30 yo and TTC #1

Dos, I hope you have a quick recovery.
Welcome to all the new guys
Pd, I'm glad your staying in our thread. I love hearing what to expect. Hopefully the nausea will go away soon

As for me, I have a dr appointment for the 12th for my yearly pap and to discuss our problems with ttc. I chose a dr that specializes in ttc issues.
We are going on a weekend vacation to the mountains to relax a bit and have some alone time. His family tries to tag along on every vacation so I won't tell dh where we are going so he won't let it slip out. I'm trying to be understanding that they just want to spend time with us but it is still a little overwhelming.

That would be overwhelming. I give you credit for being understanding.

So, fun update of the day. Went to court this morning, and one of my clients tells me she has viral meningitis. WTF?!?!?! So, not only did I have to tell the Judge's secretary about the pregnancy so she would look it up for me, I had to call the dr. when I got back from court. The doctor said she is going to bounce this off some of the other doctors but that unless I hear back from her, I should just make sure to wash my hands and try not to get close to the client. What a day.

OH, reggie! How awful! At least as soon as I look in a patient's chart I will know immediately if I should not be going in to see them! I am still loving the new job! Everyone is just SO NICE! And, I am slowly getting more patients...stupid orientation stuff! I have been sooo tired and my boobs REALLY hurt if I am not wearing a bra. So, I went and got some sleep bras and they help tremendously! Ladies, when the time comes, I highly recommend them! I try to get lots of sleep, but working full time doesn't make that super easy!

How is everyone's week going? How is everyone feeling? Sorry to those who saw the witch! Here's hoping this cycle will be the one for you!

That would be overwhelming. I give you credit for being understanding.

So, fun update of the day. Went to court this morning, and one of my clients tells me she has viral meningitis. WTF?!?!?! So, not only did I have to tell the Judge's secretary about the pregnancy so she would look it up for me, I had to call the dr. when I got back from court. The doctor said she is going to bounce this off some of the other doctors but that unless I hear back from her, I should just make sure to wash my hands and try not to get close to the client. What a day.
Sorry for what you are going through .. i know with your work you can't be soo careful but be as much as possible..
i also do get the patient's file before i deal with them so it would be much easier ..

ladies i have a quick question for you all...
as i said before i have been seriously dry lately and even preseed is not helping much.. its as my body is absobing it.. so odd. but thats not my question..
for the last 2 days i had my positive opk and no drop of the temp .. today t was only .3 degree higher than yesterday.. does that mean i ovulated ?? i have many symptoms of PMS though.. back pain, dry mouth, super moody and emotional, enlarged bb's.. so confused.. please help if you can ...

Hi, girls. I've been reading through everything when I can. I'm so glad new ladies are joining us! The more support, the better. And - maybe I'm biased - but I happen to think we have a pretty amazing group of girls going here. You're all so amazing in your own ways. I've never felt such wonderful friendships with girls I've never technically met. I can't wait for us all to be mommies and be offering support in that new endeavor.

Good luck to all in the doctors appointments coming up. Reggie, oh my! I'd be freaking out. I'm not much of a germ-a-phobe (teachers would pretty much die if they were), but I'm sure when there's a bump to be concerned with, I will be flipping out.

Hope - I would say it's too early to be sure if you've ovulated yet. The rise after O can sometimes be gradual (a few tenths a day) or it's sometimes a huge rise. Determining your exact ovulation date is usually a hindsight thing. You'll know more in a couple of days. If you can link your chart, I can take a look at it for you. I feel like I'm becoming a pro at this chart thing! Lol. As far as your dryness is concerned, if it continues, I would suggest looking into a supplement like EPO or taking robitussin during your fertile period. I always hear rave reviews of those things creating fluid in women who aren't naturally making enough.

