32 and TTC #1

How exciting, cutie! I hope things continue to go smoothly.

Glad to hear about the temp jump crystlmcd :thumbup:. Ah the waiting game....here's hoping the next two weeks fly by!

Awesome news cutieq!

Fleur, don't feel bad . If you're not feeling it this cycle, take a break, recharge and I'm confident you'll be ready to go next time :bodyb:.

Thanks, ladies! DH has his test scheduled and I'm in the process of scheduling mine. :thumbup:

2b, I tend to get anxious while watching the cooking shows too! They do a great job of making it look like they won't be ready in time, etc, and I get so nervous! :haha: I have actually seen a few where someone HASN'T been ready in time it something else ominous that they're always hinting at actually happens. I love them though, anxiety and all!

Crystl, your chart is looking good! I hope you caught it!!! :)

Fleur, that's too funny that DH said he's going to take over TTC this month! : haha: I agree with 2b, if you're not feeling it this month, don't force yourself. Sometimes a break is just so refreshing.

Cutie, that's wonderful news on the midwife and heartbeat!!! Yay!!! :happydance:

Crystl, I agree. Your temps are looking good!

Fleur, what the others have said, take a well deserved ttc break if you want.

Turtle, remind me again what tests you're doing?

I caught myself watching chopped (cooking show) while eating. It made me just sadly look at my poorly prepared plate lol

crystlmcd, the only thing I know about temping is that it’s a good sign if your temps keep rising after ovulation, so I’ll echo what the others said. Fingers crossed for you!
Mine don’t make any sense to me but I’m not being very strict about taking them. I’ll try doing it vaginally if I haven’t got the hang of it in a couple of months.

cutie, yay about your scan! Does it seem real to you that you’ll be having a baby in a few months?

Turtle, you’re sounding more upbeat already. It must feel good to finally be moving forward with testing.

Thanks for the advice ladies. Still not sure if yesterday’s OPK was a true positive, and today’s also was confusing. DH’s taking over = “tell me when you’re ovulating and when we should BD”. Uh no! He’s decided to just go for it as often as possible but I’m not convinced he’s doing it for TTC purposes :haha:

I also feel so stressed for the candidates on cooking shows, we often shout advice at them while watching lol.

Fleur, I'm always convinced the saddest story wins. Tell me you're donating your money, you win. Tell me you're going on Vacay, you cut your finger and lose.

Yesterday was more reality that I was really pregnant but I still haven't grasped that there's an actual baby that will come of this.

Enjoy bd while you can ladies! DH has been too afraid and it's been over a month for us :(

Haha cutie. DH always likes to recite the joke by Dane Cook about BDing when pregnant where the baby yells "hey! I'm in here!" I'm sure I'll be hearing that constantly once we get pregnant.

Haha cutie. DH always likes to recite the joke by Dane Cook about BDing when pregnant where the baby yells "hey! I'm in here!" I'm sure I'll be hearing that constantly once we get pregnant.

We were gonna try tonight, but my pelvis is a little sore. I'm jumping him at some point this weekend :haha:

Too funny Fleur! Nah, guys don't have sex on the brain 24/7... :winkwink:

Cutieq, slip DH a couple of drinks, maybe it'll loosen him up, haha!

Could you imagine being a judge on some of those cooking competitions? Think of all the funky things you'd be tasting :sick:.

Do you all have plans for Valentine's Day? I'm kind of excited. If AF doesn't show up before the 14th, I'm going to test the morning of Valentine's day. It would be super awesome to get a BFP that day...a great gift for DH and cheap! DH actually proposed on Valentine's day three years ago... it could be my turn to surprise him! :D

Fingers crossed for you, 2b. That would be a great gift!

I thought I would be testing around the 14th but FF is still not giving me crosshairs. No idea what's going on. We will probably go to an early dinner for valentine's day as we aren't fans of the big crowds that are out at night.

Aww cutie, your DH must be worried about hurting the baby but he’s well cushioned in there. Have fun seducing him this weekend!

