30 yo and TTC #1

hi, i'm new to this convo... did u get your BFP.. I hope so..
I am 38 and ttc ... this is my first cycle of clomid.... my period is due next Thursday and the wait is driving me crazy..... how did u cope with it

hi all, i'm 38years old,,, never had a baby and ttc for a few months now... doctor told me I had a fibroid and a few cysts... been on medication and with god's blessings the cysts have completely disappeared.... I am so thankful.... I ovulate regularly, have 28 day cycles,... my period is pretty perfect..... doctor put me on clomid this cycle and I am in my tww and I am simply going bonkers

I usually have really really excessive pms... you name the symptom .. yup I have it and it usually starts about 2 - 3 dpo

this month however, on 7dpo. noticed a slight tingling (more shocking) sensation in my nips, and now my bbs are a bit tender... but not like normal pms, the centre of my armpit is also sore, I normally have pain in my armpits during pms but not in that specific location.. it should be noted that in 2009 I had surgery in both armpits to remove redundant breast tissue...... further i'm not experiencing the cravings for chocolate I usually get from about 10 before af

anyhoot... any of you gals had success on your first cycle of clomid.... please share with me... can my ease in pms be because of the clomid.... this wait is killing me.. im quite snappy and aggressive lately and seem to have no patience with dh.....

oh god.....

I know exactly what u're going through... it is difficult but thank god for the people here......

Hello all!

Anyone else have trouble falling asleep? It's like my mind is overactive with all the what ifs and waiting.

Welcome to the group, SPJD and Sheyan.

I'm having a terrible time sleeping. Between the regular insomnia that I can't take melatonin for while TTC, and the stress of TTC, I'm tossing and turning all night. Hopefully we all get positives soon, so we at least have something more exciting to keep us up all night ;)

Hello all!

I am in a similar boat as most of you, except I have just started my first cycle of Clomid 50mg - I am on CD7 today.

I was diagnosed with PCOS once it was discovered I was not ovulating each month - luckily, my DH (33, almost 34) has healthy swimmers.

I can tell you I already understand how you must feel in regards to becoming obsessive / a little crazy - I am here to seek support from women who can understand. (I can tell you that I am the only woman in my family to have issues conceiving and its very frustrating!)

Anyone else have trouble falling asleep? It's like my mind is overactive with all the what ifs and waiting.

I always have trouble falling asleep! Lately my husband has been so lovely trying to get me relaxed (he's convinced it hasn't happened yet because I'm freaking out a obsessing over everything!) so he runs me a bath every other night or so with eucalyptus oil and a glass of carbonated water with a dash of lemon! I really have the best husband in the world! :)

I too have pcos. Got diagnosed when I was around 26. I was told it could be difficult for me to try and get pregnant but we got pregnant right away even though it ended up in a chemical so we're just feeling so positive about that. I tend to have regular periods now. I am just trying to eat healthy and exercise and keep my self busy and positive!

GL to you! You've come to the right place to vent! All these ladies are beautiful! :)

Nice to meet you Sheyan, I've never been on Clomid, sorry!

Mrs. K, still no sign of AF?! Keeping fingers crossed for you! :)

Ok, so quick question, today I took my OPK and it came up really close to positive. Should I take it again tonight or just go ahead and assume today is a negative ?!

He does sound great, lsd. Maybe I can borrow him sometime, I could use a warm bath! ;)

Still no sign. Little bit of spotting overnight, but that's it. I've felt awful all day, though. Like I have the Worst Period Ever. This better be a hormonal thing and not just me being sick. I took a little nap and I'm feeling a little more human, but my back still hurts.

Nope, I spoke too soon. She's here, and she's ANGRY. Kind of glad, because if this was pregnancy, I'm not sure I'd survive 9 months of it.

Welcome SPJD and Sheyan!

I have terrible trouble sleeping. I used to take melatonin, but since you can't take that while TTC, I've been kinda screwed. I find it to be much worse during the 2ww because of the anxiety. Last 2ww I finally tried Sleepytime tea. My problem with that is that I hate tea. Hate it. Tea. Yuck. But dang it, it helped! I added a perverse amount of honey to it to get it down (if you like tea, I'm sure it's great though). But anyways...slept like a rock. I kinda thought of it like theraflu...just had to force it down. Did I mention I hate tea? Yuck.

I'm so sorry Mrs. K! That really sucks. I'm glad you're out of limbo though...that's always the hardest thing for me...sanity-sucking limbo.

