33yr ttc#2 - buddies needed!!!

Seems like you've done really well cupcake, give yourself the night off! If you are 2dpo then it would prob be too late anyway.

Kim, didn't you say you dtd 4 days before when you think you o'd? If so then u are defo still in with a chance! We only dtd 6 days before and day of so don't feel
Massively hopeful either. What dpo are you now Kim? I'm hoping my internet cheapies will arrive by Monday so I can test. I think the brand is called one step... 7 dpo today, I think. Nothing to report!

Hello,

CD 14 for me today and expecting to O any day now. Got the first signs of fertile cm yesterday.

You all seem to be getting into the tww now. Can't wait to see you all testing!

I am CD15 annio so right with you. Think i may have ovulated yesterday or the day before just with the crampy pains and bloat i was having. Woken up feeling fine and we dtd last night too so maybe thats me on 1 dpo. Regardless unless period shows will test 2 weeks today.

I didnt realise that if i got pregnant now i would have a december baby, thought it would be January. Pretty sure i checked and woulf be due 22nd Dec....eeeeek.

How are you all, anything exciting planned for the weekend

Citrus, I reckon I'm 2dpo since my positive OPK was CD11, had temp dip then, CD12 it went up to 36.40, yesterday was 36.78 but today 36.76 so FF hasn't given me the crosshairs as of yet but I reckon I ovulated CD12 since I had some obvious pains that day and this is when I would ov on average.
Btw, I usually use One Step, wanted to let you know in advance they do sometimes give evaps so watch out for that! Also, I don't know if you read reviews on them but many people don't see a positive until close to their af due date or past af due date, so don't feel disheartened if you don't see an early positive. Some do get early results, but some don't :)

JessyG yes my lmp was 19th so we would be having Christmas babies if we conceive this cycle! I know some would rather avoid Christmas but personally I would love it <3

I have a question I don't know if you ladies can advise - my GP prescribed me progesterone pessaries (for PMDD, severe PMS) but I didn't use them since my symptoms started to improve. However, they gradually declined and whilst it isn't quite as it was before, I'm thinking she wouldn't have prescribed them unless she thought I was low on progesterone surely? Which makes me question whether I ought to use them? Because without the right levels of progesterone you can't sustain a pregnancy early on. I think I had a chemical last cycle and also another last year late summer. Just wondered what you would do? If my levels were actually ok, is it harmful to have extra progesterone?

Yes, I agree that it could be subconscious feelings on his part and that's why he usually skips the fw even without my telling him it is the fw.

Citrus, we did dtd 4 days before the positive opk and the day before the positive opk but I thought you actually O the day after or the next day. I'm pretty sure I'm 3dpo today going by cp, cm, bloat, and Cramps which means we didn't try till 3 days before O because I had 2 days of positives. I hope you're ic's work well for you and you get an early bfp and a sticky bean!

He did notice I was upset about it even though I didn't say anything about it to him so we talked about it. He told me he doesn't intentionally skip the most important days it's just he is worried about me being pregnant again since I had such a hard time last time and eventually lost the baby. He said he didn't want to see me in so much pain and heartache but at the same time he does want to try and have another baby. He's just worried about me and my well being. Which I understand completely and that's really sweet but I told him we will never know how it's going to turn out unless we try. I was a manager at a major store and was working 16hrs every day for the last 2 weeks and was super stressed out and ended up losing the baby. I told him I'm not working now and I'm not stressed out about anything major so I'm positive this time will be different but we won't know until we get pregnant. So last night after our talk he promises to dtd every other day during fw next time but I don't want to feel like I'm forcing him to do something he doesn't really want to do. Does that make sense? Oh on a side note I could have hurt him last night (not literally of course) because right after our talk he started watching cute baby video's on YouTube and kept making me look and watch with him. While they were cute and funny, at the same time it kind of hurt my feelings because I'm trying not to get too sensitive about not possibly having a chance this month and he wants to show me adorable baby video's? &#128529;
I'm sorry this is so long ladies. I literally have no one to talk about this to irl.

About the progesterone suppository, I would still take them. I don't personally know how it all works but I've been on this forum a while and have read a lot and I don't remember who said it but someone accidentally kept taking the progesterone after they found out they were pregnant (I think I'm remembering this right. If not I'm sorry to who this was!) and her doctor told her it's OK because "babies love progesterone " hopefully the original person who posted that will chime in and tell the correct way this went but I believe that's pretty much how it went. Lol

I'm really sorry for such a long and semi personal post.

Hopfl4, it sounds as though you had this talk with your OH and he became more comfortable with the idea of having another, and so watched those things possibly thinking it would show how much more on board he is after having talked properly? I don't know if this makes sense? It doesn't sound as though you are making him do anything he doesn't want to do, although I understand what you mean as I worried about the same thing when my husband and I had our first child together

We are all here to listen! Vent away.

