30 yo and TTC #1

Hi guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 31 but 32 in April. We are starting ttc after my next period which is due at the beginning of March.

I am so tired today because I started temping for the first time last night. I was so incredibly excited to take my temp reading - that I woke up 4 times in the middle of the night. As a consequence, I wasn't able to get a proper reading. And today I'm exhausted.

What a crappy start!! :blush:

To be honest I'm a little bit scared about what lies ahead but excited too.

I have my prenatal OB/GYN apt this week - have you guys been through one and what can I expect?

Hey Choc! Another Australian! I'm not Australian but Hope sure is! My husband is Australian and I lived there for about 5 years in Sydney! :) We lived the Castle Hill/Baulkham Hills area! We've now moved to Mississippi to be closer to my family when we decided to start a family! Nothing like having your own mother around!

I never had a prenatal appointment so not really sure what happens or what they do but good luck with that! Have fun! :) Let us know how it goes.

When I started temping, I did the same exact thing. I was more nervous I wouldn't wake in time so I kept waking up. You get used to it though! I'm on my second cycle of temping and I'm now getting to compare this cycle to the one before. It's interesting! :)

ladders, we sure do! I loooooove Eli! It's a gorgeous name! Very jealous your husband likes it too! Ava and Etta are just as gorgeous too!

Dos, hope you're feeling better today!

Miskas, any news?

R, I had the same thing when I traveled last cycle, my temps jumped all around. It gets confusing and annoying!

Hi guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 31 but 32 in April. We are starting ttc after my next period which is due at the beginning of March.

I am so tired today because I started temping for the first time last night. I was so incredibly excited to take my temp reading - that I woke up 4 times in the middle of the night. As a consequence, I wasn't able to get a proper reading. And today I'm exhausted.

What a crappy start!! :blush:

To be honest I'm a little bit scared about what lies ahead but excited too.

I have my prenatal OB/GYN apt this week - have you guys been through one and what can I expect?

Glad you found us! I had that same thing when I started temping last cycle. But now I almost fall asleep with the thermometer in my mouth, lol. The one thing that took a little practice was knowing when, if I wake up before my temping alarm, what my body feels like if I'm not going to immediately fall back asleep and I should temp a little early.

I had a preconception appointment (that's what my Dr's office called it). Mine was mostly because I wanted genetic screening since I'm in a high risk ethnic group so they talked to me a little about that, we talked about stopping the pill, OPKs, and prenatal vitamins. They also tested me for vitamin deficiencies, etc which was good since my Vitamin D was very low. And something I didn't do but I suggest would be to ask about when to come back if you don't conceive right away. It's just nice to have a timetable.

ladders, we sure do! I loooooove Eli! It's a gorgeous name! Very jealous your husband likes it too! Ava and Etta are just as gorgeous too!

I love the name Eli too! Unfortunately my parents named their dog Eli so that's out for me. I actually don't think about it too much but I love the name Tess or Tessa. I haven't even told DH since I think he'll be much more receptive to ideas once I'm actually pregnant. At the moment he suggests things like Pickaxe for a girl.

I had my Dr's appointment today. She said that it's not uncommon for OPKs to pick up other hormones, which is kind of what I figured. So I guess that explains the nearly positive test I had right before AF. She said she recommends the digitals for this reason, which is great, but I'm not going to use those until I have some indication that I'm ovulating at all. It's too expensive! Other than that she said to try to relax and to give it 2 more cycles. If my cycles keep being long and/or anovulatory she said we'll do an ultrasound and she'll prescribe Provera. I love that she's proactive. 2 cycles is not bad. Especially since I'm planning to take Vitex if I don't ovulate this cycle!

Choc - welcome! Don't worry about the temping...it's weird at first but you'll get the hang of it.

Ladders - I Love those names! Ava is one of our runner-up girls names. I like Eli too, but DH wold probably never go for it because he vetoes EVERY single boy name EVER. Boys.

Owl - pickaxe!! Haha, I laughed pretty hard on that. It sounds like you have a good doctor. There probably isn't anything to be concerned about since you're fresh off the pill and that does crazy psycho things to your cycle.

Update on me...I have a urologist appointment tomorrow to see what he wants to do about this damned rock stuck in my ureter. I have a bad feeling he's going to want to do surgery. Eh, we'll see. I'll keep you guys posted.

owl - I am glad you are pleased with what your doctor is saying!

dos- I hope you don't need surgery! Good luck!

choc- welcome!

A quick update from me: I started the new job today. It's such a warm environment! Everyone was excited to see me and very welcoming. While I had told my supervisor that I was pregnant (necessary as there are some patients I shouldn't work with while pregnant i.e. patients who are getting radiation/chemotherapy) she had only told those that needed to know for scheduling patients with me. She wanted to respect my privacy which really felt good! Morning sickness has really been at a minimum. Had my first appointment last week with an ultrasound and everything is good. So, overall things are on the upswing at this point. I think a lot of the anxiety I have had over the past couple of months have been hormone related with some work related things (the work related things are gone with changing jobs. although there may be others with the new job, you never know!)

