32 and TTC #1

Fleur, I wouldn't worry about your temp jump this morning. .29 is a pretty big jump but most people have ups and downs in their temps throughout the cycle. If I were you, I would try to temp around the same time each day (give or take 20-30 minutes) so you can get a good feel for your temps and cycle. But it's your first month so don't get too stressed about it :)

Katie, glad you made it through the snow. We're supposed to get 3-6 inches on saturday. Nothing compared to what you got but I'd prefer 0 inches.

Hi ladies. I got my blood work back today, everything looks good except my FSH level; it's high, which isn't good. Not super high, but high. Indicative of decreased ovarian function. I'm going in tomorrow to have my AMH levels tested as well. It's looking like we probably won't be being pregnant without some sort of assistance, if even then (that's me being a Debbie Downer but I can't help it). I'm pretty upset today.

Katie, I tell DH that we weren't ready back then. Not saying we needed to wait as long as we have but I think all things work according to plan, even if a bit delayed. I now question a #2 because of age, but we'll see.

Fleur, can you add a link to your chart? I'd like to stalk it please lol. Crystl, is pretty spot on, it can fluctuate a bit.

2b4us, we started Dexter over the Christmas holidays. How festive right? It's been the perfect excuse to come home and plop on the couch. I need to find a new series for 2nd trimester lol

Cutie, I nominate the walking dead, bones or house if you haven't seen those. Love all those shows.

Turtle, sorry to hear about your high numbers but hoping you get better results on your next test. I'm still holding out high hopes for you!

Turtle, I missed your post. I know those kinda results always send us into a downward thinking and rightfully so. Hang in there. Try not to get upset until you know the outcome for sure. Our minds can drive us insane.

Crystl, I LOVE Walking Dead. Haven't tried out the other two though.

I haven't watched Dexter yet. My BIL was a HUGE fan and kept trying to get us to watch it but we kept putting it off. Then he was really disappointed in the finale so we haven't watched it yet. Though, sometimes we like shows/movies/endings that he doesn't so it may be good all the way to the end.

Hugs Turtle... I hope your testing goes well tomorrow. How soon will you have the results from this test?

Turtle, that must have been a shock to hear :hugs: I hope your AMH levels are good. I know you’re upset at the moment, but if you need to go down the assistance route, it will only improve your chances, so don’t give up. You WILL have a baby.

Katie, what you said about your DH is so beautiful. I also wish I’d started earlier but it wouldn’t have been with DH, so no regrets there. He’s 6 years younger than me so I wanted us to be properly settled first. Actually he was ready to TTC well before I was!

crystlmcd, I usually don’t get up at all during the night till my alarm goes off so the temping must be stressing me subconsciously. Had set the alarm for 8 am today but woke up at 6 am today (and temped then). Was surprised to see a big dip in temp, I was expecting it to go up because I got my braces tightened yesterday (so sore!) and was feeling a bit feverish. I’m still enjoying watching the line go up and down though :haha:

cutie, how do I add a link to my chart?

I’m planning to catch up on lots of shows while I’m on maternity leave some day (before the baby’s born lol), have heard that Dexter is fab.

A friend who’s my age (born the same day!) fell pregnant “by accident” and is due in April, 2 months after her 33rd birthday. We have a group on Facebook, and were chatting about babies etc. This friend said “Oh, I’m only starting at 33, my chances for a second baby will be really low”. I wanted to slap her (virtually), not just for me, but she’s the only the second one out of a group of 10 friends who’s having a baby. One friend hasn’t even been in a serious relationship for years, and I know she gets really depressed when she thinks about all this. I wish people were a bit more sensitive.

DH and I have almost been married for two years. It wasn't until early this year that I finally got his agreement to start ttc. I entered into our married knowing he wasn't sure about having anymore kids. He's got a 13 son from a relationship where "whoops, we've only been dating for two months and we're pregnant". I know he loves his son, but I think his first child rearing experience wasnt exactly to plan and I believe he was fearful about having more.

Not sure what's up with my BBT. I really thought I would have had an significant temp increase by now. My chart is looking a little rocky...things seem a little delayed compared to the last two months.

We're digging Weeds right now on Netflix. I'd give the thumbs up for Breaking Bad as well.

Good choice 2b, how could I forget breaking bad?! I loved that show. Hopefully better call Saul is good. We'll just have to wait and see.

Love weeds and breaking bad!

Fleur, there should be a share your chart feature in ff and you add the link in your signature just like you would a regular link or image.

2b4us, it's good that DH changed his mind about having another baby. It's quite understandable that his first experience scared him off.

cutie, I've managed to add the link to my sig but can't see a pic of the chart (I've never tried adding a pic). My temps are in degrees Celsius though, don't know if they'll make sense to you.

Turtle, hope you're feeling more positive today. Any updates?

Yippeeee! It's the weekend! I only have to get through 8 hrs of boring work... I really haven't got a whole lot to do today. I'm so looking forward to a little sleep in tomorrow am :thumbup:

Finally, a chart I can understand.... thanks Fleur! Ha, ha! I'm glad DH changed his mind as well. We decided though that if it comes down to any serious assisted help in this baby making process we probably won't pursue it. I personally don't think I could handle the commitment and stress of IVF. At that point I'd settle for a puppy :)

Cutieq enjoy your eventful weekend! I hope everybody else has a good one as well!

Temp took a good dip this morning. Really hoping it'll jump tomorrow. I Od the last two months on day 13, now it's day 16 and I still haven't been able to confirm O. Not good considering my period has come as early as day 25. lol, I need a break from BDing! I wouldn't have started so early if I knew O was going to be tardy :dohh:

Turtle: I hope your testing went better than you feared! I think it's pretty safe to say that most of us 30-somethings worry about our bodies' ability to naturally do this whole thing. But we're pretty lucky that these IS some help out there just in case! Fx that you get the answers you need and a plan to more forward! :dust:

cutie, I’ll turn to you if I have any chart analysis to do hehe. I’m going to fiddle around to try and get the little picture of the chart.

crystlmcd, are you close to ovulation?

2b4us, just had a look at your chart after reading your comment. Degrees Celsius, yay! I wish people used the same unit everywhere. Same goes for length and weight! I know what you mean about starting BDing too early. I used to ovulate around CD 14/15, so each time I start BDing on CD 10 but didn’t get a positive OPK till CD17 last month, I was tired out already by then! Are you doing OPKs also? Hope you’ll confirm ovulation soon.

Turtle, Katie is right, once you reach a certain age you do worry but nowadays there ARE ways to help, even if it takes a little longer than others :hugs:

Katie, how are you doing? Where are you in your cycle now?

What are your plans for the weekend? Tomorrow I’m going to the gym and shopping with DH, and on Sunday we’re having a family day out. Have a great weekend everyone!

I've been ovulating CD15 - 16 so I've still got a few days.

I posted some instructions on putting the image of your chart in your signature a few pages back if that helps, fleur.

We have to take our car in the get looked at tomorrow. At least that will give us an excuse to go do some shopping while we wait (our car dealership is about an hour away near a big city). Sunday we'll be watching the superbowl. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Thanks crystlmcd, I copied the link from your message and changed my "number".

Enjoy the Superbowl those who are watching (I'm guessing most of America??).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->