35+ first pregnancy, plan to have more?

Squiggy

Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
I got pregnant for the first time about 2 weeks before my 35th birthday. This is our first baby and I do not intend for him to be siblingless. I plan to have another 1-2 children.
Of course, I haven't been positively tested for any of the "risks" that come with age so I feel safe in planning future pregnancies.

What about you guys? If this is your first and you're 35 or older, and whether you have had complications or not, do you plan to try for more?

:smug:

Hi, I'm 39 and 33 weeks at the mo. We'd like a 2nd baby but I'll be 40 when this baby's 7 months old so we'll have to see if mother nature's kind to us! It also doesn't leave us much time to start trying so we'll decide fully next year. I do feel like I'm going against the clock though!

I grew up very closely with my slightly older brother, who I unfortunately lost 11 years ago. I feel that it's been easier for me to be a better friend and partner because I had consideration of my sibling engrained in me my whole life.

I do plan to have another one after this one (unless this one is twins!), and I plan to get on that fairly soon after this one. :winkwink:

I got pregnant with DD and gave birth just before my 32nd birthday.
We've had two losses in 18 months and I'm now 26 weeks pregnant with #2 and turn 37 next week. My first pregnancy was bad enough but I'm having complications with this one and so it will be our last. I am one of 4 and my OH has a sister so we didn't really want DD to be an only child,

Best of luck with everything xxxx

Me! Had my first at 36 and will be 38 when number 2 arrives :)

I think I'd love to have a second, but don't know if I can talk DH into it...

If I can we will. Took 3 years to get pregnant with this one........so we'll see :)

I was 39 when our son was born. I had a great pregnancy, until my cervix started dilating @ 31+5 weeks. Our son was born @ 32 weeks. He is 13 months old (adjusted). We had a miscarriage at 6 weeks this past June and we are pregnant again. I'm hoping for a healthy fullterm pregnancy. Doctors are not sure why I went into labor early, so my husband wants me to stop working to ensure we can sustain this pregnancy.

Me! Had my first at 36 and will be 38 when number 2 arrives :)

Same here! My first pregnancy and birth were problem-free and we conceived our second easily (I did not even need to wean from BFing).

Without wanting to minimise the hurt of those struggling to conceive or who have complications, I do think that most women's fears about post-35 pregnancy and birth are disproportionate to reality.

Statistically, women in their late 30s are overwhelmingly more likely to be able to conceive and give birth than not, and the odds that your child will be born in good health are well over 90 percent.

I'll be giving birth to our first when I'm 39... Definitely plan on having another. I got pregnant first try, had a miscarriage with our first pregnancy at 7.5wks, but this pregnancy is going super duper so far!
I have plenty of friends, including my big sister, who have had babies in their 40's with no problems. Like Larkspur said there is no reason why women can't conceive or have good pregnancies in our 40's.
I love being pregnant so far! Good luck everyone!!!

Already baking number 2!!!

I am 38 and had my first beautiful girl in January. I'm a twin and loved having a best friend to grow up with and really wanted my babies to be close together. It's nerve wracking now though but my babies will not remember a time when they didn't have a brother/sister. I wanted to have them before I got to 40. Think I will stop at two, having said that I haven't had a scan yet so no idea if there's twins in there!!

I am hoping for twins :dust:, otherwise would love to have 2 ,
I just turned 38 and have really low AMH so that means that I might not be able to..but I love my sister so much and she is my best friend so I want by baby to have a sister or brother 2.

praying for this baby to make it
:baby:

I flirt with the idea of twins, but I hear that twin pregnancies are quite difficult on the body and I am not fond of all the discomforts of pregnancy to begin with. So the idea of feeling like I'm in my 3rd tri when I'm only about halfway through pregnancy doesn't strike my fancy.

I do love the idea of having twin girls (as I grew up alone and with no "real" friends in life). My parenting plan is to make sure they know that they will always have each other when the world lets them down.

I was still pregnant with #1 when I started calculating when I might want to TTC again!

I had my first at age 36. I had originally wanted three children, but it took almost 2 years to conceive this time around. It took us that long to figure out that hubby's sperm quality was bad and to get him on supplements. I'll be 39 when I give birth. I had hoped to have been done before age 40.

Right now I don't know if I'll try for #3 after this one, but that's mostly because children are proving to be more expensive than I ever could have imagined! I didn't envision myself having babies in my 40s, but it won't stop me if that's what we decide we want.

I have a son I got pregnant with in my 20s. I am 36 now and 6 months pregnant. I will be 37 when I deliver (her EDDis a week after my bday!)

I would love to have 1 more. I got pregnant within 1 month of trying and so far, so good. However, I find myself worrying ALOT more due to my age and I don't mentally know if I can do it again. I didn't expect to do this when I got pregnant.

So I guess my answer is maybe LOL

I had DD 2 weeks before I turned 35. I'll still be 36 when DS is born. I'm almost positive we are done after this. Kids are expensive and this pregnancy s taking a toll on me....

I'm 37 and will be 38 (just barely) when this LO is born. I still intend to have another so we're going to have to get right on it. But we caught first try so I can't imagine it will be much different next time around.

I'm 37 and will be 38 (just barely) when this LO is born. I still intend to have another so we're going to have to get right on it. But we caught first try so I can't imagine it will be much different next time around.

That is kind of wear I am at. I will be 37 for like a week after my LO is born. Do you count that age as the risk for downs or the age you conceived her? I am just wondering if you know since our situations are similar. Thanks!

That is kind of wear I am at. I will be 37 for like a week after my LO is born. Do you count that age as the risk for downs or the age you conceived her? I am just wondering if you know since our situations are similar. Thanks!

You count from when the baby is due/delivered, so 38 in all our cases. :winkwink:

Sachis, we caught first try with our first one too. Our second took four cycles once my period returned PP (at seven months). I was/am breastfeeding too.

I'd like my baby to have a sibling, but we'll have to see if it happens naturally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->