As for me, as long as I stay off my feet, I'm doing okay. In better news though, we have a new member of our family! My husband and I have been wanting to adopt a new dog for quite some time, and we finally found the one who is just perfect for our little family. We rescued her from our local shelter yesterday (we literally went straight there after being released from the hospital...lol...we were so afraid someone else would adopt her and we'd miss her). She's about 1 year old and is a red heeler mix. She is quite frankly A DOLL. She's loving and calm and incredibly smart. She was a stray when picked up by the shelter so naturally was not house-trained. I worked with her for 5 minutes this morning on using the doggy door, and she's got it. She has not had one single accident in the house and has been taking herself in and out all day when she needs to go. Not only that, but she's already doing pretty well with the sit command! She's getting along great with our 2 boston terriers, too...even our senior cranky-pants boston. I just love her to death, and I know that when we finally have a baby to bring home, she's going to be a great protector for the little one. Now for pictures! We named her Penny.

https://s27.postimg.org/hi3j4ynnz/image.jpg

https://s27.postimg.org/g1s0mtkr3/image.jpg

https://s27.postimg.org/brdcr8fnz/image.jpg

Awww Dos, she's so cute! Congrats :) She sounds so smart too!

Hope, I agree, you should post your chart if you can. Partially because I'm nosy and love looking at charts but it's just so much easier than trying to visualize!

Dos, she is adorable! Feel better. Off to take the milk of magnesium the doctor recommended for constipation (tmi sorry). From what I understand it will help with that but will also ensure by the taste that I finally puke. Maybe that's why they say to drink a full glass of water with it. Wish me luck!

dos- she's adorable! enjoy her! It sounds like she is very well behaved! She may have had accidents at the shelter because she was scared. It sounds like she feels very comfortable with you which is a great thing!

Reggie- I don't think MOM tastes good to anyone! I have watched some of my patients drink it and oh the faces they make! How did it go taking it? You might be able to mix it in with juice (not sure as I have never taken it) if it didn't go down/stay down...Hope the constipation eases up for you!

the MOM worked! THANK YOU GOD!!!! It was nasty but the nice part about having been a wild child party girl back in the day (and sometimes still) is that I am very good at shots. Just shoot it and start chugging water as a chaser. Who knew my party girl past would help my settled down preggo present? I am SO telling the judge THAT story. She always tells me she is amazed I made it this far because my stories are a little off the wall from my youth.

Hope everyone is having a super fabulous day!!!!! Good luck to anyone headed into fertile period. I can't wait for you guys to get your BFPs. :happydance:

Quick temping question ladies. DH woke up at 4:30am not feeling well so I woke up as well. I knew I wasn't going to fall back asleep in a couple of seconds so I took my temp. It was 97.1, which is weird since all my 6am temps until now have been 96.8ish. I ended up falling back asleep in less than 5 mins (didn't get up or anything) and decided to take my temp again at 6am. It was 96.8 again then. I was kind of warm when I woke up at 4:30 but felt normal at 6am. Which temp would you use? The 4:30am one adjusted or the 6am one after non-continuous sleep?

That's a tough one, owl. (My iPad just adjusted owl to WLAN, and it wasn't even spelled wrong...Hmm, maybe that's what it want me to call you....) Anyways WLAN, I think that in this case, I'd go with the 2nd one. You didn't get up or toss and turn, and it's much closer to your normal temps, so I'd say it seems to be the more accurate of the two.

Speaking of temping...my chart looks like a psycho mess. I'm not trying this month anymore, but I still want to chart and track O for the sake of record keeping, and uh...it's not going well. I've never ovulated this late, nor have I ever had EWCM and not gotten smiley faces. I hadn't POAS in the last few days because my peeing has also been a psycho mess...but I finally did this morning expecting to see solid smiley (based on my CM) and nope - empty circle of doom. I guess it would make sense that the kidney stone/surgery/million med march could be messing things up...right? I'm taking these blue pills for stint pain that turn my pee a pretty seafoam aqua...strangest thing on the planet...but maybe that crap is making it difficult for smiley stick to detect hormones? Or maybe it's that my body was gearing up to O and it decided too much crap was going on and my eggo ran and hid for a while? I dunno. Even though I don't NEED to ovulate right now because I'm not trying to catch it, I NEED to ovulate right now so that I don't worry that something's wrong. Does that make sense?

