31 weeks, painful BH

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
hiya
i'm 31 weeks and today have been getting painful Braxton hicks, usually the pain is at the bottom of my bump, but my whole bump goes rock soiled. his movements are also sending sharp pains across my pelvic area and cervix.
I know its not because of not drinking enough because I have be drinking more the last few days.
this is my 3rd, I had painful ones with my 2nd but not till 33 weeks and they turned out to be contractions which I ended up having for 6 weeks.
is it normal for it to start this early or should I be concerned?

Painful BH can be at any time during the pregnancy, but become increasingly common in the third tri. I've been assured it's nothing to worry about as long as there are no signs you are going into actual labor (regularly-timed contractions of 4 or more per hour, etc.)

Mine aren't painful per say however I have been getting crazy strong BH my bump turns into a rock! with this one (also my 3rd) since around 25 weeks, I've never had this with my other pregnancies.

One of my pregnancy books says that painful BHs are more likely during subsequent pregnancies!

Mine aren't painful but are uncomfortable as like whats said ready my bump goes rock hard. Sometimes tho my lo can give me sharp pains when she moves. If you aren't getting any 'obvious' signs of labour then I would say you're fine.

Some of us are bit unlucky and get painful bh.

With my 3rd they started at 32w.
This is my 4th my first painful session was at 27w.

But bh in general have started around 24w since my 2nd

Ended up calling my maternity ward as was having reduced movements as well, I am now on my second night in hospital, they've said everything with baby is fine they are just keeping an eye on me, my cervix is still long and closed so that's good, no sign of going into early labour, not sure why they are keeping me in a second night

:hugs: I hope everything is ok, I've had this more aswell this pregnancy, I wrote a thread on it too. The reduced movements is worrying so hopefully they're just monitoring you closely

came out yesterday afternoon, they did, I think I had 3 or 4 ctg's while I was there, they have also diagnosed me with SPD and signed me off of work for a week. given painkillers which I can't take if its just me and my boys because of how they make me feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->