33 and looking for early/mid 30s buddy

Hi girls! Thanks for the info! I'll only be 5 weeks and 5 days (if my calculations are even correct). So, I probably won't see anything but a sac. However, that's exciting enough for now! :)

I'm hoping they check my progesterone and hcg levels again though so I can see if they're increasing the way they should.

I have a prescription for progesterone cream that I have to "inject" suppository style every night. I'm hoping it's keeping the baby safe and sound! Did any of you have to use that?

My progesterone level on Day 21 was only 11, so that's why I have to use the cream. I'm am so nervous girls. I keep having nightmares about miscarrying. Is this normal?

Erica and Gemma, I'm sorry you're uncomfortable! You're almost there! :)

Talk to you soon!

So so so so normal!! I was TERRIFIED for most of the first trimester of miscarrying. It's hard, but you just have to try to be positive. And don't read too much on the internet! I did not use progesterone cream, but mine was on the low end (they tested it after I got my BFP) and everything still turned out fine. It made me super nervous, and I spent way too much time on google - so don't do that! Try to trust your doctor and trust the statistics, which are in your favor! Your baby will be fine!! :hugs:

Joanna,
Thanks so much! That makes me feel a million times better! You're so right to not read the internet too much. I just read an article about clomid and birth defects. ugh. One more thing to stress about!

There is absolutely nothing showing me that there's a problem with my baby, so I need to trust that. I'm not spotting; I feel good; I have normal symptoms. So, I just need to remind myself that these are all normal! Thank you for confirming!

I hope you girls have a great weekend!!!

Shelby how did your scan go? I bet it was great :)

Erica I am so with you on the huge and uncomfortable feeling lol I have such bad pain in my ribs all on the right hand side it's awful. I have had a great 2 weeks off work so far going to visit family/friends that I probably won't see on my own again for a while!! What about you, have you lots of plans?
How are you and Eli Joanna? I bet he's changing all the time now! xx

Here's my scan!
I got to see and hear the heartbeat! The heartbeat was a little flicker on the screen! So precious!

Gemma, I thought for sure you had delivered by now! :) I wonder if Erica has??? Joanna, how are you and Eli? Updates!!!

:hugs: to all of you!

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 4
Yay for your scan, Shelby! Sooo exciting! How are you feeling? I started feeling pretty crappy right around 8 weeks - kind of like a constant hangover, plus intense fatigue...hopefully you're not having bad morning sickness? I luckily only threw up twice, and not till around 16 weeks or so (weird, i know).

Erica and Gemma, you girls are so close!! Any early labor signs? Or have you had your babies?? Can't wait to hear!

We are doing great. Honestly, it gets easier every day. Eli is becoming a great sleeper, which helps a ton, and he is a lot more fun to be around during the day. He smiles now!

Great scan pic Shelby. So exciting! Time honestly flies by, you'll be in the second tri before you know it.

Gemma.....we're almost done! I can't wait. Since I hit 37 weeks, the last few days I've been soooooo impatient! I want this baby now! My dr. Checked me at 36 weeks and I was about a fingertip dilated, she offered to sweep my membranes on Thursday so maybe I'll get lucky and go into labour at 38 weeks :) I'm not getting my hopes up, but I can hope. I've had a bit of light spotting after intercourse, as well as contractions after intercourse, same as with Dom so heres hoping something will happen soon.

Gemma, any labour signs for you? You feeling like that baby will make an appearance soon? Any day now!

Joanna, I'm so glad you are doing so well with Eli! It's so rewarding when they start smiling and cooing at momma. I can't believe he's almost 2 months old!! Did you do anything special for your first official mother's day? I hope you felt loved and special and had a great day.

It's so good to hear from you girls!

Joanna, I'm glad things are progressing well with little Eli! You should post a pic or two of your little guy! :) Are you exhausted? I keep thinking I can't possibly feel any more exhausted than I do right now. Then I think, oh just wait. I bet the exhaustion of a first time mom is even greater. Either way, it's totally worth it. I was just wondering. :)

Erica, 37 weeks and 2 days! How exciting! I will be thinking of you all week in hopes that you have a safe and healthy delivery!!! :) I love your ticker. It makes the baby's growth so real! I might have to get that one! Hugs and prayers are being sent your way!!!

Gemma, any baby yet?? You must be in your 37th week too???? I can't wait to hear how you're doing and whether you delivered yet! Hugs and prayers are being sent you way as well!!!

Keep updating! I tried to find a thread like this one for December moms, but everyone just posts about themselves. There is little to no interaction. :( So, I'm glad you girls keep posting!

Any word from Nicole?

Bye girls! A big :hugs: to all of you!!!!

Shelby

Shelby how amazing you got to see and hear the heartbeat, it always makes me so happy to hear that sound! I'm so happy for you :)

Still no sign of baby, I woke up feeling sick in the night after my baby shower on Saturday but have now put that down to too much cake lol as have felt fine since ha ha.

Wow Erica your lucky being able to get a sweep now, I'm not allowed one untill my due date and they don't examine me untill then either :( I REALLY want her to come now so we can meet her!!
How are you feeling now? Have you had your sweep yet?

Shelby are you suffering with any morning sickness at all?

Joanna so glad you have a good sleeper, I have heard it makes a big difference. One of my good friends has an 8week old and she has been sleeping through since 5 weeks so I have my fingers crossed for one like that !!!!!
xxx

Gemma and Erica,
I keep checking to see how you girls are progressing!!! You both must have made quite the home for your little ones! They don't want to come out! :) Keep us posted!!! Good luck and :hugs:!!!

Joanna, How is Eli? How are you feeling? I bet Eli is growing by leaps and bounds!!!

I'm having an awesome pregnancy so far! I have been really tired but no morning sickness! I have the occasional food aversion but nothing major.

