35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

HA HA HA Sunshine at the Holy boobs comment. I am a busty women to begin with (38 DD) and now I am an E cup and haven't been able to find an E cup in ANY of the stores. I was in a maternity store that sold Pea in the Pod and Motherhood (by the way, Pea in the Pod owns Motherhood - Motherhood is just slightly less expensive) and they had bras, however the lady said that their E cups were really just DD. She suggested I go to Lane Bryant. I go there and Lane Bryant goes has DD, DDD, and then they SKIP E cup and go straight to F...ARRRGHHH!!! I know that in America there has to be big boobie women who get pregnant and need maternity bras! I live in California and with all the fake boobs you would think I would have not have a problem locating them.

I found some on line, but I kinda don't want to spend $75 dollars for a bra. My search continues...:-(. Ok long rant over.

Happy Valentines day to those who celebrate it.

Just to be clear, by "them" I meant maternity bras. I am not trying to locate big boobie women LOL.

Girls - Quick post... I am speechless at the moment...

Had the FS appt and had a vaginal scan.... and there are THREE.
Yes, THREE.
TRIPLETS!!!!!
Saw and heard all three heartbeats... all strong, around 150 bpm...
2 were bigger, 12.5 & 12.1 (7weeks, 3 days ~) and one smaller, 8.7 (6 weeks, 6 days)...

oh my Lord.... I am terrified. Doctor was quite surprised and said my 38-yr-ovaries really beat the odds... I had only released 3 eggs, so odds of ALL three fertilizing and implanting are crazy.... Dr. said there is really nothing to do now but wait and see how they progress... and to TRIPLE my folic acid... will see me in 2 weeks for another scan.

DH was there & stunned too... He met me back at home with 3 dozen roses and card that just said "WOW! I love you...."

I really, really am speechless right now.... :) :) :)

AustinGurrl - CONGRATS on Triplets!!!! I am sure that is surprising news, but WONDERFUL news as well! Perhaps MA's dream was about you! LOL.

Yes, THREE.
TRIPLETS!!!!!
2 were bigger, 12.5 & 12.1 (7weeks, 3 days ~) and one smaller, 8.7 (6 weeks, 6 days)...

oh my Lord.... I am terrified. Doctor was quite surprised and said my 38-yr-ovaries really beat the odds... I had only released 3 eggs, so odds of ALL three fertilizing and implanting are crazy.... Dr. said there is really nothing to do now but wait and see how they progress... and to TRIPLE my folic acid... will see me in 2 weeks for another scan.

DH was there & stunned too... He met me back at home with 3 dozen roses and card that just said "WOW! I love you...."

:rofl: Your hubby's comment is hillarious.

I too had three follies. I'm nervous now but excited to finally see what's in there already.

My beta is 3596 and Progesterone is 36 so the numbers are up from the 470 last time. I have another set of labs on Monday then they said they'll set me up for my first early sonogram. Having lost Jackson in second trimester, they have to be sure all is well in there. Goodness I'm on pins and needles with all this waiting.

I'm trying to solely trust in the Lord.

Congrats!! Holy Cats.:happydance::happydance::happydance::baby::flower:

Yes, THREE.
TRIPLETS!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
WHOA!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Congratulations!!! And praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy!!!!!!

FYI - GNC sells high-dose folic acid. I have to take 4 mg/day because of a gene mutation I have, and most prenatals only have 1mg. Most places only sell it in small doses and I was going to have to take like 10 extra pills/day, but then I found it at GNC in 1000mcg (1mg) tablets, so I only have to take 3/day in addition to my regular prenatal vitamin. And if you join their little gold card club, you get an additional discount the first week of each month.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Holy Cr@p, AustinGurrl!! I just about choked on my cereal when I read that! Congratulations!!! And congrats for having a hubby that handled the news so well, too! (I think mine would've keeled over from a heart attack with that kind of news!)

Woo-HOO!!!!
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Oh - and you might want to think about changing your screen name to Phoebe Buffay... :lol:

Yes, THREE.
TRIPLETS!!!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: You don't even have ms!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!! :yipee: Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :baby::baby::baby:

WOW what news for my first log on in 6 days! Congrats AustinGurrl!!!

