32 and TTC #1

Hi, ladies! Hope everyone that's here in the US had a nice holiday! :)

Crystl, sorry that AF arrived. :( I really hope you get your Christmas BFP! :)

Cutie, your chart is looking great! How many dpo are you now?

Fleur, hi! :hi: Any news on your end yet? :)

Sorry AF turned up cutie :( Let's hope you'll be getting a Christmas BFP, that would be really special. (By the way, I don't think I'd be willing to take the supplements anally everyday!)

Turtle, hope you had a nice holiday. I'm not in the US so don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Where are you in your cycle?

Cutie, sorry AF reared her ugly head. :( I really hope this next cycle is the one for you, and that you get your Christmas BFP! :thumbup:

Fleur, I did, thank you! I'm on cd8 now, and getting ready to start EOD bd'ing. Well, we dtd on cd6 too so I guess I technically started it then! ;) Last cycle I O'd really early on cd10 and I think I'm gearing up for an early one again, oddly enough. I had a lot of EWCM earlier today (which I don't normally have much of so I was pretty excited!) so I'm guessing it will be early again this month. Weird, but okay! At least this cycle we're both well and can have a better chance! I'm prepared this time! :haha:

EWCM is a great sign! Yeah looks like you might be gearing up for ovulation. Since you're both well keep going for a few more days just in case :D Hoping that you'll get a BFP just in time for Christmas, good luck!

Thank you! I temped yesterday morning and this morning, yesterday was 97.22 (definitely pre-O) and today was 97.43 (which is right around what my cover line usually was when I was temping before). I really thought I was feeling O pains yesterday so I'm really not sure! I'll temp again tomorrow (and maybe the next few days) to see for sure. Either way, I'm planning on keeping up this (at least) EOD thing for a little longer until I know for sure!

How is everyone else doing?

Fingers crossed for your BFP this cycle turtle. It's CD10 for me today so still about 5 days before I'm expecting O. Getting excited for christmas and going on vacation at the end of the month.

Where are you going on vacation crystlmcd?

CD 14 today and OPK still negative. Not the slightest hint of EWCM (or any kind of CM) like I usually get before ovulation so no idea when I'll ovulate this month (if I do!).

Have a good weekend everyone.

We are going to visit family in oregon. We usually go the week of Christmas but hubby started a new job in November and couldn't get any time off until the 31st so we'll be having a late christmas with them this year. I get a full 2 weeks off work so it will be a nice break.

Sounds nice, you'll be ringing in the new year with them.

So do you all really get only 2 weeks' annual leave in the States? I used to work in France (where you get loads of time off work), and we always used to pity those who live in the USA, rightly or wrongly!

popping back in. Not much to report. Just waiting to O over here and trying to have a relaxed holiday month and cycle!

Hi cutie, good to hear from you :wave: Am also waiting to ovulate but nothing's happening so not feeling optimistic about this month.

Hoping you'll be getting your Christmas BFP !

You too Fleur! I normally O around CD16 or 17. Last month it was CD11 so we'll see. Plan to just BD when we can and pray on it. If it's meant to be, it'll be!

Thanks cutie. I need to take the same approach, if it's meant to be, it'll be. Hard though when I like to plan everything! Sorry to pry but are you BDing regularly on the off chance you ovulate earlier again?
DH wants to BD everyday but I don't want to keep this up if I don't end up ovulating till CD 25 or something crazy (compared to my usual cycles), or worse, not ovulating at all!

Thanks cutie. I need to take the same approach, if it's meant to be, it'll be. Hard though when I like to plan everything! Sorry to pry but are you BDing regularly on the off chance you ovulate earlier again?
DH wants to BD everyday but I don't want to keep this up if I don't end up ovulating till CD 25 or something crazy (compared to my usual cycles), or worse, not ovulating at all!

A bit of both. My DH has the drive of a rabbit and normally spearheads so we BD fairly regular anyway. It's not until I get a close to positive, flashing smiley, or temp drop that I start to really plan out the BD. I completely understand about not wanting to wear out if you O late. That'd be the worst! Are your OPKs showing any signs of being close?

Sounds nice, you'll be ringing in the new year with them.

So do you all really get only 2 weeks' annual leave in the States? I used to work in France (where you get loads of time off work), and we always used to pity those who live in the USA, rightly or wrongly!

It depends on where you work. My company gives quite a bit of time off each year, but it varies depending on how long you've worked there. I've been with my company for 11 years so I get 5 weeks of vacation plus 2 weeks of sick/appointment time.

Fleur, just confirming what Crystl said, it totally depends on the company but we typically don't get nearly as much as in Europe. I was at my last company for 10 years and I got 3 weeks a year (and no sick/personal time on top of it). I'm pretty sure that was the max my company offered regardless of time there, although it might have been 4 max (I can't remember for sure). Either way, 3 weeks felt like a ton to me, as previously 2 weeks had been the max, and I never even got close to using all 3 weeks in a year. Thankfully we were able to carry over unused days to the next year though! How much do you get a year?

A bit of both. My DH has the drive of a rabbit and normally spearheads so we BD fairly regular anyway. It's not until I get a close to positive, flashing smiley, or temp drop that I start to really plan out the BD. I completely understand about not wanting to wear out if you O late. That'd be the worst! Are your OPKs showing any signs of being close?

Sounds like you've got all bases covered :thumbup:

Unfortunately no, yesterday (CD 15) my OPK was still negative and I'm expecting it to be the same today, because I usually get a few days of CM/EWCM before I ovulate. This month I'm drier than a desert.

crystlmcd, 5 weeks + 2 weeks for sick leave is good!

Turtle, I would have used up 2/3 weeks so quickly, can't imagine not getting close to using up 3 weeks!

Don't hate me but in France I was really spoilt where time off is concerned. Legally it's 5 weeks annual leave, my workplace gave 6 weeks + 2 days.
On top of that, since the legal working hours should be 35 hours a week but we did 40 hours a week, we had 2 extra days off a month, which we could use whenever, or ask to be paid for half that time. Our employer "encouraged" us to get paid for as many days as possible instead of taking the time off.

If you added it all up, it came to about 10 weeks off a year :blush: but we could really take 7/8 weeks off. Not all companies are like that though, I was really lucky.

We didn't have a set amount of days for sick leave, you could either take a day off for appointments, or if you were unwell, just not come in to work. For over 3 days of sick leave you had to show a medical certificate. For the first 3 days your employer pays you, after that health insurance takes over.

SO SO spoilt in France!

I don't live in France anymore, now I get 4 weeks off + 15 days sick leave, it doesn't seem like a lot lol.

Wow, France does spoil their employees! Sometimes I find it hard to use all my time off but my company doesn't allow it to be rolled over to the next year so I try to use almost all of it. Usually I end up having a lot if time off in November and December because I have too much time left to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->