35+ first pregnancy, plan to have more?

Good afternoon ladies:wave:,

My DD is June 7th, this is baby number five for us after 12years we are so excited. We had a tr done March 2012 and was ttc and it finally happend. We just starting to see a fertility doctor. Went to the first appointment which was just a consult and two days later found out we were pregnant.:happydance:

My DD is June 7th, this is baby number five for us after 12years we are so excited. We had a tr done March 2012 and was ttc and it finally happend. We just starting to see a fertility doctor. Went to the first appointment which was just a consult and two days later found out we were pregnant.:happydance:

Congratulations!! :happydance:

Congratulations!! :happydance:

Thank you Dubibump we are so excited and grateful :happydance:.

Hi im 35 & expecting #2. My first took 5 years to conceive & i wer in my early twenties had conceived him at 27 & had him at 28 altho like i said started trying at 23/24
This one i conceived 2nd cycle off bc at 35!! Thought might not happen & if dies may take years again coz of age but guess i wer pleasantly proved wrong lol my sisters just had hers at 37 (3rd) & no complications so i think i do want a third but if doesn't happen will be happy with 2. Just hope this pregnancy goes well nw.

I am 37 and this will be our first (but third pregnancy). It took a lot of time and work to get pregnant so even though we want another, I am trying to stay realistic about the odds. In my perfect world, I would get pregnant just a couple of months after this one arrives! My OH is 40 so while he really wants another, he is also concerned about timing. TTC was difficult for us, particularly after two losses so I definitely worry about going through again.

Our current plan is to start trying ASAP and hope for the best. I plan to breastfeed and hate that it may delay our efforts but feel it wouldn't be fair to this baby if I didn't make every effort to EBF for 6 months and ideally do a full year.

Me! Had my first at 36 and will be 38 when number 2 arrives :)

Hey, congrats! ** envious**
I had a miscarriage last week and I am 35 this year :(
I am hoping to try again after 2 menstrual cycles and really crossing my fingers hard for a successful pregnancy the next time !
Really do hope to have 2-3 children but I know it's gonna be so hard considering I am gonna be 36 next year.

Me! Had my first at 36 and will be 38 when number 2 arrives :)

Hey, congrats! ** envious**
I had a miscarriage last week and I am 35 this year :(
I am hoping to try again after 2 menstrual cycles and really crossing my fingers hard for a successful pregnancy the next time !
Really do hope to have 2-3 children but I know it's gonna be so hard considering I am gonna be 36 next year.

Hi!

Sorry to hear about your MC. I had one on my first pregnany the beginning of this yr at 7.5 weeks, at 38yr old. We waited 2 months and I got pregnant straight away and now I'm 34 weeks. All the studies that have been done about age & pregnancy are based on studies from 17 century France...seriously! It seems that age really doesn't matter!

I turn 35 in March and I'm due in July with my first.. I actually had a coworker (new dad) say to me basically "well, you're old so you have to realize you're done having kids after that one, and get used to it." ..really ticked me off. What is it about being pregnant that makes people think they can say whatever they want to you?
If everything goes smoothly, we are definitely planning on having a second child and hopefully somewhat quickly so they are close in age. Plans may change, but the baby and I are healthy so far, and what more can I ask for?

I turn 35 in March and I'm due in July with my first.. I actually had a coworker (new dad) say to me basically "well, you're old so you have to realize you're done having kids after that one, and get used to it." ..really ticked me off. What is it about being pregnant that makes people think they can say whatever they want to you?
If everything goes smoothly, we are definitely planning on having a second child and hopefully somewhat quickly so they are close in age. Plans may change, but the baby and I are healthy so far, and what more can I ask for?

What a ridiculous thing for your coworker to say...and being a new dad too he should have known better, idiot! Don't listen to him, enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! Btw I had my first at 39 last August and had no problems at all x

What a ridiculous thing for your coworker to say...and being a new dad too he should have known better, idiot! Don't listen to him, enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! Btw I had my first at 39 last August and had no problems at all x

Congratulations! I love hearing stories like that. Today at work I found out my older coworker had her son when she was 40. All natural and he was 10 lb 3 oz! Now that's encouragement. I just need to keep talking to the right people ;)

I find this really odd. At least half the women I know didn't start having kids until their mid-30s and we only have 1 friend who was in her 20s.
We always think of 20s as super young to start having kids!! :rofl:

I find this really odd. At least half the women I know didn't start having kids until their mid-30s and we only have 1 friend who was in her 20s.

Me too, that's so cheeky what he said. People seem to think tact isn't necessary when speaking to pregnant women. Most of my friends started having babies in their thirties, too. I'm 36 and if it happens again, I'll be pleased.

Me too, that's so cheeky what he said. People seem to think tact isn't necessary when speaking to pregnant women. Most of my friends started having babies in their thirties, too. I'm 36 and if it happens again, I'll be pleased.

Hi BigLegEmma! Not related to this post but just seen you're in Spain, me too! I'm in Tarragona area x

First baby at 35 second i will be 39 yrs, two boys and this is my last

I had my first at 35, second at 36, two miscarriages at 37 & 38, then number three was born 2 weeks before I turned 39 (he was 7 weeks early so due a month after I turned 39), and we are now trying for number four at 42. I'm hoping that because I had no problems conceiving in my late 30s that we won't have too many problems now, but I guess time will tell.

I truly believe my lifestyle (quitting UK) and dietary changes (cutting out meat) helped me get pregnant (also, I think it's down to your partner, too; some couples never conceive and then they go off to new relationships and have children easily). My hormones have always been all over the place and meat has so many synthetic ones, my periods used to be terrible when I ate it. Since largely eliminating it from my diet my skin calmed down, my cramps eased and my cycle regulated. And since falling pregnant, my numerous fibroids have shrunk away, so thanks LO! I was worrying pregnancy would make them grow :)

How ignorant. I had my first at 36. Didn't want more, but my husband and I are super fertile, so I ended up pregnant again at 39. We really, really don't want more now, so he had a vasectomy. We could easily have had 4-5 kids if we wanted them closer in age and I'm sure we'd have ended up with a third with a nice big age gap if we hadn't made sure to fix that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->