32 and TTC #1

I got my BFP this morning on a digital! I hope a 33 yr old lady can still stick around with you ladies. I'm so cautiously excited.

Cutie, congrats!!! Yes, please do stick around! Fingers crossed that everything goes great! :)

Hi, ladies! Sorry that AF got you, crystl! :(

I'm doing ok over here, just sitting around 7dpo now. I keep pretty much convincing myself that I actually am pregnant this cycle, only to realize that my "symptoms" aren't really much different than other months. :dohh:

My boobs are pretty sore but apparently that's now a pre-AF thing for me so that doesn't mean anything. And I've been having more light cramping and twinges and...I guess you could say pressure in my abdomen, but I seem to get those a lot. In fact, I've been having them somewhat for about 2 months now! I had some really weird leg pain last night too but I don't see how that could be related. I also am feeling super sensitive and bitchy but that could just be PMS I would guess. Poor DH. I hope that I do get my bfp so at the very least, I can have an excuse for being so mean! Ha! I got some bad news about my grandma yesterday and had a really hard time with it, then took it out on him last night. :( So I wouldn't say I feel out exactly, but I don't really know why these symptoms would be anything other than AF since it's what it's been every month so far anyways. :/

Hi, ladies! Sorry that AF got you, crystl! :(

I'm doing ok over here, just sitting around 7dpo now. I keep pretty much convincing myself that I actually am pregnant this cycle, only to realize that my "symptoms" aren't really much different than other months. :dohh:

My boobs are pretty sore but apparently that's now a pre-AF thing for me so that doesn't mean anything. And I've been having more light cramping and twinges and...I guess you could say pressure in my abdomen, but I seem to get those a lot. In fact, I've been having them somewhat for about 2 months now! I had some really weird leg pain last night too but I don't see how that could be related. I also am feeling super sensitive and bitchy but that could just be PMS I would guess. Poor DH. I hope that I do get my bfp so at the very least, I can have an excuse for being so mean! Ha! I got some bad news about my grandma yesterday and had a really hard time with it, then took it out on him last night. :( So I wouldn't say I feel out exactly, but I don't really know why these symptoms would be anything other than AF since it's what it's been every month so far anyways. :/

Sorry about your grandma Turtle :hugs:

Not that it means anything now but my AF and early pregnancy symptoms were pretty much the same. So don't lose hope yet!

Fleur, thanks! Is your next appointment tomorrow? Good luck, I really hope it goes well! Please keep us posted!

Cutie, how are you feeling?

Congratulations Cutie! That is so exciting!!! Please keep us in the loop with any updates after your first dr visit.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Turtle!! Your symptoms sound promising.

Sekhmet,

I was 30 with my first. I was also 5 years married and experienced 3 miscarriages before it finally happened. As far as sex everyday vs. every other day, I think it definitely depends on your man.

I preferred every other day, and long periods of foreplay because it did two things: 1 - excited me and added to my cervical mucus, which helps a lot in coneption.
2 - excited my partner which allowed for better ejaculation. TMI?

Plus it gets to be mechanical and uninspired when its everyday.

Had another scan yesterday. To my utmost surprise, there is an embryo (3.8 mm with a heartrate of 118 bpm) - I asked the OB/gyn "where did that come from!". He pushed my dates back by 9 days (to 6 weeks 1 day instead of 7 weeks 3 days) and said I probably ovulated late, but I've never ovulated so late before, and I noted the dates we "tried" so it would mean my DH's sperm was just hanging around for 5 days??? My gestational sac is also measuring very large, 38 mm.
So while I'm obviously happy we found an embryo with a heartbeat, I still can't stop stressing about measuring 9 days behind and the large sac.

I got my BFP this morning on a digital! I hope a 33 yr old lady can still stick around with you ladies. I'm so cautiously excited.

Yaaaaaaaaay! You give me hope :flower: So happy for you!!!

Fleur, congrats!!!!! That's such wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!!! Try not to worry about the bean measuring behind just yet...I know that's easier said than done, but hang in there. I know they say sperm can live for up to 5 days, and I know someone in another thread who got pregnant from the same thing, bd'ing 5 days before O day. So it is definitely possible! I'm just so happy for you, I really hope this little one sticks and continues to develop right on schedule! What's your next step, will you be having another scan soon?

Thanks Turtle :flower: I've been reading up online about similar cases and they've not left me feeling very confident, but I guess I just have to hope for the best till the next scan in 2 weeks.

Thanks again for allowing me to vent over here, I hope it's ok since this is a TTC forum and I know you're all hoping for a BFP.

Fleur, of course it's ok to vent in here! We're along for the ride with you, and anxiously awaiting any updates! :hugs: And in the meantime, try to stay away from the internet! Waaaay easier said than done, I know. I can never help it myself. Man, I'm sure 2 weeks feels like so far away! I really hope it goes by quickly for you. How has DH been throughout all of this?

Hello ladies! Been trying to stay off the Internet because I keep Googling and stressing myself out, but thinking of you all and hoping a BFP isn't a long way off now :flower:

Fleur, of course it's ok to vent in here! We're along for the ride with you, and anxiously awaiting any updates! :hugs: And in the meantime, try to stay away from the internet! Waaaay easier said than done, I know. I can never help it myself. Man, I'm sure 2 weeks feels like so far away! I really hope it goes by quickly for you. How has DH been throughout all of this?

Sorry, just seen this message, was posting from my phone last time.

Unfortunately after being given good news two weeks ago, yesterday's scan that the baby stopped growing last week and doesn't have a hearbeat anymore :( Booked in for a D&C tomorrow, the OB/gyn said my sac is big and it'll be very painful if I try the tablets.

I wish that we hadn't had that momentary surge of hope for it to end up like this anyway. Looks like I was right about my dates and the embryo never grew properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->