35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

:rofl: I had to turn the grooming over to hubby once I couldn't see what I was doing. He was only too happy to oblige but, as many mentioned, I was afraid he'd take off too much! We both ended up pretty happy though because the girls on my march group reminded all of us that labor and delivery is a, well, messy process. So the less hair down "there" the better for L&D purposes. And having gone through it now, I can attest - less is definitely better if you are like me and have to get stitches!

:rofl:

glad everyone is doing well! this will be a quick post from me becasue my brother in law is in town. More later!

Hi everyone,
I know some of you from the TTC #1 35+ post. Hope it's okay if I join you ladies!

I'm going to start reading your posts from the beginning and will lurk for another week until after my first scan next Thursday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! So happy about MA's good news today! :)

Hi everyone,
I know some of you from the TTC #1 35+ post. Hope it's okay if I join you ladies!

I'm going to start reading your posts from the beginning and will lurk for another week until after my first scan next Thursday.

Welcome stranger! :hi: :hugs: :flower:

Look forward to chatting with you in here :thumbup::kiss:

YAY Rebekah - glad that your appointment went well!!! Please keep us posted.

Lava - Hey there and welcome!

In terms of the shaving - I went by touch for a while and then just had my DH do it. Yes, he took a lot off, but I figured he was the only one that could see it and/or looking at it so what did I care LOL.

Oh and to answer I think Chris #2 question a few pages back (sorry if it was someone else) the Pre-eclampsia did indeed make me give birth 2months early. My bp was soo high and the pre-eclampsia so severe that the only way to alleviate it was to deliver the baby -so I had an emergency c-section.

Anna - how far is your town from Denver/Castle Rock? I have family in the denver area (castle rock and parker).

AFM - Katelyn put did put on weight. She is almost 5lb's now and probably will be in about 3-4 days. We have to go back in 2 weeks for another weight check. I will say while on Maternity leave time does fly and the days are starting to run together as it is feed the baby, change the baby, and pump (oh and try and sleep!) LOL. Before I know it it will be September and time to go back to work :-(. Disney has a daycare facility on the next block from where i work, however there is a 2 year waiting list (which I am on) so now I have to see about daycare for baby girl. I don't know if I wnat strangers taking care of her and I will miss her lil face..Anyone else having these thoughts? Seriously I could kiss my DD little cheeks and stare at her all day long!

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Off to sleep for a few hours before the 1:30am feeding :).

Best,
Steph

It's dawned on me that Sat. is here. Sunday is 23 weeks. :cry: I'll have made it officially past milestone week on Sunday. :happydance: New territory for me. \o/

Yeh It's Friday!!

Hi all, hope everyone slept well. Another hiking morning for me, just two women and two dogs this AM. Good side effect is that it's 8am here and I don't have to be at work for another two hours so I get to write on my lap top instead of my phone and this is much easier. Believe it or not all those long posts are mostly composed on my phone at work

Svet, great long post and your note taking was excellent! For the record I live in Breckenridge Colorado, it's a ski town located at 9600 Ft above sea level so our winters are long. I know what you mean by the big bump. I feel like my girl must have had a growth spurt last week because I am feeling huge and worried how big I might get. Still 2 1/2 months to go! Sorry for the long wait lists in day care. I thought it was bad here with a six month wait. Good luck on the exam coming up, I know you'll pass this time! As for the registry, how do you know what you need? Are there lists some place? Some place where I can find out exactly what we need? So fearful I will get home from the hospital and I have nothing I really need.

Sunshine, I doubt you are as big as you say you are. I am absolutely positive you look beautiful! And yes, for the record it will all be worth it, it will all be worth it!!

CJ, I'm a planner too, and yes a new born with toddler and alone would be hard. Perhaps the wait is worth it.

MA, good luck this AM with the doc and hope the wait isn't horrific like last time!

Big hugs to all I've missed :hugs::hugs::hugs:

So I have a general question goings out to all . . . this may be a bit TMI, but I can't see "down there" anymore and it's summer, and I'm a hairy girl and well . . . what to do? I'm not a fan of waxing, too many in growns but other than free wheeling a razor down there where I can't see what I'm doing or if I might cut something doesn't seem like a good idea either. Any advice???

Other than that just looking forward to the weekend. I have girl friend who is coming into town with her baby and I plan on picking her brain. She is also bringing clothes and a baby swing!!!! Have a good weekend. I will check back in later today. xxx Anna

:rofl:
Hubby with razor or veet and a mirror for you to instruct how you want it?? I'm getting a wax just before. OH wants a brazillian for me, and I said I will if you will, otherwise just a tidy up and maybe a landing strip??

Hi everyone,

Yay yay welcome over!

Happy weekend all!

