35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Happy Friday!

Welcome to the world, Ethan Daniel! Great name, Angela.... so glad to hear you are both doing well!!

Looking forward to hearing how Terri is doing!

Junebug - congrats to you for the cloth diapers! I have NO idea how they even work... I have never changed a diaper in my life! Scary, huh? God sure has a great sense of humor... guess it will be trial by fire for me! :) I am intrigued by the idea... especially with triplets, I cannot imagine how many diapers... on a daily basis! The cost $$$ and to the environment... I'm not a hippy chick by any means, but I do realize disposables are a big problem... Definitely an issue that merits discussion...

Sunshine - I hear ya on the weight loss... I have on a pair of cute maternity capri jeans today & realized something as I was getting ready... The bigger our bellies get, the smaller our legs will look in jeans... YAY - Bring on the belly! :) Now, shorts are another story... :dohh:

Steph - on Bfing... again, for me its kinda like the diapers... NEVER even have really thought about it... I was def planning to learn about it and try with one... with trips, I just don't know how the logistics work :) I mean, 2 boobs, 3 babies... I guess you alternate - one with a bottle? I can already see that DH & I will likely become obsessive about FAIRNESS... we are already like that with the fur babies! :)

MA - So sorry to hear your MS is still so hard and then the gastro issues on top of that! I sure hope you can start to get some relief soon! Grilled cheese sandwiches rock, don't they?

Hope everyone else is having a fine Friday... DH is off to CA for a business trip again... :( but he will be back late, late tonight... Its just funny as he NEVER traveled that much before... We are hoping to get the yard in shape & clear out all the dead stuff... Spring is just around the corner in Texas! Which will make way for those 100+ temps in the summer! Yay! Not.

We are having dinner with some dear friends on Sat... and are planning to spill the beans! DH remarked the other night that it isn't quite as real, because we haven't told anyone. I agree. We have agreed that right now our announcement is that we are pregnant. Period. Until we know results of testing and how things will turn out, we just don't feel comfortable sharing the multiples news yet... I wish we could. But should make for a fun evening! Happy weekend to all!

PS - Junebug, you made me sigh.... "a glass of wine".... how I miss thee! :)

Welcome Titi!!!! So excited to hear your news!!!! :) :) :)
Did you have your blood test yet?

Welcome Titi!!!! So excited to hear your news!!!! :) :) :)
Did you have your blood test yet?

Hi, AustinGurrl! :shrug: Had them this morning so I am anxiously awaiting the afternoon call from the FS office to get the results. Progesterone, estrogen, TSH and beta. Still alot of praying going on. Then back in Monday for the same round of tests and then 3/14 for a sonogram.

Will let you know!

LOVE the name Ethan Daniel, Rottpaw! I wish you nothing but happiness (and, perhaps, some sleep) as you bond with your new little boy. :flower:

Have fun telling your friends tomorrow, Austin! We're telling one couple that we're good friends with next weekend, but I think we'll wait for another week or so after that before we make it common knowledge. Can't wait!

Okay, ladies - I'm in slight panic mode. I've been having mild lower back pain all morning, almost like when you move wrong and get a spasm. Only it's extremely mild. Has anyone else felt this towards the end of the 1st trimester? I'm trying to figure out if it's normal or if I should call my OB (I was just there yesterday afternoon, and we heard a good heart beat). But she WAS poking around in there, so I'm wondering if this is in response to that?

Am I being paranoid?

Hey, Titi - we must have been posting at the same time...

Good luck with the results - keep us posted!

Good Friday Morning!!!

Wow can't believe how much has happened in the last 24 hours! I had 3 pages to catch up on!

Frist, Angela yehhhhh so happy for you, DH and little Ethan. Love the name! So good to hear you are well. Can't wait for the whole birth story!

junebug, thanks so much for the workout DVD web site! I feel as if some strength training will really help my body feel better and recover faster after. Placenta family dinner??? Yuck!!

sunshine, I had to really limit my reading of some other threads because I got too freaked out by the horror stories. You start to forget people have healthy full term pregnancies. Limit your access!

