32 and TTC #1

I normally only spot the night before AF starts. Usually she sticks around 5-6 days so it should be stopping soon unless it's going to be extra long.

We have a late christmas party for my hubby's work tomorrow night. He's only been there 3 months and he's quite shy so he doesn't really want to go but I think it will he fun. Hope you all have a good weekend!

OK, hope it's just a lighter than usual AF and that it will stop soon.

Have fun at the party, at least you'll be there to support your DH if he's shy!

Hi, ladies! Hope everyone is having a nice Friday so far! Yay for the weekend!

Crystl, I hope you have fun at your husband's work party tonight! And I hope your AF sorts itself out soon. It's super frustrating when our bodies don't act as they should. :/

Fleur, I echo the other ladies that O can definitely be the same day as a +opk. Sorry that AF got you. :( But I do hope that temping this cycle can give you some good insight, and that you're able to get your hands on some Pre-Seed pretty easily! Haha, was that an awkward conversation to have with your ex?!

2b, how are you doing over there? :)

Any fun plans for the weekend? I have book club tonight, then just a getting together with a couple different sets of friends this weekend. Busy, but fun! I'm looking forward to it all. :)

Blanket and Netflix weekend for me. I don't plan to remove my pjs for 48 hours lol.

Fleur, can we ship preseed to you? I'm happy to help!

Crystl, the holiday party sounds fun. I'm the shy one in my marriage so I'm always glad when my hubs comes along.

Ha ha, sounds like a great weekend cutieq! Anything specific you been watching on Netflix? That sucks about the migraines... are you able to take anything for them when you're pregnant?

A fun filled weekend for sure Turtle! Enjoy! What book are you reading right now?

How much do you gals pay for Preseed in the States?

Have a great time at the party crystalmcd!

Fleur, I really don't remember spotting until we started ttc as well. I had the crazy notion for a wee bit that maybe my body was having a strange reaction to sperm... Lol! Or it was my prenatal vitamin or perimenopause :wacko:

Finally finished spotting two days ago. Gearing up for O now. Nothing too exciting here. Enjoying some unusually warm weather... we had a hot dog and marshmallow roast in the back yard tonight after building a snowman O:)

2b4, we're on season 5 of dexter and loving it! I can take Tylenol while pregnant but it was no match for these hormones. I ended up using an essential oil, doterra deep blue and it worked like a charm!

Your hot dog and marshmallow roast sounds amazing. I'm so ready for it to warm up here so hubs can get back on the grill!

crystlmcd, how was the party? I'm also the shy one like cutie so I love it when DH accompanies me, he's really gregarious!

cutie, that is just SO sweet of you to offer to ship preseed to me :flower: Unfortunately the shipping costs would be more than the actual product, so I'll order it from the UK and my cousin will bring it over. Thanks so much !

Turtle, your weekend sounds busy and fun. I'm a big reader but have never been to a book club. My ex knows I'm TTC and I ordered my prenatal vitamins etc from him (my sis was picking up other stuff from his pharmacy), so I suppose nothing surprises him anymore! I've known him since I was 14 (my first love hehe) and we still text sometimes although we don't meet up.

2b4us, somehow I can't imagine having an outside roast while the snow is still lying around. Is it melting already?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets crazy notions! When I started spotting, I actually told my doctor to test my levels because I was going through perimenopause (and that was before TTC). I also found something online which says your body needs to get used to your DH's sperm before, otherwise it treats it as a hostile element or something. We were using condoms prior to TTC so I convinced myself that is why I miscarried.

Well ladies, I temped for the first time and I don't think it's going to work out for me! Before I went to bed I psyched myself up about how I have to do it as soon as I'm awake... So I go to bed around midnight, wake up and pop the thermometer straight into my mouth, THEN I check the time : 1.50 a.m! Temp was 36.75 degrees Celsius / 98.15 Farenheit. Went back to sleep, woke up again and same thing, popped the thermometer into my mouth without even opening my eyes and checked the time after that : 5.19 a.m! Temp 36.05 degrees Celsius / 96.89 Farenheit. Isn't that low? I sleep with my mouth open. I didn't temp again when I woke up for real at around 9 a.m. Does it have to be at the same time every day?

Fleur, all tempers would probably stone me for this response. During the week, I normally temp'd around the same time but it wasn't consistent. I tried to stay within a 1-2 hour but mainly I tried to make sure I temp'd after getting 5 hours of sleep. There was one night I went to bed at 6 am, took my temp at 11. There are also temp adjusters online that will switch the time for you. I think it's a good "guide" to confirm O so you should at least see a shift from lower to higher overall. It doesn't have to be perfect but could give you a good gauge.

