32 and TTC #1

Whoooo crosshairs!! I finally got my rise today so I'm in the wait! Ready for my ch so I can relax.

Cutie and Crystl, yay for getting your ch!!! FX for both of you, I agree that we're due for a bfp in this thread! :)

Woohoo, fingers crossed for all of you! Looks like you'll all be testing around the same time. It'd be so cool if all 3 of you got a BFP at the same time.

Turtle, I started OPKs on CD 13. Had a faint line everyday, it got a bit darker on CD20 (but nowhere close to positive), and today (CD22) the line is practically invisible. I don't have anymore OPKs but I can't keep using them forever if I'm not even ovulating.

I've thought about it but how does it work if you have irregular cycles? It will only confirm ovulation after it's over?
Pre-D&C my cycles used to be between 27 and 32 days (also had 26 days, 35 days and 40 days but rarely), and now it's all up in the air.
My friend is coming over from Europe soon so I can ask her to get me a BBT thermometer.

It confirms when it's over and would give you peace of mind that it occurred.

You just sealed the deal lol, I'll order it! My doctor will refuse to get bloodwork or scans done unless I've been trying for a year, so at least I'll have some evidence of ovulation if it happens, or a good reason to insist he does something if it doesn't.

My pharmacist friend said I could also get a saliva ovulation detector but the reviews online don't seem that good?

Thanks for the advice :flower:

I haven't tried the saliva. I used to be completely against temps but I swear it gives me peace of mind about my cycles. Either that something is right or wrong. It can get a little obsessive though but you will get it under control. This month I'm only temping until I get crosshairs and then I'm done until next cycle.

Ideally I'd also prefer to take a more relaxed approach but I'm too obsessed at the moment. As you say, it will give me a clearer idea of what's going on.

I've seen you all mention crosshairs, will need to look up all these terms when I start temping! Hoping you'll get yours soon (whatever they are!) and better yet, hoping you'll announce a Christmas BFP !

When we first started TTC, I said I would never temp because it would be such a hassle. However, I don't get good clear positives on OPKs so I started temping. I found out that it's really not that big of a deal to quickly temp each morning (and I go back to sleep on the weekends so I still get to sleep in) and it's such a relief to know that I'm ovulating.

As far as crosshairs go, that's what FF shows on your chart when O has been confirmed. You'll have a vertical line on O day and a horizontal line as your coverline. You won't get crosshairs until 3 days after O, though.

When we first started TTC, I said I would never temp because it would be such a hassle. However, I don't get good clear positives on OPKs so I started temping. I found out that it's really not that big of a deal to quickly temp each morning (and I go back to sleep on the weekends so I still get to sleep in) and it's such a relief to know that I'm ovulating.

As far as crosshairs go, that's what FF shows on your chart when O has been confirmed. You'll have a vertical line on O day and a horizontal line as your coverline. You won't get crosshairs until 3 days after O, though.

Thanks for the explanation! I'm sure I'll have more questions when I start temping. Good to know that it's not such a hassle doing it.

I suppose you can't use a normal digital thermometer? If I order the BBT one I won't get it before January so I won't be able to start using it on CD1, unless AF isn't yet here by then which isn't impossible with my luck lol.

Normal temperature thermometers aren't as accurate (since they only go to .1 instead of .01) but I'm sure you could use it until you can get your BBT thermometer.

AFM - I had a huge temp drop today so FF took away my crosshairs. So now I'm wondering if my last 3 semi-high temps were just flukes and today is O day. If so then this is going to be a much longer cycle than normal since today is CD20. Oh how I hate the waiting game.

Crystl, that's frustrating about your temps! So sorry! Are you still well covered if your O day is actually today instead? I hope so! :)

Fleur, yay for ordering a bbt! I second what Crystl said about using a regular thermometer, it could at least get you by until the bbt one arrived. Or, I know a lot of women don't start temping even until after AF is over, so you could always wait it out. I didn't have any intentions of temping this cycle so I didn't even start until cd8! And it still worked for me and gave me my crosshairs. :)

Well, we did BD on Saturday so we might still be okay and I'll make sure we get one in today too.

How's your TWW going, Turtle?

OK, I'll use a normal one maybe. At the moment I don't even feel like tracking anything, I used to be able to tell just by EWCM so I hate how it's all changed so quickly.

crystlmcd, you should be covered if you DTD on Saturday and today as well.

I came across this chart while researching saliva and digital ovulation kits (scroll down a bit). Any idea why you would be more likely to fall pregnant 4 days before ovulation than 3 days before?
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/clearblue-fertility-monitor-test-sticks/ID=prod4889-product

I normally don't start temping until after AF has gone.

I hate that temp drop. I hope the drop is the fluke and you o on time. Limbo can be terrible!

So, my temp drop today was a fluke because I put it in my app wrong. I temp when my husband's alarm goes off, write it down and put it in my app later. I was just in the bedroom and happened to look at my notepad and saw that my temp was higher than what I entered in FF (though still a dip). So, now that I've fixed it my crosshairs are back. I was so confused, what a relief!

Great! Hopefully that's an early implantation dip. I was hoping that was the case. I'm really hoping for crosshairs tomorrow.

Your temps are looking great. Hoping you get your crosshairs tomorrow!

Cutie, yay for crosshairs! Wahoo!

Crystl, yay for the temp drop being a fluke, and your crosshairs being back now! That's great news!

Fleur, that's really weird, I have no idea why 4 days before O would be a higher chance than 3 days before O. :shrug: And I find it weird that it says 0% chance the day after O. I know it's much less of a chance, but since the egg lives for 12-24 hours, there is still a chance (depending on when in the day you O, how long it lives, and when on the day after you O that you bd). It's not 0%. That's odd.

My tww is going pretty good, thanks! Honestly, I have myself totally convinced this month that I'm pregnant. Which is a very dangerous place to be, as my hopes are now completely up and I'll be crushed if I'm not. :/ I gave up temping and OPK's the last couple of months but then temped on those few days this month, confirming O date. I think bringing that element back into ttc has now made me go back to crazy mode where I'm completely symptom spotting and totally convinced. If this isn't my month, I need to not temp again next month, as I think it's made me out of control! :haha: FX though that it's just instinct and that I really am! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->