Missmuffet, I will never be a size 2 or 4 either. I am 5'8" and currently a size 10. I am happiest when i'm a size 8. Congrads to almost getting to the third trimester! So awesome! How are you feeling?

ma, no one knows better than we do what you're going through! I never did puke, wish I had, just bad nausea. I am sorry about the poops. I had the opposite problem, though not as bad as others and now that i'm able to eat healthier again seem pretty normal. According to my books, every woman is diffeerent so don't stress too much, but since you have an appt. with the doc I would check it out just in case.

AFM, well I screwed up . . . Showed up at the doc office yesterday and found out my appt is today. I felt stupid! So not much to tell other than i'm almost out of regular pants. I can fit into the pair of jeans i'm wearing now, but I think next week will be the last. All other pants require the belly band. I was really hoping to make it another two weeks until 16 weeks, but I don't think that's realistic. Going down to denver this weekend, will hit old navy while there.

BTW, thanks for all the great web sites everyone! I am thinking cloth diapers as well after seeing a friend use them with her twins. I will get the brand name. They came in all these different colors! Too cute!

crap it takes me so long to post that others post at the same time . . .

titti, yea on blood work, with all your symptoms i'm sure everything is going to be great!!

austin, it's fun to tell friends, we're finally telling people, just told my mother in law last night!!

sunshine, if your worried, call the OB. If they tell you it's nothing then at least you know. That way you've covered your bases.

it's snowing today . . . I'm ready for summer!

Hi ladies! Thank you for all the well wishes and love!

Sorry to keep dropping in without reading back; we are still in survival mode LOL. But here is a cute pic we took this morning - here's our little guy!

Hugs and more news soon, I promise!

Attachments

• Ethan and Daddy.jpg
    Ethan and Daddy.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
Rottpaw, he is - hands down - the most beautiful newborn I've ever seen!! It's amazing how much he looks like his 3D pic, too...

Thank you for posting!

Sorry to keep dropping in without reading back; we are still in survival mode LOL. But here is a cute pic we took this morning - here's our little guy!

He is such a sweeheart!

Angela – YAY on choosing a name. I absolutely love it!!!! And he is ADORABLE. Thank you so much for the photo. I hope that you are still getting some rest.

June – Thanks for the additional shopping websites!

Austin – Have fun telling your friends. It is always so cool to tell people of your pregnancy and it definitely makes it more real to tell people. I still have to say to myself…I AM PREGNANT everyday, because it seems so surreal.

Titi – Good luck with your tests!

Sunshine – You probably have pulled something in your back or twisted the wrong way. That happens to me often. However, it doesn’t hurt to call your Dr.

Pablo – Ha ha on going to the Dr on the wrong day! As you get further along, your “pregnancy memory” only gets worse. Check that the Old Navy you are going to has a Maternity section because not all of them do. Have fun shopping for clothes. I think I was about 16-18 weeks when I bought my first Maternity clothes but the weeks prior to that I had started to wear my hubby’s jeans (I still wear his shirts sometimes – like today… I work for the Walt Disney Company and try to wear Disney Paraphernalia every Friday, but my shirts no longer fit ).

MA – The nausea will get better. I do understand about the pooing. When I was small I used to get constipated very easily. Since being pregnant, the opposite has happened. Perhaps it is the prenatal pills…

AFM – FINALLY my hubby felt the baby kick!! Last night she was moving around a LOT and my hubby put his hand on my belly and felt our daughter kick a few times! He even saw my belly move where she was kicking. I was so happy that I almost cried. Anyway, I am late for a meeting, but will check back soon!

Have a great Friday!