Had a oh dear moment today while out shopping. I was wearing a white t-shirt and looked down and I had severely leaked through my bra and all over my t-shirt! :blush: I was mortified and glad I had a sweatshirt to put on!
Off to buy some pads tomorrow. Didn't think I would need them pre-baby.

I've heard that in the forums Viv. Wonder if this means you'll have quite the supply when baby comes? I'm praying I get some in and am able to bf'd but if it doesn't happen, it'll be okay too as long as she's happy. Though I wish something were guaranteed to work on my body. :haha:

Can't sleep and it's 2am here. I'll get there, just have the blues tonight. Not because of the milestone issue, just kinda in a pickle-puss kinda mood I suppose. Maybe it's that Doug is going in to work for 4 hours on his day off. We don't get to see a whole lot of each other and I like spending time with him on his off hours. I am blessed though that he's taking these extra hours not to be away but to provide for his wife and child to come. So I have much to be grateful for and it's only 4 hours.

Enjoy your weekend ladies! :flower:

MA I had no leak whatsoever before baby came, had a C-section and had no problems making TONS of milk!!! So glad your scan and apt went so well, and I'm so excited for you for your 23 week milestone!!!

Welcome Lava!!! Congrats!

I'm going to see the Glee concert with my childhood friend today! She has 3 kids, found a sitter, I'm leaving Z with DH and mom (who is visiting from Ottawa, 5 hours away). A nice afternoon out, baby free!!! I'm such a Gleek, I got the Wii Karaoke games for mother's day ;-)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Oh I love Glee. Doug will put up with it, but he's not a fan of the content sometimes. I figure I'm an adult though. :winkwink: Or at least most of the time I TRY to be an adult. :haha:

So two weeks ago I ordered and received my organic cloth prefolds (only 2 dozen to see if I need more later since it's in the Newborn size).

Today I ordered 8 Thirsties Duo. Colors honeydew,rose,orchid and white in both Aplix and Snaps. Wanted to see which would work for Amelia and I've heard there can be a difference with skinny babies and chunky so I thought I'd try them both and see. From there I'll go into AIO's or AI2's but I've heard EXCELLENT things about the Cloth-eez brand and their ability to soak up a whole lot of baby peepee.

It's exciting ordering these things.

I'm going out for lunch today and Doug will pay on the nursery layaway. I can't BELIEVE that the middle/end of next month, we'll be getting the nursery stuff out and I'll be 28wks. :happydance: I couldn't DREAM of making it that far and not it just seems SO exciting!

I love glee too! We just started watching it on demand, but even hubby loves it!

Everyone enjoy the day! We are chilling by the pool and even Ethan loves the music and the noise of the water!

Oh MAN the show was awesome!!! Makes me want to start singing and dancing again!!! Awwww Angela so cute Ethan likes the sound of running water, it IS so peaceful...

ACK we BD'ed last night and forgot to use protection (didn't have a chance to really, without ruining the momen :blush:) , so we'll see what happens. I kind of have been freaking out since, but DH is telling me we'll see what happens and it'll all work out one way of the other. I'm probably fine since I don't think I O'ed yet (only getting faintly positive OPKs today) so unless DH has super sperm they'll all be gone by then! I'm really torn. I just want to say screw practicality, and let's go for it again tonight to REALLY try properly...

you are SO ovulating! Those are very dangerous hormonal thoughts :haha:

I'm with Terri CJ! :rofl: if you are getting positive OPK's you'll OV in the next day or so and those sperm are good for days! LOL!

I know what you mean though. I keep thinking I want to just leave it up to God, which I believe is the right thing to do, but scares me that I will just wham get pregnant again right away, when my dr. said wait at LEAST 9 months (she wasn't considering our particular fertility timeline when she said that though). I'm still hoping we'll be able to start trying about Sept. But we shall see; I need to discuss with both our FS and my OB before we try.

Hugs ladies! I'm off to bed early to get some rest - little guy is still getting us up between 4-5.

Nite nite! They're not really positive, they're half the intensity of the control band, but the last time I had these (even a bit weaker) I had my period 2 weeks later!

Why wait 9 months Angela? Did she give you a reason? Mine said 6 because of the C-section... I'm wayyyyy beyond that now!

mine said to wait a year before having another baby. hmm. Also, i am the same as junebug rebekah. no leakage during pregnancy, c-section, and no issues with milk production.

sorry for the lowercase and typos have katelyn in my arms.

have a good nite everyone

Hey Girls :)))
Sorry for being a stranger for so long :) I was really worried if this baby would stick for a while. Than I was on holiday last 10 days and was fighting over the only computer with DH :) There was quite a few heartaches over the 35+TTc thread lately so I kept following them. Although one lovely news came through this month. Lava is here too now :happydance::happydance: Yaaaay!!!!!

I hope to catch up with all in a couple of days :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->