Angela so sorry to read about your dad :cry: I hope everything went as well as it can at the funeral :hugs:

I don't have time to read, just got to work. I was in the North doing outreach clinics in one of the underserviced areas last Thursday/Friday then we visited my in-laws who live 40 minutes away. Just came home last night. My baby girl is growing up!!! She's now clapping her hands when we sing, and saying "num num num" when she wants booby or when we feed her something she likes!!! :cloud9:

I will try to log on daily to make sure I don't fall so far behind and am able to participate in the discussion!

Hugs to all!

LOL Chris just saw your last post, Phoebe Buffay!!!

Oh and boobies? Here, pre-pregnancy, 30C and now nursing me, 32G :dohh: DH not complaining though :haha:

Morning Ladies and now it's my turn . . . .

Holy Shit!! Ok maybe not pc, but I think a cuss word is in order here. Wow Austingurrl!!! I am so excited for you!!! I am also impressed DH took it so well. like Sunshine, my Dh would probably fall over. That's such good news!!! Time to rethink the whole work thing huh?? I was going to comment on maternity clothes and where to find them but do they make maternity clothes in sizes? Not to say you're destined for a mumu for the next few months, but that explains why your searching for maternity clothes so soon. Again so excited.!!

Missmuffett, Thanks for the Old Navy idea, would have never thought of it. We have an old Navy outlet here, will hope they carry maternity clothes. BTW, :laugh2::laugh2: at the big boobs comment. They"re not kidding when they say California is a planet all unto itself. I used to fly to orange county when I was working for United and the degree of fake boobs and face-lifts that came out of that airport were amazing!! It's like another planet. I'm not saying it doesn't exist other places, but they take it to a whole new level in cali!! One would think with all that cleavage large bras would exist in plenty, good luck with the hunt!!

Sunshine, I know what you mean by the weight gain, I too am in the same boat, but was carrying about 15 extra pounds into the pregnancy for my liking. Unfortunately, during the first trimester I have been a slave to my hormones and appetite. Now that ms is fading I hope to control my eating just a little bit better. I also know what you mean by living in hickville. In Colorado we don't have trader Joes because it's illegal to sell booze in the grocery store. Try the candy isle for candied ginger, maybe less calories than cookies.

HA, I've also found high doses of folic acid at Vitamin cottage, 1000mcg. Like you I was advised to take 5mg a day, so I am popping a ton of pills too!

AFM, the down side is that I've been up since 4:45 unable to sleep. The bright side is that I am up early enough to write on my laptop. I also feel crappy this AM, guess MS isn't completely done with me yet. This is also the first day of the belly band. First morning where even my biggest pants aren't fitting properly. Hope everyone has a good day, I think there will be more multiples on this thread in the future. Little secrete, I keep referring to my belly as the babies. No reason for it, just they way I'm thinking. Will know next week.

Have a good one!! Sorry of the novel. Anna

Anna I had such bad MS I gained 10 lbs in the first 12 weeks because the only way I prevented the puking was by popping a soda cracker every 10 minutes. And the washroom at my office is a good 5 minutes hike away. I understand!!! I was on Diclectin the whole pregnancy to curtail the puking. Didn't get rid of the constant nausea though. I really hope the second time around I won't be sick constantly :-(

Oh so sorry you have that darn insomnia of first trimester :-( I had that too. Gave up on sleeping past 4AM most mornings and knitted baby sweaters :haha:

The new recommendations for folic acid are 4mg for everyone. I don't think this is a well known fact yet, but that is what I am recommending for my patients. The idea is that most women forget to take their 1mg daily, and that by taking 4mg a few times a week it will make up for that. PLUS new evidence is suggesting that 1mg daily may not be enough for some people (i.e. with specific genetic variants in the genes involved in folic acid metabolism) and that suggesting 4mg daily for everyone will help with this as well. It sucks that prenatal vitamins only have 1mg of folic acid. I just buy folic acid on the side and take an extra 3 pills (they are 1mg, trying to find some pills that are 5mg) every morning since we are NTNP right now :)

Addendum: Old Navy has awesome maternity clothes, about the only place that sold XS (hard time finding that!) to XXL.

