32 and TTC #1

Update : Started getting brown discharge. Wasn't expecting a BFP but was hoping to at least have a normal-length cycle without that weird discharge. It usually lasts from 2 to 4 days before AF starts properly, so my cycle length will be 32 to 34 days, which is longer than my average 29 :(

Awww, sorry Fleur! :hugs: I've started spotting too, it's annoying and frustrating. :( I've had some other ladies suggest some stuff that's supposed to help keep you from spotting but I can't remember what it is right now. I'm going to try to find out and I might look into it myself this next cycle, I'll let you know what I find! On a positive note, you got your ticker to work! Yay! :)

That's crazy about your friend and how easily she got pregnant! I'm happy for her, but man, how is it so easy for some and yet so hard for others?

Thanks for the hugs ladies! DH took me out for lunch and I went into the chemist's to buy folic acid, an ovulation kit (yay! didn't know they were available in my country - only 5 strips in a box though) and a pregnancy test for good vibes for next month haha.

Turtle, so many of my friends have worked out their ovulation date, BD'ed right on that day and fallen pregnant. I wish it worked like that for ALL of us. I wonder why I spent all those years preventing pregnancy, I was probably safe :D

And yes, my ticker is working, thanks for the advice :flower:

Awww, sorry Fleur! :hugs: I've started spotting too, it's annoying and frustrating. :( I've had some other ladies suggest some stuff that's supposed to help keep you from spotting but I can't remember what it is right now. I'm going to try to find out and I might look into it myself this next cycle, I'll let you know what I find! On a positive note, you got your ticker to work! Yay! :)

That's crazy about your friend and how easily she got pregnant! I'm happy for her, but man, how is it so easy for some and yet so hard for others?

So irritating to start spotting just when you're TTC. Hope you'll find something to help. It probably won't be available where I live though.

Sorry for the spotting ladies :( Fleur, I'm glad you got your hands on a kit and your lucky test for next cycle

Fleur, that's so crazy that it's worked out so well and so quickly for so many of your friends like that! Lucky ducks! My bff is one of those crazy ones who got a "surprise!" pregnancy. She must be super fertile, I swear. She was terrible about ever remembering to take a pill so she was using something else (I can't remember what but I think it was a diaphragm). Well she messed it up one time and surprise! Thankfully her and her husband (although definitely surprised) were in a place to be able to be happy about a 2nd child, the timing between the two was good, etc. He got a vasectomy after that since she can't really be trusted with it. :haha: Just funny though, how ONE mistake in bc can cause that with some, while others like us try and try, around the "right" times of the month with no protection, and nothing. Ugh!

I'm also glad you got your hands on a kit and your lucky pregnancy test! I agree that it will bring luck to you. :) :)

To any of you ladies using OPKs - do you just test once per day or multiple times? I have some arriving today from amazon and I've read that it's best to not use FMU but I didn't know if I should just test once in the afternoon or twice each day.

I usually test twice per day. Sometimes if I test in the morning and it seems really, really light and from off from O then I won't test again in the afternoon. But once it starts getting darker, I start testing in the morning and the afternoon. I've heard you can miss the surge if you only test once and that around 2pm is the most optimal time to test anyways, so that's why I do that. Good luck! :)

Once per day until I start to see a decent line and then I go to twice.

Fleur, that's so crazy that it's worked out so well and so quickly for so many of your friends like that! Lucky ducks! My bff is one of those crazy ones who got a "surprise!" pregnancy. She must be super fertile, I swear. She was terrible about ever remembering to take a pill so she was using something else (I can't remember what but I think it was a diaphragm). Well she messed it up one time and surprise! Thankfully her and her husband (although definitely surprised) were in a place to be able to be happy about a 2nd child, the timing between the two was good, etc. He got a vasectomy after that since she can't really be trusted with it. :haha: Just funny though, how ONE mistake in bc can cause that with some, while others like us try and try, around the "right" times of the month with no protection, and nothing. Ugh!

I'm also glad you got your hands on a kit and your lucky pregnancy test! I agree that it will bring luck to you. :) :)

I know! A friend had to take pills to help her ovulate when she was TTC with her first husband, and it took her quite a while to fall pregnant. With her 2nd husband she fell pregnant 6 months into their relationship despite having the coil in, and then had another baby just a year after (both unplanned).

I've never used OPKs before but just bought a box, there are only 5 strips in it so I guess I'll test once a day. Need to read up a bit about it !

Thanks ladies! Once a day until the line starts darkening sounds like a great plan.

Fleur - hopefully you can find some cheap ones with more than 5 in a box. I'm not sure the regulations for the country you live in but maybe you can find some online for a decent price.

I'd have to order them from abroad so not worth it with the shipping costs. The 5-strip kit is not very expensive (US $3) so I guess I could buy 2 packs each month. I'll see how it goes with the 5 strips first!
CD 32 today and still waiting. My DH keeps asking me if AF is here :-=

How are your opks going crystl?

Fleur, hopefully AF was a no show

So far negative but there's a line at least. Just on CD12 right now so hoping to see a positive soon.

AF still hadn't arrived so I did a test yesterday and got a BFP. Saw the OB/GYN today, he did a scan and couldn't detect the sac, just a thickened uterus lining (my uterus is retroverted so it can be harder to see anything). Am worried because I'm still getting some brown discharge, he said there's no need for blood tests to check my levels, but to call him if it gets worse. Have got another scan in 2 weeks, I hope everything will be fine.

Thanks for the support on this thread. Best of luck to all of you for a BFP very soon.

Congrats! Hoping this is your BFP! Please keep us posted. Did the doc confirm pregnancy?

Congrats! Hoping this is your BFP! Please keep us posted. Did the doc confirm pregnancy?

Thank you! He said the thickened lining indicates pregnancy but the sac couldn't be seen yet, which could be because it's too early. I'm not allowing myself to get too excited yet, I'll know more in 2 weeks.

Thank you! He said the thickened lining indicates pregnancy but the sac couldn't be seen yet, which could be because it's too early. I'm not allowing myself to get too excited yet, I'll know more in 2 weeks.

Gotcha. Well I'll be here rooting, waiting and hopeful. Please keep me posted!! Planning to test again over the next 2 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->