My students have been amazing! They're so excited for me, and they ask me every day how Baby is doing. They're so sweet! I'm lucky I have such a great group of students to make this experience even better!

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. :) No scan though.

:hugs:
Shelby

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you all know I had a beautiful baby girl on May 25th. Eliana Marie came 8 days early and is doing great. She is tiny and perfect.

Hope you are all doing well! Gemma won't be long now, maybe you've already had your baby too:)

Shelby, hope your appt went well on Thursday.

Joanna hope you and Eli are doing great.

Congratulations Erica!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

She has a beautiful name!!! I hope you're enjoying every second with her!!!

Hi GIRLS!
I'm finally back, and there is so much good news I'm tearing up!
Shelby!!! OMG, you deserved this baby so much! I am so so soOooooo HAPPY for you! Ahhhhhhhh! ;););)
Joanna and Erica, CONGRATS!
We haven't heard yet from Gemma, can't wait!
My pic never came up did it? Will do my best, I forget how it works!

And according to my ticker I'm 62 weeks pregnant... Ok, changing that.

Looking back, the first 3 weeks were so hard, it's the lack of sleep mostly. And the breastfeeding, now that's a challenge!
But Arthur is 5 months now, sleeping through the night on most nights, and giggling!

:kiss:

Edit: Arthur is now my avatar pic, I don't know how to post a pic in this thread...

Erica that is great news I'm so happy for you, and that is a beautiful name. Can we see a pic?
Nicole it's lovely to hear from you and Arthur is a real cutie, can't believe he's 5months old already, where did that time go!
Shelby glad your doing well and hope your appointment went well.
Joanna hope everything's good for you and Eli is doing great, hope to hear from you soon.

AFM nothing to report I'm afraid, she seems to be quite comfortable in here and there are absolutely NO signs of her making an appearance anytime soon. I am just trying to keep myself busy and I'm sure she'll come in her own time when she's ready! xx

Erica, huge congrats!!! So happy for you! Is Dom excited?

Nicole, Arthur is too cute!! I can't believe he's 5 months old already! Great that he is sleeping through the night! Are you still breastfeeding? I am, but plan to stop when I go back to work when Eli is 6 months old. I mainly find the pumping to be a huge pain in the ass (I'm trying to store up milk so that we can eventually leave him with my parents or a sitter, as well as trying to give him one bottle a day so that he won't have a problem transitioning to that when I go back to work, which means pumping pretty regularly). I feel like I spend half the day either BFing or pumping!

Shelby, glad things are going well. I can't wait to hear more updates.

Gemma, hang in there. Eli was 9 days late, so I definitely know all about babies who are v. comfortable inside! Hopefully you're feeling ok and not too uncomfortable. I felt like being late gave Eli a leg up on the breastfeeding (he was a good latcher right away) and also meant he was a bit heavier, which seems to have helped with sleeping. I know you're not late yet, but if she does pass her due date, try not to be too impatient because I think that a little more cooking time can be good for some babies! (easier said than done, I know, since people start saying "any day now" at like 36 weeks!)

Nicole,
It's so good to hear from you!!! Arthur is so handsome! What a cutie! I'm so glad you're back!

Joanna, I didn't realize you delivered so late in your pregnancy! yikes!!! I agree with you though, more cooking will definitely give the baby advantages! :)

Gemma, hang in there! I hope you're not too uncomfortable. Get lots of rest!!! I will be checking in frequently for updates!

Erica, how are your little ones? I hope Dom is adjusting to brotherhood well! :) I can't wait to see a picture of little Eliana!

I have my first trimester screening next week. I'm excited to see the baby again, but I'm nervous that they'll find something wrong. They check for down's syndrome during this ultrasound. Will I ever stop worrying??? I have virtually no symptoms other than being tired, moody, emotional, and hungry. So, I keep thinking, am I even still pregnant? I feel like a crazy person.

Anyway, it's so good to hear from you girls! Keep updating. Now that you have your babies (Gemma you're almost there) you won't have as much time to update, but please try to. I love seeing what lies ahead, and I love hearing how you're all doing!

Shelby

Shelby, I had the same fears! I didn't really have much morning sickness (really just had fatigue and some mild nausea, which I kept in check by being very careful to always have something in my stomach), so I was perpetually terrified of a missed miscarriage. All I can tell you is that symptoms really vary, especially this late in first tri (many people lose them pretty early) so try to stay calm and remind yourself that it's very, very unlikely anything is wrong and very, very likely that all is just great with your little bean!! As for if the worrying stops, for me it more just changed (once I stopped worrying about miscarrying, I worried about preterm labor!). I would say I started feeling pretty worry-free around 30 weeks, though, so there is hope! (And i am a HUGE worrywort!)

Thanks Joanna!
I know you're so right. Rationally, I know everything is fine. In all the pregnancy books, they always lead with all this horrific stuff that could happen to your baby. So, it doesn't help!!!
My baby is safe and sound. My baby is safe and sound. My baby is safe and sound!!!

I'm feeling some pulling on my hips! They're expanding!

:)

Hey Girls,

I'm still waiting for my baby!!! Went to the hospital on Thursday as was a little concerned about reduced movements so they monitored me and the midwife said I was having contractions and that she thought I would have my baby by the weekend which obviously didn't happen!! I am still having tightenings, painful ones at night but nothing is progressing. She did say I was 100% effaced and 1cm dilated so hopefully with my due date being tomorrow and a sweep booked in things will get moving!
Shelby I think it's completely normal to feel worried I certainly did and still do now if I'm honest. Like you say all you can do is believe your baby is fine and enjoy your scans and appointments.
I will keep you all posted with my progress!! xx

So exciting Gemma! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that she arrives today (or at least very very soon!) Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->