32 and TTC #1

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! I got the stomach flu on Tuesday and am still battling that, although I'm doing much better today thankfully. So all my world is right now is trying to get over that! I think we'll be kind of out of luck this month timing wise (as DH isn't feeling so hot either and I think I'm supposed to O on Sunday or Monday, so there won't be much bd'ing leading up to it, if any) but hey, what are you going to do? It's disappointing but these things happen!

Cutie, interesting that you seem to be O'ing early! Well, at least you know you should be covered! :haha: Neither DH nor I have the stamina for every day, I don't know how you do it! If we manage to hit a few days in a row (sometimes only even 2!) at least one of us ends up needing a break of at least a day! We've done 4 days in a row successfully a couple of times, but then we REALLY need a break!

Fleur, how are you doing? :)

Turtle, I hate those months but they definitely do happen. If nothing else, it gives your body time to ramp up again!

1st O was a fluke. Got a flashing smiley today and semi-positive and a temp drop, so it looks like it's coming in the next day or 2. I'm thankful we were BD'ing anyway or I would have completely missed it. My DH has way more stamina than me and he encourages me to push through. We've always been very active so I guess it's just nature of the beast but truth be told.. I was ready for a break and almost took a night off last night. Glad I didn't!

Turtle, sounds like you and your DH had a pretty bad week. There's still time till Sunday/Monday, otherwise yeah, it's disappointing to miss out on a month but what can you do. (Totally unrelated but a friend had a baby without any kind of pain relief, by choice, and said that it hurt less than stomach flu :shock:)

cutie, didn't know you could get fake readings! Good thing your DH is persistent and you're both active as you say :lol:

I'm doing better but still in limbo regarding my cycles going back to normal. Did a pregnancy test 3 weeks after the D&C and got a faint BFP. Might test again next week.

Have all the other ladies disappeared from this thread? Hope there were a few BFPs! Or moved on if they're not 32 anymore (which will be my case soon!)?

Yea seems like just the 3 of us are left on this thread. I turned 33 and joined a 33 thread, but I'm still in this one lol. It's hard jumping into a new thread and catching up.

I dont think I got a fake reading persay. Per Dr. Google, the test is just designed to catch a surge and we can have surges throughout the cycle. so my body thought it was time to O, but it wasn't. I'd be lost without taking my temps!

Turtle, Fleur is right... if you can do anything between now and O, you still have a really good chance!

I think most of us on the 33 1/2 board that haven't gotten pg are 34 now, or getting close. I'll be 34 in six and a half weeks. Sometimes it's just a long journey, but we'll get there. :)

I suppose we could join up our threads and call it "By golly, we'll get knocked up before we're 35" :haha:

Glad you got your smiley, and glad you got busy!

I'm only 31 so I guess I have a year and a half left on this thread. It's going to get lonely. Haha!

Haha what's in a number anyway? We're just a bunch of 30 somethings.

The "Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older" thread is a bit more active, and the ladies are very welcoming and supportive if you ever get lonely over here. It's nicer to follow your online buddies' journey from TTC to pregnancy instead of having people leaving for other threads after each birthday :D Plus it's harder joing new threads when you don't "know" anyone there.

Turtle, have you and DH recovered? Did you manage to get in any BDing over the weekend?

cutie, are you in the 2WW?

mrshan and crystlmcd, hope everything's going well for you!

The dreaded waiting game....I swear this is the slowest wait yet.

Hi ladies! It really does seem like there's not many of us left in here. I didn't even think about age being an issue...hell, I was already 33 when I joined this board! I just took the age as more of a generalization than an exact thing...

Anyways, no we didn't manage to get any bd'ing in, unfortunately. This stomach flu was absolutely terrible and I was knocked down until Saturday. He wasn't feeling so hot last week either, but was also feeling better on Saturday. We met up with some friends that night but then he just wasn't really feeling up to it when we got home. I said no biggie, that we could always try the next day (I was thinking I would O on Sunday or Monday). But then Sunday rolls around and guess who finally gets the flu blown stomach flu? Yep, DH is now down for the count (and still is in fact). So, it looks like it just wasn't meant to be this month. And for the first time, I'm not even sure when I O'd or if I even did to tell you the truth. I can always feel it when I do and I got nothing. Then yesterday I finally checked cm again and it's creamy. I thought I felt something on Thursday honestly but brushed it off because I was only on cd10 then, and I figured it was the flu pains. So either a) I missed it already and just didn't feel it for the first time, b) it happened early for me on Thursday and I did feel it after all (which would be better because at least we'd have a small chance with our bd'ing that prior Monday), or c) I still haven't yet and don't seem to be getting close yet for some reason based on cm. Who freaking knows. Oh well, I'll just wait and see when AF arrives! :)

How is everyone else doing? Fleur, how have you been feeling? :)

I like it here and plan to stay. It's a warm and cozy thread lol. What day do you normally o? Cd10 seems early so maybe it hasn't happened yet. Bd a couple times if you can just in case. Plenty of women think they missed it and didn't and ovulation can change. Mine was 5 days early this month. You might get a nice surprise!

I normally O on cd13 or 14, so it wouldn't be THAT early for me, just early in general really. The problem is that we STILL can't bd since DH is still pretty sick. I wouldn't anticipate it until later this week, if even that early. Who knows, maybe being sick threw my body out of whack and I will end up O'ing late this go around, in which case I may not be completely out yet! Otherwise, I'll just hope that I did O early on Thursday as then I'm not totally out either! We'll just see what time brings... :)

I'm not planning on going anywhere either, I like this thread! That's awesome that you're describing it as warm and cozy, but I have to agree! :haha:

I'm going nuts over here during this TWW. I keep thinking the wait should be over soon but then reality hits. Only 5DPO. Boo!

Turtle, what a rotten week! Is your DH feeling better?

Doesn't TTC just feel like an endless wait? Waiting for AF to stop, waiting to ovulate, TWW... I obsess over dates so much and time goes soooooo slowly!

I'm not TTC again yet because nothing's happening, almost 5 weeks since my D&C and no sign of ovulation or AF :( Never looked forward to AF so much.

Have a good weekend everyone!

So sorry for your long wait fleur. Hoping AF shows up for you soon. And you're so right, SO much waiting!

Thanks crystlmcd, I just feel I'll be one of those unfortunate ones whose cycles take months to settle down after a D&C. Trying not to think about it.

Keeping everything crossed for you and cutie, we need some good news here! And a baby Turtle if Turtle's ovulation is kind enough to wait a few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->