Morning Ladies and now it's my turn . . . .

Holy Shit!! Ok maybe not pc, but I think a cuss word is in order here. Wow Austingurrl!!!

Oh believe me, that's not the only 4-letter word uttered in our house last night... :blush:

Awwwwhhh, thanks to all of you so much for the support & congrats... and Chris - LMAO on the Phoebe Buffay comment.... Seriously!!
Chris - I KNOW, still no MS... I am knocking on wood as I write this.... :thumbup:

Nope, the shock hasn't worn off... On the bright side, much less concerned about the weight gain, as it makes a bit more sense now... and there is sure no sense in worrying about it with this news.... On the scary side, all I keep reading about are complications and how much harder and high-risk multiples are... We have decided that we simply can't tell folks now, as we don't know what may happen... Which is why YOU GIRLS are SOOO wonderful to talk to... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: THANK YOU ALL for support and encouragement and a place to air these crazy feelings!

MA - Your numbers sound wonderful! My FS wanted to wait til 7 1/2 weeks so that we could see heartbeat(s)... Lucky for you that you may get a scan even sooner!!! Can't wait to hear about it!!

Anna - Hope you feel better soon!! I think its awesome you are still wearing your pants!!! I know what you mean about starting from behind... I had gained a little over 15 lbs from the fertility drugs when learned I was pg... oh well... lol... And the insomnia is a major pain in the behind!!! Indeed.

HA - thanks for the tip on Folic Acid... I bought 100 (something - can't recall the measurement) at CVS last night, but may go to GNC today & look. Sending lots of my evidently "now fertile" ***baby dust**** your way!!

Sorry for long rambling posts... my mind is so scrambled right now that I have no idea how I will get through today at the office...

Junebug- when will the insomnia stop?????? I can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!! I want my husband back! We have been sleeping in different rooms for weeks now because I can't sleep! :brat:

Oh Chris I know, it really sucks :-( I think mine got better around the 16 week mark. Then I slept fine until my belly got too big to be comfortable! Oh and for the heart burn that goes along with 3rd tri sleep problems, Zantac (Ranitidine) 150mg before bed works wonders!!!!

me again,

junebug,thanks for the tip on folic acid, good to know.

svet, I'm with you . . .i hate not being able to sleep! But unlike you it seems to come and go.

MA and junebug and anyone else with any advice. I was so excited this am re: austingurrl's news I forgot my issue. So the other night we had sex and all day yesterday, last night and this morning things don't feel quite right "down there" I don't know if I have a yeast infection, or BV, or if i'm just sore because we haven't been doing it as much lately. I'm swollen and there's a lot of white milky dicharge ( sorry TMI) any advice is appreciated. Don't want to go to doc for nothing.

thanks again!! Anna

Yeast infection Anna! It's fine to use the ovules and internal creams, but NOT the fluconazole pills (oral pill) you can now get over the counter.

thanks! I'll hit the store on the way home. My pregnancy book says not to self medicate, but I think it's a yeast infection too. Thank for the advice. Anna

Good morning ladies. I had a bit of insomnia myself last night so am extremely sleepy today.

For those suffering ms, you can go to most maternity stores and definitely Babies R Us and pick up MS lollipops. I don't know what the calories are, but I am sure that they aren't as high as eating cookies all day.

Anna - it is more than likely a yeast infection. I have been avoiding sex with my hubby for the past few weeks because I got one and it sucked! Of course with last night being Valentine's day, there was really nothing I could do. I have another dr. appointment on Thursday so I may have her "check" for it again.

However, i have to tell you, since being pregnant sex is weird for me. I start to get very weirded out by the fact that my daughter is in there while we are doing the do.

AFM - I FINALLY found some bras that I hope will fit. I had to go to Bigger Bras.com to find them! I picked out 3 that were on sale for $37.00. I am going to wait until May to buy more because if Junebug went from a C to a G once she started breastfeeding. I may be looking at an H cup later on. Oy Vey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->