31, CD5 Need a buddy

I do use an opk and compare it to my bbt. When some women chart their bbt, it is really apparent when ovulation occurs etc. For me, not so much, so I purchased opk off of amazon. I get the cheap sticks and frankly, they work fine for me. At least with opk, I get confirmation that ovulation is about to occur.

Good point...it would be nice to know when ovulation happened so we can slow down a bit!

Alspals...yeah, it helps me feel less stressed and at least I know we are having sex around ovulation time. Otherwise it can be too exhausting! lol

I feel it takes some pressure off too. I have that mentality of...well I am doing everything I can to help the process, now it is up to nature rather than worrying if I timed everything correctly.

I think I'm going to do it. My friend is giving me some of her ovulation strips....how do i do it?? certain time of the day or something? I'm clueless!

Ovulation tests they say to do in the afternoon.. I never knew this and assumed it was first thing in the morning like preg test, I did get positives testing then, but not everybody does.
On the other hand some people need to test at 10am and 6pm because their surge isn't very long so once a day isn't enough.. I would suggest temping and use your opks once a day if you don't get a positive opk this month but temping confirms ovulation you'll know next cycle to use 2 opks a day. In the meantime I'd :sex: every other day. To be sure you've covered your days..

Welcome Snowangel, nativetexan, and bubbamaking!

Woolls - I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing vacation!

DH and I are going to try everyday again for the next little while as I am approaching ovulation. I have been considering testing bbt perhaps in the next month, but I am not too sure I want to start that. I feel I am in tune with my body and understand the signs of ovulation, but on the other hand I have been unsuccessful so far.

Any thoughts on it from anyone here?

My opiniion is to temp, BECAUSE.... lol You may feel like you know when ovulation occurs but temping can confirm it actually did occur. For example. When I first started temping and using opks I got my positive opk on CD 16 and assumed thats when ov happened and I was all set, well turns out I ovulated on CD19. And I might add you can have all the signs EWCM, cramping, etc and the smallest thing can delay ovulation.. So it's best to know you've ovulated and temping confirms that. I don't temp all cycle anymore, because my cycles seemed to be pretty regular, so you do have to temp 6 days before ovulation and then need 3 days after ovulation so that it can be confirmed by fertilityfriend.com or whatever and then I stop temping. Sometimes I will temp near the end of my cycle when AF is due and if you see the temp drop below your coverline you're pretty much guaranteed AF will show within a day or two.

I had "ov cramps" last cycle on days 12 & 13 but ov didn't actually happen til cd16, I was reading that sometimes what people think is the egg releasing is the follicle growing and preparing to release the egg,, so maybe you're off by a couple days and not realizing..

On another note, :sex: every other day is probably the best way to try and increase your chances, drink plenty of water and eat healthy.. I would also like to add that when DH & I were talking about TTC bam we were pregnant before really even trying for DD, great right.. Well...... we have been ttc #2 on and off for over a year and still nothing.. Each month there is only like a 20% chance of it happening and thats if the wind is blowing just right.. :haha:

Good luck ladies.. Lets hope this is our month!!

Thanks everyone! We are BD'ing every day this cycle to cover our bases anyways, but I am just curious to try OPK and my friend has a ton that she wants to get rid of (she just got her BFP last weekend). So I figured why not!

How is everyone doing today?

I think if I dont get a BFP this month I will look into temping.

Clandara... I agree that if no BFP this month then I am off to temp!

I temp but it always seem erratic to me! But I will persevere x

Candara- Doing well...can't wait for AF to be over now so we can start ttc again!

My goal with bbt this month is to take it at the same time. I know that is key, but I tend to be within an hour range depending on the day.

So back to work for me tomorrow! Hopefully the stress of going back to work will not throw off my cycle this month. I potentially have a tough year ahead of me, so we shall see!

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!

I also started a gratitude thread. If anyone wants to join in the link is here:
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/721853-gratitude-journal-lets-do-together.html
I was told today that I should write a gratitude list everyday, so I thought about it and decided it might be helpful for all of us to do that since ttc can be stressful in and of itself. So this thread is pretty much dedicated to taking a little bit of time everyday to write a few things you are grateful for. Hope to see some of you there too!

Cd 10 used an opk but obviously not positive :haha: I did have some cramping earlier and I think my cm is starting to transition into ewcm sooooo we will probably start to :sex: every other day if dh cooperates. :haha: he's been a little moody! :rofl:

Thank you snowangel, lysh and alspals! Hope you are having a wonderful day today. I am feeling so much better. I think i was way too overtired yesterday!
Lysh - I hope that your day today is not too stressful. I will definitely check out your gratitude thread....great idea!

I hope you ladies don't mind if I join you too. I think I'm on cd11, which I believe puts me in line with a couple of you, I'm not entirely sure though because my last "AF" was just some spotting, mostly brown but I got a bunch of BFNs, so we decided to keep ttc since I'm not doing anything I can't do when preggo. I don't really think I'm pregnant but everything has been so weird lately.

I'm 27 as is DH, we have a 1 y.o. son and have been trying for #2 since April/May. I started temping nearing the end of last cycle and my temps seem a bit erratic too, but I think I will stick with it for a bit. I can't do opks because I have ovarian cysts and they mess with the results.

Welcome lilfooshfoosh!

Clandara- Glad you are doing well! I know how those overtired moments go! Thanks for checking out the gratitude list, it is nice having a buddy there too!!!! It helped keep me motivated to think of what I was grateful for today.

Good luck Snowangel...have fun making those babies! (Even if dh is a little moody! lol)

How is everyone else doing??

Hi ladies!! I caved today and did an opk...came back neg....do they work all the time or should i not rely on it?

alspals...I am not sure if they have not worked for others. For me, they have always worked. What day of the cycle are you? Ovulation can be finicky. I usually start testing by CD10 because my ovulation days tend to change (sometimes early, sometimes late). Some months an LH surge is indicated on CD10 and other months on CD 13.

I saw on some threads that some women have to test twice a day. After an LH surge, ovulation can occur anywhere from 12-36 hours after. Typically it is 24 hours, but I guess for some women it is sooner or longer. I am sure this is all an estimate anyways since our bodies don't necessarily work by the hour.

Thanks!! I am on CD 9 today so hopefully in the next week I will see a surge, but if not then maybe I missed it!??! Will keep trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->