• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

31, CD5 Need a buddy

Clandara...it's getting close for you!! You def have the willpower to wait! I say that now and just watch me, I'll be a wreck the week before the 23rd!!

Do you guys think we are overdoing it with every day bd'ing?? We are planning on holding strong for another week and then slowing down as next monday is CD 21 for me. Can there be any bad from every day or just keep bd'ing as we want to?!?! :)

How is everyone else holding out? Anyone having a hard time being around good friends who are pregnant??

Alspals, I don't think you are over doing it but then again DH and I have BD'd everyday so far this cycle and we did everyday save 2 last cycle, of course not including when AF is here. As long as you & DH are still enjoying it, I say go for it!

Except for that brief moment I thought my friend was preggo I have been fine. And I think it was only because she doesn't want kids yet that it was upsetting. I spoke to a lovely girl the other day who was 4 days overdue. She asked a lot of questions and I got confirmation about something I have been wondering about, it actually ties in with part of our discussion:

Everyone gets soooo excited (with good reason) and wants to test early and "needs" to know as soon as possible that they are pregnant but then if you find out at 3 weeks (like the woman I spoke to) that means you have a whopping 37 more weeks!! By that point you will be exhausted and just want it to be over. From experience, it is better to wait the extra week or few days until AF is past due and then test. I am not one for surprises but in this instance I think in the long run, the wait at the beginning makes the end slightly more enjoyable. Just some fft.

alspals...right now I get wistful when I am near my pregnant friends/coworkers (believe me, there have been MANY lately!). Maybe that is because I just began ttc. I think if I went months without a BFP, it would be harder.

Lysh, I think it can go either way and it depends on how long you end up ttc. Months is not too bad and I think anyone would probably be a little jealous but mostly still wistful. Its the people who end up going on for longer that can end up a bit bitter. Obviously it's not everyone that is LTTTC, I think it would just be harder to contain at that point, no matter how much of an optimist you are. On the same note, some people are really bitter if it doesn't work the first month. I really don't think either scenario will happen to any of you ladies, we will all get our BFPs this month and move over to first tri together, right!!?!! :flower:

Clandara, Als is right, it's not too far off. We will help you hold off on testing so you don't have to see a dreaded BFN!

J had a docs appointment this morning to get his 1 year vacs. Poor little dude, it is so difficult to stand there and let him get hurt, it breaks my heart. He is napping now.

Glad it sounds like everyone enjoyed the weekend! It's kinda cold here today, very much Fall weather but still nice enough to go for a walk or play in the park, just put a jacket on. Need to do a little shopping this afternoon but that is pretty much all I have on my plate for the day.

Hope everyone is having a good one. :hugs:

I was away from the computer for the weekend and you ladies have been busy in here! Quite a bit to catch up on, but it seems like you all are well, and busy either waiting or BDing, lol.

LilFooshFoosh, thanks for all the info!! It is an excellent point that no matter what, we are waiting, so may as well wait longer to test!! Maybe remind me of this in a few weeks when I'm struggling and wanting to test :)
How is J?? It's cold here too.... surprisingly, but I like it!!

Clandara...how you holding up on not testing??

And ladies, I'm on the same page....let's stay positive and we are all going to get our BFP's this month :)

Clandara- Yes, it is depressing to see a BFN, so maybe Sept. 15th is a good idea!!! We will count down the days with you!!!!

Lilfoosh-You are bd'ing every day too!!?? lol....damn, my hubby and I are behind on all you girls. It can take effort to do it every other day throughout the cycle!

And I love your positivity that we will all get BFPs and then we don't have to worry about how we feel when our friends are pregnant! lol

Sounds like you had a pretty laid back day. I started work again....students seem okay, but it still the 'honeymoon' period!

nativetexan- welcome back! There is a lot to catch up on! How are you doing? Catch us up!

alspals- We will remind you all you need!! :flower:

AF has been gone for a few days now so my DH and I are going to start tonight! Now let's hope I get some energy! lol

I am really liking this positive energy that we are all going to get our BFP's!! It's uplifting me!!
Lysh- you can catch up to us now that AF is gone!!

