32 and TTC #1

Fleur, I have made the mistake so many times of assuming all tests are the same.

Happy TWW turtle!

They actually lost my bloods lol. I should get results today!

Fleur, don't beat yourself up over it! I'm sure it's okay! Was the test line as dark as the control line last night? If so, since it's getting lighter now, I would guess that was your surge and you will probably be Oing today.

Cutie, I'm anxiously awaiting your results! :D

Fleur, I have made the mistake so many times of assuming all tests are the same.

Happy TWW turtle!

They actually lost my bloods lol. I should get results today!

Haha, I posted at the same time. Geez, that's frustrating!!! All that anxious waiting for nothing! Well good luck, I can't wait to hear what you find out today! :)

Finally got my numbers back! Doubling time of 37 hours so everything seems a-ok

Thanks! Looks like I will be a 34 year old mama. Baby is due the day after my birthday. Sending baby dust to all of you!

We're heading home today. It was so great to see family and relaxing. Unfortunately, I'm leaving 50 degree weather to go home to 3 degree weather. Brrrr.

Yay cutie :happydance: Have you seen a doctor already? When is your first scan?

crystlmcd, glad you had a good vacation. It's about 90 degrees here and some days I almost miss the cold.

Turtle, when will you be testing, next week?

I don't think I really got a surge, my darkest OPK (at midnight after drinking lots of water) was still not as dark as the control line. The OPKs are getting fainter again now, just like last month so I'm not sure I ovulated.

What do you do with your used OPKs? I keep them to compare but it doesn't really work because the lines get darker when I leave them out. I should just throw them away straight after checking the results!

Also, when is the best day to start temping? My BBT thermometer is lying on my bedside table but I haven't used it yet (CD 16 today).

Fleur I'm jealous of your weather. We're in the teens today :( my first ultrasound is next Thursday! I can't wait!

Start temps after your cycle ends,some say cd1 but I never did. If you haven't started yet, go ahead and start. You need a few days of temps before o in order to confirm it.

Don't be too jealous, we've been alternating between very high temperatures and thunderstorms/rain.

How nice that you're having an early scan, only a week to go!

I'll try taking my temps just to get used to doing it and do it properly next month.

Hi ladies! I'm new to this and have been stalking this thread for two days. I must say I'm loving all the positivity!

Currently 7dpo and driving myself crazy and it's great to see I'm not alone.

Fleur, I'm happy to help you with your temps when you're ready.

welcome 2b4us. Love your profile pic. Those were my favorite books! my journal title is inspired by it. I'm little miss wishy washy lol

Ha! I've actually been little miss scatterbrains lately. Btw, congrats on your BFP! I've been trying to temp, but I'm a bit of a restless sleeper, so I worry as to how accurate my temperatures are. I'm giving up on opks...how on earth does anybody hold their pee that long???

Aww thanks cutie, that is sweet of you! I'll take you up on the offer.

Welcome2b4us! I don't have trouble holding my pee for hours but it's hard not to drink at all for 4 hours when it's about 90 degrees outside!

So I got a glaring positive OPK today on CD 17, for the first time ever. However for the past 4 days or so I'd been having dark test lines, almost as dark or as dark as the control line (last night at 11.30 p.m despite drinking a lot before). Is that normal?

So, I decided to take my temp today because my boobs aren't sore (and they usually are after o) and it was below my normal post-o temps. So, either I had a temp dip today or I haven't O'd yet this cycle. Guess I'll temp again this weekend to see if it goes up.

Fleur, some women do get multiple days of close to positive OPKs before finally getting a true positive. Good luck!

Cutie, that's awesome that baby is due the day after your birthday! Maybe (s)he will come a couple of days early and you'll be a 33 year old mama after all...not that it matters at all! :haha: Yay for your first scan next week! How exciting! I can't wait to see pics. :)

Crystl, so glad to hear you had a nice vacation! I hope you're adjusting well to life back in the normal world. I always feel like I need a vacation from a vacation! That's really weird and frustrating on your temp being so low this morning! I wonder what's up with that? I hope it was just a dip today and doesn't mean you haven't O'd! :shrug:

Fleur, I must say, I'm pretty jealous of your weather right now too! It's unbearably cold here as well, it sucks! Brrr!!! Oh, and I just throw away my used opk's. I'd never really thought about saving them to compare! So wait, your opk's have been super, glaringly positive for the last 4 days?! Wow!!! I don't know why they would be positive for so long, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. They do say to stop testing once you get your first positive but I just can't do that! (when I'm using them that is) So I don't blame you for continuing to test! Are you getting in plenty of bd'ing, so should you be covered regardless of which day it actually ends up being? Good luck!!!

2b4us, hi and welcome! :hi: These boards really are wonderful, they've helped me so much while ttc! Both with useful information and (most of all), support! Glad to have you with us. I also have a January testing thread going if you'd like to join, seeing as how you're almost to that point! I can post the link for you if so! :) Oh, I have a terrible time holding my pee long enough for an opk so I don't blame you there. Of course, I do have to pee every 5 minutes so that's to be expected from me! :haha: I'm a pretty restless sleeper too (and a mouth breather at that!) so I was pretty worried about temping as well. Somehow though, it seemed to work out just fine for me. I've given it up for the most part though...it tends to contribute to my craziness!

Thanks Turtle! Would love to check out the testing thread! lol crystl! I've also noticed the last two days my temps have been decreasing. I hope they pop back up. Chchchchilly here today...if my conversions are correct if feels like -12 F outside. Maybe that's why my BBT is down... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->