32 and TTC #1

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! I try replying to other threads sometimes, especially those which don't have many replies, but I avoid the "I'm 20 and I can't wait to have a baby" ones :blush: It's really mean of me but I don't see what advice I can give (except wait a few years lol). Having said that, I do wish I had started earlier so maybe they're right to start so early, who knows!

agree! But you can't help but feel like, "you're too close to giving up. at least you still have eggs!" :haha:

I was in one and we've been talking for awhile and somehow age came out and I was like ooooh snap, I'm the only one over 30?!

Nope, not giving up!

Know what you mean about the age thing... I'm in a TTC after loss group, and I'm the only one over 30 trying for her first baby. The others are either around 25, or about my age and TTC their 2nd/3rd.

I've just signed up to Fertility Friend and I'm having fun inputting my data. One more "tool" in my TTC kit!

Fleur, you will be so thankful. That ended up being my sanity. I could go back and look and say ok I had that last month or OH this is new!

I've got a fertility tracker on my phone so I obsess over each and every symptom, compare everything from month to month, so this is only going to fuel my obsession, what with the temps and everything :haha:

How is the temping going fleur? I apparently got a fever from this bug I have because my temp was crazy high this morning.

Agree with fleur, so glad you're sticking around cutie. I'm truly excited to hear about your pregnancy as you go along.

About young people on the threads, there was this one thread where this girl posted she was scared she was pregnant and wasn't ready to be. She was 15 and was using mirena, I think. Everyone was being supportive and trying to answer her questions. Next month comes around and she's back talking about how excited she is to test, etc. It's like what in the world?! You're 15 and know you shouldn't be having babies yet but every month you think you're pregnant? Crazy people.

Thanks cutie, I like feeling I'm being proactive about TTC. Fingers crossed now.

crystlmcd, it's only been 3 days but it's not as hard as I expected. I'm so excited to see if my temps really rise/fall as I go along.
I suppose having a fever will throw the results off a bit?

Ugh, 15 year old and can't make up her mind... Typical! At that age it probably sounds so romantic, having a baby.

Turtle, where have you disappeared?

2b4us hasn't been around either?

Hi, ladies! I was just coming back on here to say hello, and then I saw your post, Fleur! Funny timing! :)

I took a break from the boards this weekend, it was actually quite nice and relaxing! But of course I missed my friends on here and wanted to come back and say hi. :)

I'm glad to hear everyone had a nice weekend! Lots of fun stuff going on it sounds like!

Crystl, so sorry about being sick and your fever! :( I do hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Fleur, your message about waking up constantly and temping had me laughing. :haha: I'm the same way...when I have something I know I need to do/I'm excited for, I wake up constantly through the night checking the clock. That's one reason that temping was so annoying to me, every single night it seemed like I was waking up all the time to check and see if it was time yet! I would even dream about it! :dohh:

Cutie, I'm also really glad that you've stuck around on this thread, even after getting your bfp! It makes me sad when friends disappear. :( I get it, but it still makes me sad!

And yes to the young people ttc sentiments! I mean they're obviously allowed to try and there's no right or wrong age for it...but being older, I can't help but feel like saying "Give it time! Grow up and live a little first!" Then again, most of my friends have long ago finished having kids and are now starting to get their freedom back as they're getting older, and here we are trying for our first. So what do I know? :shrugg:

I'm still here ladies! Just trying to find the time to sit down and reply :)
Too busy BDing, ha! And, I'm cheap too... no data plan on phone, so I can't be wicked and misuse work time ;)

Crystl, I actually reported that girl. I don't think a lot of people caught on that she was 15!

I'm glad cutie. I can imagine most people didn't notice she was so young since she only said her age once and would dodge the question when people would ask after that.

Glad to hear everyone had an enjoyable weekend :). The snow has been melting here, but that's soon to change by the end of this week... boo! Mother Nature has been teasing us into thinking spring may be around the corner.

Loved, loved, loved Dexter Cutieq, hubby and I were addicted to it this fall. I'm grateful you've stuck around this thread. I find it motivating to hear encouragement from someone who was in our shoes not too long ago.

Temping is addicting. I'm excited and nervous every morning to see what the thermometer says. My guess is that I will see a jump tomorrow morning as I believe O is happening right now.

Hope you're feeling alright Crystlmcd :flower:

Btw, I'm only 21.... BAHAHAHA, just kidding! :fool:

Oh, I didn't realise you had to be above 18 to be on the forums? I thought I saw a teen moms section.

2b4us, I'm also excited to see my temp in the morning although it's been only 4 days! Today I heard DH mumbling "How much is it?", I was still half-asleep so totally confused. I asked him how much is what, he was asking about my temp lol!

For the experts, I have a question about my temps. They've been like this :
CD 2 : 96.89 F / 36.05 C at 5.20 am
CD 3 : 96.93 F / 36.07 C at 5.50 am
CD 4 : 96.85 F / 36.03 C at 7.20 am
CD 5 (today) : 97.14 F / 36.19 C at 7.45 am

Is that a big difference? I tested again at 8.30 am and it was 96.98 F / 36.10 C. Just wondering if I'm doing it properly and if I should put an alarm at the same time everyday...

Oh, another question. I'm going to order pre-seed from the UK, do you know how long a 40g tube will last me?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PRE-SEED-V...=UTF8&qid=1422432854&sr=8-3&keywords=pre+seed

And does anyone know if Conceive Plus is as good as pre-seed, just in case it's easier to get it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Conceive-P...=UTF8&qid=1422432854&sr=8-4&keywords=pre+seed

Katie, I forgot to say welcome back!!! I'm so glad to hear you had a lovely trip to the winery! :) Has the snow hit you pretty badly now? Hope you're okay! :hugs:

Fleur, you have to be 18 to be on here, unless you're already pregnant. You can join then underage, but you can't join underage and TTC.

Oh, and I'm not really sure on your temps...anyone with more experience with them able to help? :)

Thanks for the explanation. I wonder what I would have done with a baby at 18 years or younger... As it is I feel I'm still 18 and wouldn't have minded putting babies off for a few more years if there wasn't this pesky thing called biology / fertility / whatever! :haha:

Fleur, haha! I feel exactly the same way!!! :haha: Glad I'm not alone in that! ;)

Sometimes I really really wish that life had sorted itself out for me a little bit earlier so that I'd be TTC in my 20s instead of 30s. But then I look at my OH and realize what a miracle it was that we even met each other, and that sometimes miracles take a little longer than you'd like. I'm trying to approach the baby situation the same way. Fx, though! Just because I prioritized my life differently doesn't mean I don't want to have my cake and eat it too!

We got a little over two feet of snow yesterday, I think. The drifts are higher, of course. I live in Maine though, so we're managing! More on the way Friday and Monday. It better stay away Sunday so everyone here can get to all the Superbowl parties that are planned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->