I have a question. Back in November i booked a tattoo app for this month (21st) the guy is amazing so had an infredibly long waiting list. Anyway at the time i wasnt planning on any more kids. Obviously i have changed my mind now. I was going to just cancel the app but i will lose 150 so i figured id wait until 15th which is the day i planned on testing. If it was positive, i would inform the studio and cancel my app (id hope they would keep my deposit until i could go back in 9 months time or so.

My issue is this: say the test says negative (and continues to say negative until 21st) yet i still havent gotten my period by 21st would you cancel anyway just in case or go?

I would never get a tattoo knowing i was pregnant obviously but if i wasnt and my period had come id go as i have waited so long for this one. I am not concerned about the studio hygiene or anything to carry on ttc after i have it done but i just cant shake the feeling i should just cancel it altogether? What do you think?

JessyG, I think you should keep your appointment. Unless obviously you see a positive test before! I'm thinking how many women have tattoos early in pregnancy before they find out and are fine? Similar to those who go out for a drink and then panic because they discover they are pregnant a week later but things are fine.
Having said this, in all honesty I don't know what the risks are when getting a tattoo during pregnancy (I'm aware it's advised to avoid it during but I haven't heard any explanation for this), except for general hygiene which isn't an issue in a reputable parlour. So there may be risks I don't know of which would make it important to cancel just in case.
When is af due? If your appointment is on the 21st I would probably wait until say the 19th to make a definite decision if you don't see a positive before then

Thank you! That was my thoughts, unless i get a positive result assume i am not. I think af should be due about 15/16th this is my first one off bc so i am not exactly sure. Eeeek will leave it a bit longer and see what has happened in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the advice. I reckon its the risk of the tattoo becoming infected or people not using reputable places. I wouldnt think about it if i knew i was pregnant but not sure i should hold off just because we are trying. It could take us months to get pregnant.

I think the only other thing I can think is the possibility of you being more sensitive and how you react to the ink, because of hormone changes, if you are pregnant. But I don't know if there is any truth to this.
I guess you could be more susceptible to infection since when pregnant your immune system is lowered, but providing you go to a good clean place with good practices and you know how to take care of a fresh tattoo, then you shouldn't see any problems. It's a risk, sure, but I suspect it isn't a hugely high risk. I personally wouldn't plan a tattoo if I knew I was pregnant or if I was ttc, but you booked this months ago before things changed, I would imagine this happens to many women!
My period returned quite quickly and cycles were more regular than before when I stopped bc years ago, then when I had Nexplanon removed a few years ago my cycles weren't strictly regular so it's different for everyone and each time you alter your hormones. I have been told though that sometimes when you first stop bc you can ov right away so there's every chance of conceiving soon after.
I hope you see your bfp but it would be a shame to cancel it if you could have gone ahead. Wait it out I say :)

Kim I totally understand where you are with dh. I think they want the same but when it comes to it they feel the pressure to get us pregnant and then theres the worry that we stay pregnant. I think it's more pressure on the man than we realise and I know that previously when I was trying I obviously understood how I felt but didn't realise hubby was so in tune with it. Glad you talked though it shows how much he wants this with you

Jessyg I'd keep appointment too until otherwise pleasantly able to cancel!!

Anyone close to testing yet?? Pretty sure I'm out this month so need to live off the anticipation of you ladies x

Thank you, Happycupcake and Jessy!

Happycupcake, maybe you're right. It is possible he was watching that and showing me he is on board. That actually helped me feel better about the situation.

Jessy, I would keep the appointment until you find out if you're pregnant or not. I got pregnant with ds2 the first month off birth control so it is possible to for you to have conceived this cycle. Fx for you! If not, then you still have something to look forward to that you've been wanting and you can try again next cycle and you will be able to see roughly what your cycles will be like.

Thank you ladders, I agree with you. I guess I didn't realise how much he was worried about what would happen when/if we do get pregnant again.

Why would you think you're out for this month?

Hi all, it's getting nice and lively on here!

Thanks for the tip off about the tests cupcake, I'll try not to get too down if the early ones are negative.

Kim, if you dtd 2 or 3 days before then I think you are in with as good a chance as me dtd on o date. If it's not our month this month we will both have to try to do better with timing next month! I do think the videos sounds like your OH is on board too...I think he was probably trying to get excited not to upset you.

Sorry I don't know much about progesterone so can't help there and I don't know much about tattooing either! Is it not recommended in pregnancy? What's the reason for that? I would say if tests are negative then go for it but I would try to get the most sensitive test going...

