30 yo and TTC #1

Yeah, we may go for it... We'll see, the ladies in the thread about 1st trimester travel all seem to think it won't be a problem, so far. Even if we decide not to avoid April, we'd still have to see whether we're even up for it on ovulation week. It's gonna be nuts.

I'm doing ok. First day sucks, but I had a feeling it was coming. And we had a fun morning, at least. Got up early (yuck) and went to the flea market and then out for breakfast, and in a few hours we're meeting my SIL (and maybe brother and baby nephew?) for a nice walk around the big park that's in between our houses, so that'll be nice. The sun is out and it's warming up a bit finally. I just keep reminding myself, I can take melatonin tonight! I got to drink 3 cups of coffee today! And order runny eggs! I'd rather be pregnant, but hey, enjoy it while you can, right? :coffee:

I really figured it would work, because I've been to New Orleans a bunch of times, and I've never once been able to drink there (most trips were before I turned 21). I'm finally going back, and wouldn't it be typical if I was pregnant and still couldn't drink? Maybe I'll finally get to try one of those obnoxiously giant frozen drinks on Bourbon Street :wine:

I hope y'all don't mind me jumping on this thread. Want to be able to talk with other ladies around my age. I am 30 and I'm scared because I read that fertility starts to decline around this age. This is my first cycle actively ttc (before now my partner and I just didn't use protection and I hoped and prayed that the pull-out method would fail, but no such luck. lol) I'm due for af in four days and am scared to death to test because I'm afraid of the likely disappointment that will result. If any of you have any tips or suggestions, I would love that because I'm super new to this whole ttc thing.

Hi nerdy nice to meet you, think we all worry the same I felt really young until started ttc! Stick around and you'll pick up plenty of tips because between us all we pretty much do everything possible to conceive!

Sorry MrsK :( Stupid AF.

Welcome nerdy! Don't worry too much about the whole 30 thing. All the recent studies show the sharp decline in fertility isn't until much later in your 30's. To hit peak fertility you really have to have babies in your teens and yeah... not so much.

Thanks, Owl. I "celebrated" with a nice rare steak for dinner. Enjoying it while I can. And I got to see my little nephew, that always cheers me up.

Welcome to the club, nerdybird!

Welcome nerdy!

I'm a little bummed about my chart today. FF changed my O day to CD15 which would put me 3dpo instead of 5dpo. It was all because of a low temp on cd15. Well that night was a rough night...I hardly slept at all and I was having major kidney pain that kept me up all night. I wasn't confident about it at all...I had only been sleeping in 30 min intervals. When I went back in and took it out, it readjusted it back to cd13....but I just don't know. Maybe it was the right the 2nd time? My first positive was technically on cd13, so maybe I really didn't O until 15? If that's the case, my BDing was not that well-timed. Ugh...what should I do? Leave it how it is with the missing temp and O on cd13 or put my low temp back in and let it adjust back to O on cd15?

Dos, your chart makes more sense to me if you O'd CD13 but that's a hard one. I might put the temp back in but mark it as discarded so at least you can see it. But if you didn't sleep well I can't imagine it's accurate.

From what I've heard about temping and charting, I'd keep it at CD13. Your weirdo temp probably isn't accurate, and a positive OPK generally means you'll O sometime in the next 12 to 36 hours, and that's assuming you didn't test 12 hours into the surge. It all lines up with CD13, I think.

Hi RforReal: I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. I'll be praying for you and your husband.

Well... it's been tough. I'm still doing the OPK and still no smiley face. I'm due in about 8 days to get AF. I don't know if something's wrong with me, if I'm doing something wrong... =(

This stinks.

Well this sucks! I have been spotting for a few days.. Though well maybe it's implatation bleeding, woke up this am to AF! At 8 dpo??? FF changed my chart to cd 1... What a bummer... I was so thinking this was it. :cry:

Boo, sorry Miskas. That does suck! But hopefully this is just a weird, one time thing that AF showed up so early.

Oh, how annoying, Miskas!

My SIL just asked me if I can babysit my nephew for 7 hours this Saturday. I'm really excited, but a little intimidated. Guess I'm getting a crash course on babies this weekend!

Ah rubbish to hear that miska's hopefully this one will be the one for you.

Added stress at home as dh has decided it's time to move house! We always spoke about doing it a couple of years after the wedding as I guesse we both thought I'd get pregnant right away. Mainly the move would be to a village location rather than close to the city centre and have a nice big back garden but all that's for children and I'm worried that's not going to happen. A bigger mortgage would mean it would be harder to save for ivf if we needed it. Ahhhhhh I wish someone could just tell me if this will happen for us its the not knowing that's killing me!

It's been quiet around here today ladies. How is everyone doing? Miskas, still definitely AF? 8dpo just seems so early!

I'm in the dreaded 2ww trying my best to stay sane and not get my hopes up.
Where's everyone else in their cycle?

Fingers crossed for the all the TWW'ers!! I'm just going to be your cheerleader since I'm at CD39. Again. My chart's starting to look all crazy, like the end of last cycle. I'm hoping for AF soon so I can start Vitex then but if it's another couple weeks and no AF I'm just going to start it anyways. Maybe it's bad for me to be messing with things but I feel like I have to try something. I'm terrified of a third anovulatory cycle.

On the plus side I got a job offer for a position I'm really excited about so I'm starting there in a couple weeks. I can't wait!

Congrats on the job offer, Owl!

I'm on CD5? I think? I'll know once I post and see my ticker ;) Just playing the waiting game, thinking more and more about trying this month despite my determination to take a break.

Hi!! I just caught up! Man, I've been so busy planning my 30th birthday party! So I'm pretty excited for that!
R, I'm so sorry to read all of what you have been going through! I have my appt for IVF stuff on Monday. I was telling the girl there about how I wish I had your insurance. What's your next step now? I had my ultrasound last week to make sure that spot on my hostile uterus wasn't growing or still there. Luckily all turned out ok. Hubbys s/a basically says there's almost no chance of getting pregnant the old fashion way so we are full force into starting IVF ASAP. The doctor said he almost always does ICSI so I think that's what we will do. I'm on cycle day 11 today and I gotta say, it was nice to do it last night without thinking about my ovulation monitor. I'm trying to give it all to god and let him figure it out. It's the hardest thing ever since I'm such a control freak!
Ladders, I'm glad you enjoyed acupuncture and it worked out well for hubby! ; ) I did that twice and the first time I freaked out and couldn't relax. I have about 5 more that I already paid for. I'm thinking it might come in handy during IVF and all of the drugs I will have to take.
I secretly stayed off our page in hopes that I'd come back after the break and see some BFPs!!! Anyone in their tww?

Also, I think dos was asking...my body always takes a couple of days to get a neg opk result after I O. I use the clear blue fertility monitor and after two peak days it stays high for 3. Off to get my hair done for my birthday week! Can't wait for my party with lots of margaritas!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->