I still have not gotten a +opk, but I'm not taking it at the same time everyday so that could contribute to the problem and today is only CD 15 so I could still see it in the next 5-6 days or more. For the past 2 days I have been very irritable for very dumb reasons and small cramps, but no + opk, what gives??

Also, do you ladies follow the "pregnancy guidelines" in the TWW or not till you see pink??

Oh...haha. I have cut back on caffeine...I drink maybe only half a cup a day. As far as alcohol, at first I was not going to drink at all, however, I did give in a little bit. I decided that if I get AF I will allow myself a drink every now and then until I am about to ovulate. So pretty much during the tww I am not going to drink at all. I do eat cold cuts and I will probably continue to do so until I get a BFP!

Thanks Lysh for the feedback!! I am pretty much doing the same thing :)

last time I did the same thing. Make sure you get in the things you will miss because it will be 9 months (or more if you are bf) for some things.... like drinking, sushi, anything unpasteurized (including honey), meat cooked more rare than medium, etc...

Thank you for all your support everyone! I hope I can hold out until the 15th!
I am curious to see what will happen this next month...if AF will be late again. It really was unusual to first be late but also to be 5 days late. I can pin point the day it will start normally......i hope i hope i hope that i have a change this month. I have not checked out the pregnancy guidelines - but I did read that we shouldn't eat parsley.....and I eat parsley in quite a few dishes. I heard it brings on menstruation. grrrrrrrrrrr!
I have also read that there are some doctors that say a cup of coffee is okay and some that dont.....that it is best to listen to what your personal doctor says. Toe-MAY-toe/Toe-MA-toe in the end...lol.

nativetexan- welcome back! There is a lot to catch up on! How are you doing? Catch us up!

Thanks! I'm heading into my fertile window now...finally! Seems like the days are dragging, lol. I just keep counting down.

Thanks Clandara!

As for pregnancy guidelines...there are so many things you can't have! When I had a BFP last month with the chemical, I started researching. I knew about caffeine and alcohol...the obvious ones. I had no idea about deli meat and sushi, and cheese!! Anyway, I stopped having caffeine during that time and just decided to keep it up. I keep my drinking to a minimum, but really try to cut it out in the TWW. As for everything else, nothing is off the table until I see the double lines! lol.

Agreed that nothing is off the table until I see pink! I believe in "drink til it's pink"!!

And I have faith we can all wait and then will see our bfp's!!

That's right! I wonder how many in our group might see the BFP by the end of this year! I hope we will for us all.
I didn't know about cheese either. I think my friend ate cheese....but stayed away from processed meats and switched from iced cappuccino's to coffee with some milk and sugar.

lilfoosh....I guess I have more research to do, I had no idea we are not supposed to eat honey when pregnant!

Clandara....parsley? Really? lol I never heard that either!!!! And I hope that all of get a BFP!!! That would just be amazing.

Nativetexan....we are close to the same cycle day...I am on CD 9 now. I am waiting for my fertile period too!!!

Alspals...haha "drink till it's pink" that is funny. Yeah, I have a drink every now and then, just not during the tww and when I am ovulating. I read somewhere it can hinder conception, so I figured that I won't put any odds against myself!

Hi ladies, hope you all had a good day!!
I had no idea about honey or parsley either!!!! I need to look into that!!
I usually will drink lightly and then stop in the TWW too (except maybe one glass of wine sometimes!)
BFP's by the end of the year is an excellent plan!!! Hopefully BFP's this month :)

OK, I am full of questions apparently. As you all know, I just reently started opk's, CD9. I still have not gotten a positive and am on CD16 today. I take them around 6pm everyday except the weekends around 2 or 3 and on Fridays at 10pm or so.Could I have missed it or did I just not ovulate yet??? Confused!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->