ETA 8 dpo today and testing on Monday. Maybe tomorrow!

Thank you, citrus. I think that may be what he was thinking. The man's mind is a hard thing to figure out sometimes lol

Yay for testing! I have everything crossed for you! Hopefully we will get our bfps and all this worrying about timing was nothing and we caught the eggs anyway! I still think you're in with a chance with dtd on O day!

Hpfl4 I think men express themselves so differently to us, and I think for the most part they seem to find it harder to as well, I don't know why. I think how he has been, he's been so open with you, and then watching those things I doubt he meant any harm by it, I honestly think he thought it would be a good way to show you he's happy with things and also to show how much he wants the same as you? Although I do see where you are coming from and initially I think I would have taken it the same, but giving it some thought I reckon he had only good intentions :)

Ladders why do you think you are out?

Citrus, I hope the ICs give you good results, they do with some. It seems to be a mixed bag when it comes to them but I guess this will vary between pregnancies too of course!
The only logical explanation I can think of why tattoos aren't advised during pregnancy are due to hygiene standards (but JessyG has said this tattooist is of a high standard, so this shouldn't be an issue), and the fact your immune system is suppressed because it has to be during pregnancy so this leaves us more vulnerable to infections and I guess if you knew you were pregnant you would want to avoid this as much as possible, which is why we avoid things like blue cheese and underdone eggs etc. because we aren't as able to fend off infection as we would be otherwise. I have read before something rather vague about possibly being more susceptible to reactions BUT at the same time, we see many changes throughout our cycles and lives anyway, so you could say there's always a risk in that respect. I haven't a clue if there's any truth to that, though. I recall reading something aaages ago but this is Google...

Someone asked about testing, I think? I want to say I will be sensible and wait until af is due, but having a millions One Step ICs sat here, I would imagine I will start testing at around 7dpo once FF confirms ov.

Oh and Citrus, good luck for testing :)

I know nothing about tattoos, but I'd wait on and keep the appointment unless you've had a bfp, I think lots of things are advised against in pregnancy just to be totally sure and covered, like others have said, there's lots of women who conceive unknowingly and eat, drink etc until they know and have perfectly healthy babies.

Kim, it's good you and your hubby have chatted now and got your cards on the table and are understanding one another, I think men have more going on in their minds than they lead us to believe sometimes.

Af is due here either tomorrow or Monday (if my cycles are back on track). I really don't know what to think. I'm having all sorts going on - backaches, cramps, a little nauseous, gassy (tmi!) but I've been thinking about ttc that much that maybe it's all just in my mind.

I'm waiting till at least Monday if not Tuesday to test, would rather af came along of her own accord than me test and get a negative result.

Yeah I agree with you Happycupcake. For the past 5 months since we've been "trying" he's been quiet about the whole process other than when I first got my opk's and I showed him the first test, it was a faint test line but clearly visible. When he saw it he lite up like a Christmas tree and said "well I guess it's finally happening" then I realized that he thought it was a pregnancy test and not a opk and I said "noooo babe this is an ovulation test and I'm just showing you how it works and when the test line gets darker then it'll be positive and I'll be ovulating soon. I'm sorry you thought it was a pregnancy test! " he kinda slumped down a little and said "dammit why did you do that?! " and laughed. I reminded him that I had ordered the tests a few days before and wanted to show him how it works because when I ordered them he was asking what it was and why I wanted to pay the extra shipping and handling costs to get it faster instead of just waiting for it to come in the regular time. During those days I guess he forgot that I ordered them. So I felt bad about it but other than last night that is the only time he has shown me that he does still want a baby.

As for the tattoos, dh went to get another one when I was 5 months pregnant with ds2 and he kept asking me if I want one. I told him I do but not at the time while pregnant. The tattoo artist said I wouldn't be able to get one anyway because they don't do tattoos on pregnant women because of the ink that is in them. I didn't ask why or anything because I was sick and just didn't care at the time but later on I found out that the ink doesn't settle well while pregnant. Something about the hormones affecting the ink and the body supposedly rejecting it so it'll look faded days after instead of years later. That's what one tattoo artist told me anyway. Weather that's true or not I have no idea lol

Thank you, Daisies. I agree. I guess he has the stress of work and bills and employees and all that to worry about too so that could be a factor too.

I hope af is a no show and you get to start us all off with the first bfp!

I'm on my way home from my weekend away and really undecided about when to test. I'm 9dpo and I really don't feel pregnant at all. I got my positive at 9dpo last time and I feel like I would know this time. I might wait until tomorrow am. Even though I don't feel too bothered this month, I still hate seeing a negative late on and feeling out and having to wait for AF.

Decisions decisions! Kim will you test? If so when are you thinking?

Hope AF stays away daisies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->