32 and TTC #1

Fleur, how many dpo?

Turtle, my hope would be that your already pregnant but it sounds like your doctor has a good plan laid out.

Afm, pretty smooth sailing. All day nausea but no puking yet. My bbs are insanely sore and my cravings and appetite is through the roof. I'm have my first ultrasound in two days. I'm so excited about that!

Turtle, I never realized we are neighbors! :dohh: I live in Nebraska. It's FREEZING here! I do hope you end up getting your BFP this month so you won't have a need for the HSG but glad your doctor is being proactive.

Cutie, so excited for you to have your first scan! I hope everything continues to go well for you.

Turtle, sounds like some real positive steps in the right direction. :thumbup:

Glad to hear things are going good for you cutieq! Craving anything out of the norm yet?

Afm, one sighting of spotting this afternoon (tongue twister!). Symptoms are typical of Af... bloating, sore bbs and pepperoni face. I've been unusually pleasant too...not sure what's happened to the pyscho wench that usually likes to pop in. The Mr. probably isn't complaining. :winkwink:

Turtle, sounds like some real positive steps in the right direction. :thumbup:

Glad to hear things are going good for you cutieq! Craving anything out of the norm yet?

Afm, one sighting of spotting this afternoon (tongue twister!). Symptoms are typical of Af... bloating, sore bbs and pepperoni face. I've been unusually pleasant too...not sure what's happened to the pyscho wench that usually likes to pop in. The Mr. probably isn't complaining. :winkwink:

craving foods mainly but always hot things - like burger, pasta, soup lol. But then I stare at the menu and want none of it. Otherwise, it's been smooth sailing so far!

When is AF due?

Cyrstl, yeah! We are neighbors, how cool! :) It's been soooo cold here too! I've been hearing that it's supposed to start warming back up again soon though, here's hoping!

Cutie, glad to hear everything is going well on your end!

2b, sorry that it's looking like AF is around the corner. :( You never know though, some women don't feel any differently at all the month they get their bfp. Good luck, I really hope this is it for you! :)

It's supposed to be 50 tomorrow through Monday here. Time to break out the shorts!

I live on a small island so the closest beach is only half an hour away but I’m not a beach person AT ALL! With the cyclone the weather has been horrid, very windy and rainy, we’re not having a good summer so far.

24bus, so funny what you said about being unusually pleasant :haha: Hope AF stays away! PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are pretty much the same for some women.

Turtle, I do hope you’re already pregnant but it sounds like you’ve got a great doctor. It must be rather daunting having to undergo all these tests but hey, anything for some answers and a baby! What will happen with your February procedure if you’re pregnant before then? Hope it’s nothing serious.

cutie, good to hear you’re having an easy pregnancy so far. Only a few hours till the day of your ultrasound (almost midnight here already)! Let us know how it goes.

Crystlmcd, woohoo, 50 degrees lol. Good luck for the 2WW, fingers crossed for you.

AFM : I’m technically in the 2WW now IF I ovulated but I didn’t temp so can’t confirm it. Got a +ve OPK on CD17 and DTD on CD 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20, we were worn out by the end and didn’t manage CD 21. Today is CD 22 so I don’t know whether I should get a last attempt in. I believe my body is still recovering from the D&C so I’m not banking on this month.

Whoa Fleur, you're a love making machine!!! Let's hope for some positive results! Where is home if you don't mind me asking?

Ha ha, I'm going to get good at my temperature conversions pretty soon! Had to run to the outside thermometer to see what 50 Fahrenheit was in Celsius.

A little more spotting today. Temperature took a big dip this am. Ovia and Fertility Friend have me down for period start tomorrow. In the last 4 months my cycle has been anywhere from 25-30 days.

Hi ladies! I'm new here and have just read most of this thread. Great to know there are many other ladies in similar situations. I'm 32 and just now ttc #1! I have a history of health issues and also depo and irregular menstrual cycles but have gotten almost everything back on track. Cycles are still not perfect (25-28days) an I'm not sure yet if and when I ovulate. The Opks are confusing so I'm going to try charting although I do pay attention to my body's other hints like cm and high sex drive. This is really the first cycle I'll be trying and it will be at the end of the month!
Positive thoughts to everyone. :)

Let me reassure you ladies, this is not my usual BDing schedule, only shows how desperate I am :haha! Told DH I'm done till next month's attempt. When I got my BFP, BDing almost every day from CD 10 to 20 worked for me so I was willing to give it another try but I won't be able to keep this up month after month, even DH had to be encouraged some days lol.