Any thoughts on this?

I'm going to guess it's the surgery. That kind of trauma can screw things up.

I'm still in limbo here. Tiny bit of spotting last night and overnight, still getting cramps and backaches as if I have my period. Tests still negative. Not feeling good, but no nausea. I'm guessing my body is just screwing around, but I'd like to know why.

Owl, I'd say use the temp at the 6am time slot since it's the time you normally take it and the temp is around the same temps you've been getting normally. I did the same thing this morning. I woke up at 7 and took my temp but I was overheated and my temp came up 96.8. I rested some more (5 min) and took my temp again and it was 96.3. So I'm using the second one.

Dos, What a beautiful puppy! Penny is adorable and seems to be very smart! :) I hope your recovery is going well! You're temps are probably all over the page due to the stone and I wouldn't worry about it too much right now! I'm sure you'll ovulate soon!

So I was a bit sad this morning because after loosing the five pounds it seems I've gained one or possibly two pounds (hard for me to tell, I don't have a digital weight machine!). I've been eating so healthy all week and working out as well! So just disappointed I haven't lost a couple more pounds and actually gained!

Due to O soon if I repeat what I did last cycle! :)

Dose your new puppy is soo cute and I love the name, iv been thinking about getting another doggie but dh says no gilbert would be too jealous, He is a bit of a velcro dog!

I'm having the same weird cycle with my opks how strange! I usually get a flashing smiley the second day cycle day 8 but this cycle didn't start testing till cycle day 8 because of the whole stolen phone thing. First test is always blank smiley to calibrate the test but then had blanks the next four days so I assumed I tested too late to pick up oestrogen. I expected solid smiley today and got a flashing one?! Wtf? I'm hoping it goes solid soon because will be a bloody strange cycle for me if we now have the five days of flashing. Normally have a solid by this cycle day so I don't know what to think

LSD, if you've been working out more than usual, your muscles may be retaining water is they repair themselves. I gained too, when I started going to the gym. Or it could just be a matter of weighing at a different time of day or something.

:haha: Dos, WLAN. Love it! My iPhone likes to do that too. Replace normal words with weird ones that I obviously would like better. Or something. Not too sure of that logic.

Thanks Dos and lsd. I think you're right. I feel like the 6am temp is much more normal so I'll use it. It's always hard because I don't want to feel like I'm changing things to make my chart pretty.

Dos, I really think it's the stress of surgery and healing and meds and all of that that's pushing your O date back. Could also be the weird pee! :D But I'm sure it will come. Just try to be patient. I bet you're right in guessing that your body geared up to O and just didn't quite get there.

Good luck MrsK, I hope you get an answer soon! You too ladders :)

lsd, your chart definitely looks like it's gearing up to O. Yay! I really wouldn't worry at all about the 1-2 pounds. Our bodies can fluctuate way more than that just due to water retention and silly things like that. It's like temping, you care much more about the overall picture than a couple individual data points. If you're eating healthy and working out then you know you're doing the right thing for your body and the weight will follow.

Hello all!

I am in a similar boat as most of you, except I have just started my first cycle of Clomid 50mg - I am on CD7 today.

I was diagnosed with PCOS once it was discovered I was not ovulating each month - luckily, my DH (33, almost 34) has healthy swimmers.

I can tell you I already understand how you must feel in regards to becoming obsessive / a little crazy - I am here to seek support from women who can understand. (I can tell you that I am the only woman in my family to have issues conceiving and its very frustrating!)

Anyone else have trouble falling asleep? It's like my mind is overactive with all the what ifs and waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->