Best,
Steph

Breathing a BIG sigh of relief ladies. Just got my blood tests results for 4w 1 day and they are all really good :thumbup::

Beta: 198
TSH: 2.72 (was at 4 last week & should be less than 3)
Prog: 40

I feel like I have gotten past 1 more milestone. Counting my blessings today for sure.

I have been lurking on this thread for a couple of weeks. Can't believe it but I believe I have officially graduated with a faint but definitely there :bfp: on a FRER test! DH sees it. My sister sees it and says that is exactly what her FRER test looked like with my 4 yr old nephew early on in her pregnancy. So I guess I am not going nuts.

I am so happy but sooo nervous because of my history. I so hope this is my sticky bean!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

ok me again . .

got test results negative for downs and the other thing they tested for!! Yeh such a load off. Nurse said he was ushually really good at giving test results,didn't know why he hadn't called yet. Maybe he wanted to tell me in person so he could sell me some hats! Anyhoo, thought i'd share. Yehhh doing my own little happy dance.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
It is such a relief isn't it!!

Rottpaw he is just the cutest lil button! He is gonna be a handsome man!!

Rottpaw, he is - hands down - the most beautiful newborn I've ever seen!! It's amazing how much he looks like his 3D pic, too...

Thank you for posting!

Thank you girls! :cloud9:

And Sunshine, it's been so funny, several people have been surprised that he was delivered naturally; everyone thinks he was a section because his head was not misshapen at all. My mom immediately said "that's the most perfect newborn I've ever seen; they rarely come out looking like that!" LOL We of course think he's gorgeous! But I am sure we are just a little biased! :haha:

I too think that he looks EXACTLY like his 3D. In fact, the expression in his 3D photo is one that he wears often when he sleeps, and I recognize a lot of his other expressions from our 3D session. Very cool!

Oh my gosh, he's SO cute! What was his weight and height? He looks like he came out holding a sub in one hand and a football in another. :cloud9::happydance::flower:

He's VERY cute!

Well, I had my appointment with the perinatologist. She was very kinda and compassionate.

So, I'm a bit hesitant at the plan she's set forth for me, and I'm praying that this will be enough to prevent another loss and not wait too darn long before actually putting things in to play.

First of all, baby is doing well. Heart Rate is 176. I'm having nausea and the baby is literally at my bum and it's causing me to have a bm every 15 to 30 minutes. It feels awful.

As far as the plan, she said that with my last pregnancy there was no Incompetant Cervix showing at the time throughout my pregnancy. She said this is a case that's in her words "unique". She said what does show up is the issue of inflammation. I lost my mucus plug on the highway and then the nurse practitioner overlooked the chronic BV I had at the time. We know that the BV infected the cervix area where there was no mucus plug to protect. NOW, I DID feel like baby was waving through my vagina. We're unsure if that was actually IC because she said there were no signs of my cervix showing IC.

What she said she wanted to do is for the next several weeks, she wants to measure the cervix and watch it closely. She said she wanted to start Progesterone shots week 16 and then depending on the measurements, she said she would place the cerclage in at 16 to 20 weeks.

From everything I've heard in here, it's more beneficial to place the cerclage in as PREVENTATIVE 14 wks or sooner.

I lost my son at 22wks, but she's not so sure it was IC and says I really don't have a history of showing it. So I don't know what to think of it all

I'm pretty sick. The nausea is BAD, but the poo'ing is awful. I'm talking every 15 to 30 minutes and since yesterday at 1pm, it's loose (sorry for the tmi) I'm nauseated and it seems when I eat the past two days, I poop it right out. I just feel sick all the way around. The past twenty four hours I've been pretty much in bed resting with exception to going to the perinatologist. I think if this keeps up more than the weekend, we'll go back and have it checked out.

I was offered drugs for the nausea, but I don't want to take too many drugs.

Right now, Doug has me on the BRAT diet. I'm having rice and Wanton soup.

Saw baby quickly. Doing well and heart rate is 176

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->