos really glad it's fallen right for you this month with the o and dh shifts sounds like a great recipe for a bfp! Sending luck your way! What smiley are you on now?

Meljen sorry to hear you've had a rough month but glad to hear you can get the timing right makesffor a much happier tww if you feel like your in with a shot!

I just got my positive opk so we will have the whole weekend and I don't go to nights until Wednesday yay!

I have had such bad luck this month hopefully it will turn around with ttc

I'm glad your luck this month is turning around. This is the most important time to have good luck anyways, so make it count. :thumbup:

Still on the flashing smiley face fourth one in a row but usually get four. Think I'm due to o either tomorrow or Monday and now dh on earlys we are together at night from tonight to Tues night so hoping to o tomorrow, testing again this pm.
Excited too this month as actually have ewcm and never had before!

Dos really glad it's fallen right for you this month with the o and dh shifts sounds like a great recipe for a bfp! Sending luck your way! What smiley are you on now?

Meljen sorry to hear you've had a rough month but glad to hear you can get the timing right makesffor a much happier tww if you feel like your in with a shot!

I'm so excited for you that your DH's schedule cooperated this time. If anybody understands that, it's me. And seeing EWCM is ridiculously exciting. Ridiculously being the key word. I have to laugh at myself when I'm in the bathroom and my face lights up because I have it and I do a little happy dance. :happydance: Only girls TTC would understand that.

I'm still on flashing smiley, too. This is my 3rd cycle using OPK's - the first one I had 2 days of H and then hit peak and the 2nd I went straight from low to peak. This time I've had 3 days of high so far...so I'm really not sure when my smiley plans to stop flashing, but it should be really soon. It's still early though (4:30am to be exact...I'm a terrible sleeper), so I plan to test again this afternoon. Hopefully both of our smileys will sit still soon. :winkwink:

Ha ha because once I get flashy I test twice a day I get quite annoyed with the flashing little git lol been the seventh time iv seen him this cycle so really ready for him to stand blooming still!
And yes only us ttc girlie's get the random things we get happy about!

Saw an old friend yesterday who's 13 weeks pregnant and had to force a fake smile when she told me that had gotten pregnant on the pill and because of her bf being away had only dtd twice that month! How the hell does that work! Also had to bite my tongue when she said she was disappointed because didn't get to try because would have been fun!

Ohhhh...I don't think I could have bitten my tongue on that last one. I'd have to inform her that it is, in fact, the least fun thing ever. People have an image in their head of what it's like...romantic BDing and the excitement...yeah, no. Not even close. Getting pregnant by accident is a godsend for your sanity.

Ohhhh...I don't think I could have bitten my tongue on that last one. I'd have to inform her that it is, in fact, the least fun thing ever. People have an image in their head of what it's like...romantic BDing and the excitement...yeah, no. Not even close. Getting pregnant by accident is a godsend for your sanity.

I think the experience will be so much better for us because we have wanted and waited. Ours kids will never feel like an accident or unwanted. I will definitely tell my child how much I prayed to God for them and how they are Gods blessing to me and their Daddy

Northerngal, I have only been trying to conceive a few months so I don't really do anything besides the OPKs ( I use the same one as you! but I also use the cheapies during the first few days and once I start seeing a line I switch to the smiley face ones since they are so expensive) and taking prenatal vitamins. My husband also thinks I'm pretty crazy for obsessing over it all and reading up on things. I just told him we all have our things to obsess about and stopped talking to him as much about it, which is why I started this thread! Even my mom and sister who know I'm ttc kept telling me to calm down and all. So, I couldn't even obsess with them!

Emb84, so glad you could join us! Welcome! I for sure thought I would be trying for kids around 25 but life never happens as we plan does it! Although it sure would make life easier if it did! ha!

Meljen, sorry to hear you are not feeling as well! Good thing you're laying low! Get lots of rest!

Dos and ladders, so glad that you get to do all the BDing you want! :) That it is all in place!! Good luck to you this cycle. Hoping baby dust is coming yalls way!

So fertility friend says I ovulated on Wednesday. I did the bd on Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday pus once more last night, just in case! Hopefully that was enough! I'm not feeling as positive this round or as excited as the previous two cycles. Trying to stay busy so I don't symptom check like a crazy person like I did last time! I am just going to watch my chart and if my period hasn't come by 15dpo I will take a test!

Crossing my fingers and toes! Bring some baby dust my way pleeeeease! :)

Question, I thought once you got a positive on the OPK that you should stop testing. Is there a reason to keep testing?

I stop testing when I get a positive on the lh surge (solid smiley) the opks I use are dual hormone ones which also pick up oestrogen rise (flashing smiley) which happens in the days running up to the start of the surge. True positive (peak fertility)is picking up the lh bit so test twice a day until I get that but they say oestrogen rise is high fertility so try to bd as much as possible still.