2b4us, we don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day, we’re invited to a family friend’s for dinner that day, with the rest of my family. I’ve got everything crossed you’ll be able to present your DH with a Valentine’s BFP, how perfect would that be!

crystlmcd, till when can you get crosshairs on the chart? Still got a lot to learn!

My OPKs are getting fainter again so that “maybe positive” 2 days ago was probably positive after all. I wasn’t expecting it that early so we’ve missed most of my fertile window despite DH’s good intentions. Before the miscarriage I used to be able to predict ovulation just by watching out for watery CM/ EWCM, now I hardly get any CM. This morning I had sticky CM.
Last night DH watched TV till really late and then went straight to sleep so we didn’t BD. Although I’d told him I want a break this month, I was really annoyed at him for saying he’s taking over TTC but not going through with it, especially since last night was the end of my fertile window. Had a cry fest this morning, he didn’t know what hit him! I told him that I don’t share all my feelings with him because he just says I’m obsessed, impatient etc, and that “it will happen when it happens”. He said he didn’t realize I was still hurting about the miscarriage (umm ok) and as from next month he’s going to be more involved in every aspect. Soooo he’s apparently going to set his alarm for 5 am and wake up with me to temp (I never manage to sleep till my alarm goes off and my temps are very rocky), and he’s going to note down my fertile window on his calendar so he knows exactly when we must BD. We’ll see how that goes!

Cutie, as of right now I'm just having the HSG done (scheduled for the 20th, but I'll change it is AF doesn't arrive on the day I'm expecting it), and DH is having a SA done (scheduled for the 17th). Then we'll see how those results are and go from there!

Oh Fleur, I'm so sorry that you were feeling so down about things this morning. :hugs: It sounds like the 2 of you had a really good talk about things though, and I love the effort your DH is going to put into this going forward! You've got a real keeper there! :thumbup: I really hope him helping you with all of this helps take some of the stress off of you as well. It's hard when you feel like they'll just think you're obsessing if you talk to them about it! :(

2b, ohhh, I really hope you get your bfp on Valentine's Day! It would make it extra special since that's the day he proposed! I have everything crossed for you! When is AF due?

Cutie, I'm sorry that last night didn't work out for you bd'ing wise after all. :( But good luck with it this weekend, I hope you're able to make it happen! ;)

Fleur, I'm not 100% positive on the formula but I believe I read it's supposed to give you crosshairs when you have 3 temps that are higher than the previous 6.

Fleur, it's great that DH is being a trooper and being a part of this too. That made the difference for us.

Well that's weird. I changed my detector to research and then back to advanced and now I have crosshairs but not on the chart in my sig.

Fleur, your DH is adorable. Learning to speak up and voice my needs to my OH has been one of my life's biggest lessons. Good for you for saying something instead of letting it make a frustrating time for you even worse!

I think I'm officially in the TWW now. So, no Valentine's BFP gift I guess! I bought him a nerdy archaeological magazine subscription instead.:cool: Nothing says "romance" like crumbling buildings and mummies!

I'm really hoping this month will be the month for us! (although I wished that last month, and if it comes to it, I'll wish it next month.) For those of you doing more than the counting-the-days-on-the-calendar-and-crossing-your-fingers method of TTC that I'm doing, when did you start? I imagine my next step would be temping, but I'm not ready for all that yet!

Katie, I started using OPKs after 4 months and, when I wasn't getting clear positives on those, started temping after 6 months. We have been trying for 10 months now.

Crystl I was gonna comment that it looked like you O'd. Glad you got crosshairs!

Katie, I think my biggest progression was to digital opks and temps.

Crazy!!! I just woke up from a baby dream. It wasn't my baby, but the doctor had brought a newborn into my room prior to my (don't judge me please!) abortion... I was pregnant with my coworkers child (and I'm not attracted or having relations with my coworker!). I was just getting ready to cry before I woke up. Omigosh, where the heck did this come from??? I feel so yucky :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->