30mummyof1 is married!

30mummyof1

Mummy of 3
Reaction score
I still have to pinch myself I am actually gettting married! after years of boring my friends of will he won't he, he actually did propose! :haha: on the 3rd May. This date was completely random so took me by surprise!

We have booked our wedding for the 21st June 2014 in Cotswold's and I can't wait. The theme will be cadbury purple and cream. We will have 1 best man, (oh's LT friend) a toast master ( oh's other LT friend), 1 usher (my friend), 3 bridesmaids ( my best friend, LT friend from school and another from uni) plus 2 page boys (our 2 boys) and 2 flower girls ( 2 friend's daughters who will be 4 and 5).
I have bought my dress, just waiting for it to arrive in the shop so I can try it on again in my size and have it altered accordingly. It will need to be shortened at least as I am only 5ft3!

We designed the cake together, my oh really wanted a square tiered cake where each layer was slightly at an angle if that makes sense and i really wanted a trail of flowers down the side, so can't wait to see the final thing!

The bridesmaids dresses were brought quite early on, as I saw them in Debenhams and they were the right colour purple. :)

The flowers are sorted, they will be cream roses, purple Lisiania's and lilac freesias, with some foliage in between. I thought i wanted pink in my bouquet originally but on second thoughts i changed my mind and decided on purple, lilac and cream.

The invitations have gone out, and we are starting to get replies eek!

I will upload a few pics of themes/designs shortly to show what I am thinking!
:cloud9:

purple-lilac-cream bridesmaid.jpg

This is the plan for the bridesmaids flowers and then mine will be slightly bigger although not much as i don't want the flowers to take over from my dress!

How exciting! :) Congratulations :)

I love the flowers & colour theme! Gorgeous.

We had deep red & cream for our wedding in May last year, but purple was our second choice.

Thanks hun, and I always thought i would have red if i got married!

So just realised i forgot to mention anything about my dress in the opening message, only the most important part of the wedding! :rofl:
Well I thought i found my dress 3 times! The first 'one' was a lace fitted number, that made me look tiny and was very nice. It was the most expensive of the 3 and i loved it until i started thinking do i want a tight lace dress on in late June, could be hot..uncomfortable after a while...so i talked myself out of this dress. Even though 2 of my bridesmaids cried when i put it on and so it did seem like it really should be the one based on what they say...
well then i went and tried some more on in my home town and didn't find anything outstanding although i did like quite a few.
So then on to shop number 4 and i found the 2nd 'one'! This one made myself and my bridesmaid cry (only took 1 with me this time) and i really thought this has to be it....! However it was quite plain so the shop manager talked me into altering it and adding some sparkle. Well that seemed like a brilliant idea and that was the plan until i started looking on the internet for ideas on where i would put the sparkle and then i came across the 3rd and final 'one'. I thought to myself why I am changing a dress when there are already thousands of dresses out there. A stockist for the dress happened to be in my hometown so i phoned them and thought if they have it then maybe its meant to be. Obviously they did and i went and tried it on the following day on my own. I told my oh this is definitely the one and he talked me into going back with at least 1 person and then i could put a deposit down, yay :happydance:
So here it is! :cloud9:

3726-ad_149.jpg

Here is the dress i'd like the 2 flower girls to wear

girls-cadbury-purple-ivory-organza-rosebud-dress-7914-p[ekm]135x160[ekm].jpg

Ooooh. Your dress and flower girls dress are both beautiful! This is gonna be a fantastic day :)

Beautiful dress, you're gonna look stunning! The flower girl dresses are really cute too. I can't wait to send out our invitations and start getting replies xxx

Thanks ladies :)
Yes it's fun getting replies, sent out the evening replies on friday so hopefully we'll start to get some of them back soon. Have given them a later rsvp date though as they won't be eating the wedding breakfast. I want to get on and make the table plan!

My bows arrived today so I can finalise my invitations :) How long before your wedding did you send your invitations out? xxx

I sent day ones out in December and evening ones the other day so about 6 mths before. I wanted to do it before people started planning holidays etc..:)

Have been really busy today wedding planning :wohoo:
Got lots sorted:

Ordered flowergirl dresses, hope i got the sizes right as they were a bit odd. Plus a little bracelet each to say thank you and clip for their hair.
Ordered my tiara, will post a pic in a bit and tried to order veil but don't think the order went through so will chase up tomorrow. I designed it myself on a website and was only £35! seen some that are over a hundred so thought that was pretty good. It's 54inch, with scattered crystals. www.weddingveilsdirect.co.uk
Ordered bits to make the table plan and table name signs after my oh said i wasn't allowed to spend £70 on one already made from ebay(it was framed!) Plus bits to put on the table - bubbles, fortune tellers and trivia boxes.
Yesterday bought confetti cones - now just need to get a big bag of confetti and a basket to hold them.

500x500xwarren-york-wedding-headband-wy4480.jpg.pagespeed.ic.t90fglbT_L.jpg

Didn't want anything too big that would take over from the dress but just a little bit more sparkle!

Oh i can't decide if i want a tiara/headband! I ordered one last weekend and it arrived and it's nice but i don't know. Think it could be uncomfortable all day... Then i found one i liked more on the internet and think it perhaps goes with the dress better but it had been discontinued so cut a long story short found a company who would replicate it for £70 plus pp. However now i'm thinking its quite a lot of money and do i even need one really?
Can you have a veil without a tiara???

ua10-04_side1000_overlay.jpg

This is the i found which perhaps i like more, i don't know!

Sorted out a rough table plan yesterday too. Obviously haven't got all my responses back yet but just a general idea, keeping some people away from other people iykwim! and people with kids closer to the door. Best man on table nearest top table as we're having our boys on there instead. Glad i did it though because i worked out i will need 8 tables, even though they'd fit on 7. 8 will actually work better.

I love the second tiara. I personally prefer having a veil with a tiara. You must decide what you like hun. I paid £65 for mine, I don't think £70 is too expensive.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"