Ha ha after bd last night dh remarked how much better it is when I'm relaxed and not thinking about babies or planning it and it just happens. I'm clearly better at hiding things from him now because obsessed stressed as ever! Do think it helps to have you ladies to talk to so thank you also! Xxx

Northerngal, I have only been trying to conceive a few months so I don't really do anything besides the OPKs ( I use the same one as you! but I also use the cheapies during the first few days and once I start seeing a line I switch to the smiley face ones since they are so expensive) and taking prenatal vitamins. My husband also thinks I'm pretty crazy for obsessing over it all and reading up on things. I just told him we all have our things to obsess about and stopped talking to him as much about it, which is why I started this thread! Even my mom and sister who know I'm ttc kept telling me to calm down and all. So, I couldn't even obsess with them!

Emb84, so glad you could join us! Welcome! I for sure thought I would be trying for kids around 25 but life never happens as we plan does it! Although it sure would make life easier if it did! ha!

Meljen, sorry to hear you are not feeling as well! Good thing you're laying low! Get lots of rest!

Dos and ladders, so glad that you get to do all the BDing you want! :) That it is all in place!! Good luck to you this cycle. Hoping baby dust is coming yalls way!

So fertility friend says I ovulated on Wednesday. I did the bd on Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday pus once more last night, just in case! Hopefully that was enough! I'm not feeling as positive this round or as excited as the previous two cycles. Trying to stay busy so I don't symptom check like a crazy person like I did last time! I am just going to watch my chart and if my period hasn't come by 15dpo I will take a test!

Crossing my fingers and toes! Bring some baby dust my way pleeeeease! :)

Question, I thought once you got a positive on the OPK that you should stop testing. Is there a reason to keep testing?

Your chances sound great! Maybe we'll have several BFPs this time! :dust:

I don't know if the cheapie OPK's are the same or not, but with the dual hormone one, the one ladders and I use, the first positive you get is the estrogen rise (flashing smiley). You keep testing until you get your LH rise (solid smiley), which can happen a day later or several days later. Then you stop, since you know you'll ovulate in 12-36 hours once it detects LH. If the ones you're using just detect the LH rise, then you wouldn't have to keep testing after your first positive.

Ladders, you beat my response by 1 minute. Lol

Good for you for hiding it well. I've decided that's the best thing to do. They're just not wired like us...even the wonderful ones who try to understand just can't fully get it. Mine appreciates being kept in the dark actually...haha.

Ha ha great minds eh dos!

Yeah at first both of us thought he'd want to know everything but we both soon realised it's far more than my poor dh could cope with. I hide quite alot of "the crazy" from him already so one more area not too hard lol. Even managed to use a soft cup last night without him noticing. Man he would freak out if he saw that!

Oh yeah...mine acted like the softcup was just the craziest thing on Earth and gave me grief about it. He got over it though, and he knows I'm using them. I was actually really proud of him this morning. After BD, I always try to get on my back ASAP of course, and he usually kinda scoffs and makes fun of me. This time he was giving me directions to how I could flip over the easiest with minimum swimmer loss, and then he even put his feet his feet under my butt to prop me up while he was grabbing my softcup for me. That was quite the change for him. It made me kinda warm and fuzzy. :)

Ah that's a real step forward for you dos I'm really pleased. He's obviously seeing how the planning is important to you and helping you out that's really sweet.

Grrr still flashing face! Looks so blooming pleased with himself as well!

Solid smiley!! Yaaay! Ladders, I'm sending my solid smiley vibes over to yours to get him to sit still. :)

Solid smiley!! Yaaay! Ladders, I'm sending my solid smiley vibes over to yours to get him to sit still. :)

yay!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Alright ladies, so, I want your opinion/help with something as I haven't really gotten to know the ladies in the first trimester section (I think I just haven't been on here as much as I have been super tired, stressed and a little under the weather recently).

First off, DH is itching to tell the world! Which is totally adorable! So I think after the first sonogram on the 18th is when we will tell the parents. For his parents, coming up with a fun way to tell them was pretty easy as this will be their first grandchild. We are going to order them a cookie bouquet (they live out of state) and write on it "Bubbe and Papa?" "Grandma and Grandpa?" etc. My only concern is that they will blab before talking to us so I might include a cookie that says "just between us" or something of that nature.

However, for my parents, it's not so easy. They already have 2 grandchildren (I have a brother who is 6 years older than I am). So I am not sure how to tell them...my most recent thought is to email a picture of the sonogram...without any explanation. But I feel like that is boring and want to do something a little more creative.

Not sure when we will tell siblings and other extended family yet. Hopefully at that point, I will be through all of my transitions and feel more excited. I am slowly becoming less anxious about the timing of everything and starting to get a little bit excited at times. It will probably help if I felt better physically too! But this little cold seems to be easing up a little bit...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

My idea for how to tell my parents (my siblings are all much older than me so they've been grandparents for a long time...actually Im concerned they'll be great grandparents before I make them grandparents again...but I digress)...is to give them a cute baby-themed picture frame with a little note inside that says something like "your grandbaby's first picture coming soon"...

I've also seen ideas where people wrap a little gift box with a passifer in it with a little note "from the grandbaby" that says to keep it at their house for "whenever I come over"...that kind of thing. I personally like the picture frame idea better though...bonus: they already have one for the first picture you give them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->