2b4us, home is Mauritius, a small island in the Indian Ocean. We also use Celsius here, Farenheit doesn't make sense to me and I have to use an online converter to understand.
Is it possible to get a BFP if you have a big temp dip? Which CD are you today?

Welcome Xokittycatxo! Glad to hear you've managed to fix almost all your health issues and are now able to TTC. I've found OPKs quite easy to use (although they can't confirm ovulation) because I can't rely on my CM anymore. 25-28 days cycles aren't really irregular, good luck to you! :dust:

Newbie here as well, and I'd love to join in on this thread too! I'm 33, DH is 37, and we're just starting TTC #1 as well. I'm at the end of cycle#1 and just waiting for AF to show now. Fairly certain she will!

I don't have a particular history with health issues, but pretty much everyone I know has had more problems getting pregnant than they expected, which makes me a little cautious about this whole process. I've just been trying to temper the excitement and anticipation in case I'll be in this process for the long haul. That's easier said than done during the TWW though, isn't it?! There was actually a moment last week where I thought "OH! I JUST FARTED! I'M BLOATED SO I MUST BE PREGNANT!" which is a crazy thing to think! But I'm looking very much forward to the day where it's actually true. :wacko:

Haha, Katie! We've all been there. "Haven't pooped today so I MUST be constipated which MUST mean I'm pregnant!" We've been at it since April but I would say it took my body about 6 months to get back to normal after being on BC for over 12 years. Hopefully it doesn't take you too long to get your BFP!

Also, welcome Xokittycatxo. I've stopped using OPKs because I never got a good solid positive on them but they work well for lots of other people. I started temping a few months ago and I really love knowing exactly when I ovulated (though it doesn't predict ovulation). After temping a few months, I have a good idea of when I ovulate so we can BD accordingly. Good luck to you!

Welcome Katie. Totally get you on the symptom spotting, during the 2WW I can view just ANYTHING as a symptom. I was also convinced it would take me a long time to fall pregnant but I was very lucky and got a BFP after 2 months, although I lost the baby. Hope your stay in TTC will be short and sweet ! :dust:

Cyrstl, it's 45 here today! And tomorrow through the weekend it's supposed to be around 50. I didn't realize it would be warming up so soon, I'm so happy! :)

Fleur, sounds like you're not living in the ideal place for you if you're not a beach person! :haha: Trade you? :winkwink: It's so weird to me to think of it being summer in January! :) Oh no, nothing serious on the procedure and no big deal if I'm pregnant and have to cancel it. Or at least, I say that...my Dr might disagree. :haha: Seriously though, it's just a colonoscopy because of my Crohn's Disease. I'm supposed to have one every 3 years and that time has come around again. Wow, I agree on your bd'ing schedule...impressive for sure!!! I think your chances are sounding great this month! FX!!!

2b4us, how are you doing? Any more signs of AF yet? I sure hope she's staying away! :hugs:

xokitty, hi and welcome! Impressive that you read the thread! :haha: I'm glad to hear you've gotten your health issues sorted out. I agree that 25-28 day cycles really aren't too irregular, that's great! Good luck! :)

Also, hi and welcome to you too, Katie! Haha, you cracked me up with the symptom spotting! Like Crystl said, I think we've ALL been there. I know I certainly have! Every single little thing can have me convinced. I try SO.HARD not to symptom spot anymore (which is why I stopped temping and using opk's, they make it worse for me), but the smallest thing can get me. Such as I have a cold right now; apparently women often get sick when first pregnant as your immune system weakens so as not to fight off the baby. So I keep thinking "Oh! I have a cold, I MUST be pregnant!" Totally disregarding the fact that it's the MIDDLE OF WINTER and it's been freezing here, or the fact that my whole family has the same cold. :dohh:

Cutie, I second Fleur, good luck on your scan! Be sure to let us know how it goes! :)

Gonna pop back in and catch up when I get on my computer. Just wanted to update that the scan went great. The doctor said everything measured perfectly and we were able to see a heartbeat.

Cutie, that's great news! So happy to hear that, congrats!!!

Good news, cutie!

Turtle, it is beautiful here! I hope it stays warm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->