I hope everyone is having a great start to their week!

Dos, I hope you don't end up in surgery.

MGreenM, so glad to hear you're liking the new job, and the pregnancy isn't an issue!

Owl, I hope you and your doctor sort things out soon.

I thought for sure AF was on the way, but she never showed. I've been tracking my cycles since August, and I'm usually 28 or 29 days, but rarely 27 or 30. Today is day 29, and the period symptoms, which usually show up during my period and not before, are fading. Tests are still negative. I don't know what to think. I only have one FRER left, so I'm going to wait til Wednesday, when I'm officially late, if she doesn't show up tomorrow. Ergh. Hate suspense.

MGreenM, so glad to hear you're liking the new job, and the pregnancy isn't an issue!

I thought for sure AF was on the way, but she never showed. I've been tracking my cycles since August, and I'm usually 28 or 29 days, but rarely 27 or 30. Today is day 29, and the period symptoms, which usually show up during my period and not before, are fading. Tests are still negative. I don't know what to think. I only have one FRER left, so I'm going to wait til Wednesday, when I'm officially late, if she doesn't show up tomorrow. Ergh. Hate suspense.

good luck!

Owl, Still the same.....
Off to Sunny Florida tomorrow.. not sure how much access i will have, back next tuesday! Have a great week ladies

Miskas mommy - lucky lucky! Have a great time!

Mrs k - I'll keep my fingers crossed that she stays away!!

Green - Glad things are better!

Ooh good luck!

Owl - pickaxe!! Haha, I laughed pretty hard on that.

That's my DH! His newest one is joking that he'll agree to knock me up if I agree to seriously consider the name Dominic. Which sounds vaguely normal until you know that his best friend's name is Dominic AND that we already have a cat named Dominic, named after his friend. Can you imagine? We already have to talk about human Dominic and cat Dominic to differentiate. He says it'd be great because we could tell our son he was named for the cat who was named for his friend :dohh:

Girls, I finally made the decision to commit - I'm going to learn to sew! I'm going to take some classes and I already picked out the sewing machine I'm asking DH to buy me for my 30th birthday in May! I've already found so many adorable beginner sewing projects for future baby...burping cloths and little add-ons for onesies and so forth. I'm so excited about this that I wanted to share! I've mentioned this on here before - that I need to find a new hobby to stay busy and sewing was an option, but I kinda kept putting it off - well I'm gonna go for it. I'm feeling so much more positive about TTC lately...just telling myself that stressing is only hurting my chances...and I think learning this new skill will not only keep my idle hands busy but give me a useful mommy skill, too! Yay for hobbies!

Found out today that I can't ttc till April. Have to wait on a test I can't do till late march.
Really disappointed.
GP said not to worry - that I wasn't old and had plenty of time. It was sweet of him but I'm still so disappointed. I feel like I've left it so late as it is.

Girls, I finally made the decision to commit - I'm going to learn to sew! I'm going to take some classes and I already picked out the sewing machine I'm asking DH to buy me for my 30th birthday in May! I've already found so many adorable beginner sewing projects for future baby...burping cloths and little add-ons for onesies and so forth. I'm so excited about this that I wanted to share! I've mentioned this on here before - that I need to find a new hobby to stay busy and sewing was an option, but I kinda kept putting it off - well I'm gonna go for it. I'm feeling so much more positive about TTC lately...just telling myself that stressing is only hurting my chances...and I think learning this new skill will not only keep my idle hands busy but give me a useful mommy skill, too! Yay for hobbies!

how fun! you will have to post pictures of your projects! I know some basic sewing but don't have a sewing machine. What I really want to do is work on a scrapbook from the wedding. I haven't started yet because I wanted to get the formal pics back and printed first...but it might be a good thing for my mental health to go ahead and start it (although not good for my wallet! lol!) and it may help with my energy levels as well.

Found out today that I can't ttc till April. Have to wait on a test I can't do till late march.
Really disappointed.
GP said not to worry - that I wasn't old and had plenty of time. It was sweet of him but I'm still so disappointed. I feel like I've left it so late as it is.

Sounds like your GP is great! I am glad he is supportive. I can understand that you are disappointed. It's hard to be told you have to wait for something you really want. But, we are at the end of February so it isn't as far away as it seems! Good luck with the test!

I'm so sorry, ChocLover. Delays are so disappointing :( :hugs:

Dos, I hope you have fun! Sewing is so rewarding once you get past the initial frustration of not knowing what you're doing. So cool to take raw materials and then actually end up with an awesome useful thing.

MrsK, good luck!

Miskas, have fun!

Dos, that sounds like fun. We want to see pictures of all your projects!

Choclover, sorry for the delay. That always sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->