Quick temping question ladies. DH woke up at 4:30am not feeling well so I woke up as well. I knew I wasn't going to fall back asleep in a couple of seconds so I took my temp. It was 97.1, which is weird since all my 6am temps until now have been 96.8ish. I ended up falling back asleep in less than 5 mins (didn't get up or anything) and decided to take my temp again at 6am. It was 96.8 again then. I was kind of warm when I woke up at 4:30 but felt normal at 6am. Which temp would you use? The 4:30am one adjusted or the 6am one after non-continuous sleep?

I'd go with the second. You didn't physically get up and move around anymore than you normally would when you sleep anyway

ladies.... my heart goes out to every single one here..... I pray to god that we all get our BFPs soon.....

you know... I tell God.."I know that you know what you're doing and why you're doing it, my only hope is that one day I would understand and accept your plan for me with regard to being a mother"

it's so hard, my first husband couldn't have kids (that's not why I left tho), now my second husband has 3... all the years doctors told me I had no problems..... hormones are perfect, cycle is perfect and ovulating ... just not getting preggers... then when I found out in September I had a fibroid on the right and a few cysts on the left... I felt my world fall apart... I never expected to hear that...

but after stressing and crying I gave it all up to god one sunday in church and you all would never believe this... I had my doctor's appointment the next Friday and I quote my doctor here "if I didn't know you had cysts before I would never think so... perfect womb"

so for those of you who believe in faith... trust god...

right now.. all i'm praying for is my BFP come next Thursday..... I will be disappointed if i'm not... but I truly believe god knows best.

baby dust to alllll....

lsd2721
as far as I know, once you see a light line on your OPK u can start your BD.. but test again tomorrow and I's sure you'll see your two strong lines....
with me the day or two before O I see light lines and then on cd 14 it is even darker than the control line

good luck

Speaking of temping...my chart looks like a psycho mess. I'm not trying this month anymore, but I still want to chart and track O for the sake of record keeping, and uh...it's not going well. I've never ovulated this late, nor have I ever had EWCM and not gotten smiley faces. I hadn't POAS in the last few days because my peeing has also been a psycho mess...but I finally did this morning expecting to see solid smiley (based on my CM) and nope - empty circle of doom. I guess it would make sense that the kidney stone/surgery/million med march could be messing things up...right? I'm taking these blue pills for stint pain that turn my pee a pretty seafoam aqua...strangest thing on the planet...but maybe that crap is making it difficult for smiley stick to detect hormones? Or maybe it's that my body was gearing up to O and it decided too much crap was going on and my eggo ran and hid for a while? I dunno. Even though I don't NEED to ovulate right now because I'm not trying to catch it, I NEED to ovulate right now so that I don't worry that something's wrong. Does that make sense?

Any thoughts on this?

Dos, is it uribel? I was taking that for pain for the kidney/bladder/pelvic floor dysfunction I have. I still got positive opk even though my pee was blue. Same with the one that turns the pee orange. Your body might be too stressed for o??

DosPinkies

hi ... have you tried warm milk before bed time? soothing music?

in may case, the tww is what's keeping me up, DH is now complaining about my constant tossing and turning...... my mind is working overtime..... to say the least

Welcome to the new faces!

Thanks JCM, what would I do without all you ladies? :)

Sorry to hear about AF, MrsK but at least you're out of limbo. Are you planning to try OPKs this cycle?

lsd, I'd probably go ahead and take another one, see if it's positive tonight! Yay! You know what to do ;)

I am, curiousowl. I ordered some when I got my cheapie tests. I work in taxes, so I'm pretty sure if I don't have opks telling me when to bd, there won't be much action going on in March.

Owl, I do know what to do!! ;-) Took another opk tonight but I didn't do it properly because I think I drank too much water. Will wait and see what happens tm.

Sorry to hear about after mrsk that ducks especially as she made you wait so long and increased the tension of the tww.
Hello to the new faces welcome and I look forward to you guys stressing with us!
Still no solid smiley and I'm on cycle day 13 which is strange because I usually o on cycle 12 or 13 so don't know what is going on. I have 26 day cycle so if I don't of soon then lp will be short. How is there something new to stress about everytime!

Dos, hope you are feeling better, and the new puppy is adorable!
welcome to the new ladies.
Quick update from me, still on vaca.. AF came :( but we are having a good time. going to buy a thermometer when i get home.. but should i wait until the next cycle to start, or can i start a week after AF?

Lots of catching up to do when i get home on Tuesday.

Sorry to hear about AF. I think you can start when you get the thermometer Miskas. As long as you enter your AF days correctly FF should figure it all out. Do you know what CD you normally O? As long as it's not right around when you start temping you should still get crosshairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->