33 weeks and in agony with a tooth infection

amand_a

Mother of 2!
Reaction score
Sorry for the off topic question, just wanted a second opinion to avoid looking like an idiot :cry:
I have an infection in my tooth/gum. I started antibiotics last night but i am worried about how quickly the infection is spreading, I woke up this morning with the whole gum swollen with bits going black (yuck i'm sorry i know) my jaw, ear neck, sinus and head are all throbbing. I am in agony and just want to cry. should I just rest and toughen up or go to the hospital???

swallowing infections is NEVER good for bubba! Plus they may be able to drain it for you and/or give you something for the pain. If it is causing that much pain, take your meds with you to show them what you are taking and go to the clinic/ER. Good luck! In the mean time try ice hun...

You poor thing.... I know EXACTLY how you're feeling! I had a really bad tooth infection when I was about 30 weeks and you could just about see it spreading down my neck... the swelling was awful and the pain- OMG! I went to the dentist and he said that the infection was so bad, he didn't want to even do anything to the tooth until the infection was gone (thank god... because I was terrified of him working on the tooth without pain relief), so he prescribed a course of antibiotics (he called my OB and checked that it was ok) and the infection was gone in a few days. I was paranoid that the infection would affect the baby, but my OB said that even if I had of left it, it wouldn't affect the baby- it would've just made me very sick.
Go and get some antibiotics and panadeine forte! Hope it clears up quickly xx

Ooooh, ouuuuuuuch! Makes me wince just thinking about it. I'd go to the hospital and get it sorted. Or at least an emergency dentist!

Thank you so much for the responses, decided that the hospital would not be able to do much for me and unfortunately the dentist wont touch me until the infection is clear. Feeling heaps better today, the antibiotics are finally working.

If your pain is really bad, try filling a bottle with ice cold water and putting it on the sore bit. I was in agony with an infection but thankfully my dentist pulled it :D.

tootache is the worst hun, had it myself a few wks back, dentist wouldnt do much with me either, mine was down to wisdom teeth tho that need to be taken out at hosp once bubs is born...hope the antibiotics helps clear it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->