I agree with cutie. I temp the same time most days but sometimes it doesn't work out to be exactly the same time so I've used an online adjuster. Also when I was temping orally, some of my temps were in the 96s (F) so I don't think it's too low.

AFM, spotting stopped overnight friday so I'm guessing it was just a very light AF. DH was googling when I told him I was mostly just spotting the whole time so he's convinced I could be preggo and keeps asking me to test. I will probably take one in the morning just to appease him but I know it will be negative.

The christmas party was a lot of fun, even DH really enjoyed himself and said he's glad we went. They had craps and blackjack and gave us $2000 of fake money to play (in exchange for tickets in a raffle). I've never played craps before but it was fun and we ended up with 2 gift cards at the end of the night.

How was everyone else's weekend?

Thanks, I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning / this month. I think I was so stressed about doing it right that subconsciously I kept waking myself up. Same thing happens before I have to catch a flight, I keep waking up in case I don't hear the alarm.

Any advice for sites having this temp adjustment option? Or just fertilityfriend will do?

I can't remember the URL but google bbt temp adjuster and one is sure to pop up. You put in your normal time and the time you actually temp'd and it shifts. I can't tell you how many times I've popped up and temp'd at like 3 am not realizing what time it was. Ideally you want same time, good sleep etc but that's not realistic and that's what I think makes it stressful. Trying to stick to the rules.

Crystl, I would love for you to get a surprise BFP. I've never played craps but watched the last time I was in Vegas and it seemed fun.

I held true to my couch and netflix weekend. Even streamed church this morning. I'm normally pretty active and productive so all this couch time is killing me. But I have to listen to my body and if it's tired, I've gotta relax. We're going to a birthday dinner and comedy show next weekend so I won't have 2 down weekends in a row.

Hey crystlmcd, sorry, your message wasn't here when I replied to cutie! Thanks for the advice.
Glad you both enjoyed the party, AND you got gift cards.
It would be so fab if you got a BFP tomorrow, I've got everything crossed for you !

cutie, thanks, I'll temp for a few days so I can have an idea of what my normal time is, and then adjust today's temp. I usually don't wake up during the night.
I love an indoors weekend from time to time. You should definitely listen to your body; you're not being lazy - you're growing a babyyyy :happydance:

I've had a pretty busy weekend, gym, seeing relatives, out for dinner with friends, and today got a haircut, went to my friend's little boy's birthday party, now at my parents'.

crystlmcd, good luck for testing today, I really hope it will be good news!

I went to bed at around 1.30 a.m (stayed up late reading). DH woke up at 5.45 a.m to pee, so I checked my temp then but I asked him exactly how did he expect me to temp properly if I don’t get 5 hours of continuous sleep. I’ve now forbidden him from peeing again during the night :haha:

Tested this morning and BFN as expected. It appears our house has come down with the flu. DH was up 3 times during the night. Yuck!

OMG the flu has been terrible this year!!

Hello! I'm back! Fully marinated with red wine and all set for TTC Cycle 2. I am NOT all set for tomorrow's impending blizzard. :cold:

Beware the flu. Absolutely everyone on my plane last night was hacking up a lung. Yay for recycled air.

Good luck with the snow, Katie. Normally we get a bunch of snow so I was checking our weather when I heard about the big storm but looks like it's not heading our way, thank goodness.

Sorry for the BFN crystlmcd. So you did have a very weird AF.

Good luck with the flu and the snow ladies, hope it won't be too bad.

cutie, I wanted to say thanks for sticking around here and supporting us even though you've got your BFP. On other threads I'm on lots of ladies just disappear as soon as they're pregnant... I know they don't need TTC support anymore though, so I suppose they don't feel they belong.

Seems like the snow was less than expected. I hope everyone that stayed warm!

Thank you ladies for not kicking me out! I don't like making new friends and I kinda like being around my own kind. To be honest, sometimes I want to scream at 21 year old you have time!!! Hope that didn't offend anyone but there's a different level of understanding as our ages increase.

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! I try replying to other threads sometimes, especially those which don't have many replies, but I avoid the "I'm 20 and I can't wait to have a baby" ones :blush: It's really mean of me but I don't see what advice I can give (except wait a few years lol). Having said that, I do wish I had started earlier so maybe they're right to start so early, who knows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->