35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Hey ladies! For those asking about diaper disposal, we got the diaper champ, not the diaper genie. The advantage of the diaper champ is you can use any garbage bag and do not need refills of a particular brand. What we do is dispose of poopy diapers in the diaper champ and pee-only diapers in the regular kitchen garbage. Works great so far and sveta there is NO odor in the house. I know because I have the world's most sensitive nose, lol! It works great and we only have to empty it when it is full.

Thanks for the info, Angela. :thumbup: Do you have the newer version, or one of the older ones? The reason I ask is that the reviews I've read are awesome for the older one, but not so much for the newer version. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much "poo-poohed" (tee-hee I made a funny) :haha:

They say the newer one is extremely top-heavy and a real pain in the you-know-what when it's time to change the bag. I assume you're not running in to these problems?

I really like the idea of not having to buy special refills for it though...

morning all!

First i'd just like to say CJ the size of your brain is truly amazing! Your post was awesome! Love how my posts are ," how do you shave your crotch?" and yours read like a doctoral thesis. LOL That was a great piece of information! And for the record, I too was not pressured at all by my doctors to do testing. In fact my doctors were pushing against an amnio and I insisted. Again not to terminate, but to be prepared. I'm a planner.

MA, I hope you got some rest last night! I HATE not sleeping.

Sunshine, austin, Rottpaw, thanks for the info regarding diaper pails. Still so much to learn. We got one as a hand me down, will have to see what model it is.

Austin, have you signed up for amazon mom yet? I need to. Just wondering.

AFM, nothing new. I was writing up the work schedule for the summer yesterday and came to my due date. Makes me realize how close we are! Crazy. Hope everyone has a good day!! Anna

First i'd just like to say CJ the size of your brain is truly amazing! Your post was awesome! Love how my posts are ," how do you shave your crotch?" and yours read like a doctoral thesis.

:rofl: :rofl: Oh man you make me laugh! I have had my share of crotch-shaving-like posts :haha:

Too funny, Anna!!! :rofl:

Junebug - I just now had the time to really read that post. Extremely informative, and I thank you for the time you put in to it. :flower:

Hey! I just noticed that according to my ticker I've officially graduated from a triple digit to a double digit countdown - 99 days to go! :happydance:

Codegirl so cute your little one's get along. I bet they would be great friends when they grow a little. My close friend had 2 boys one after the other. The lo is almost 2 and the older one is 3,5. It's so cute when they play :)) But recently they started running about and getting louder, Hahahahhaha!!!

Charmain, I think an in house nanny at the beginning would be a necessity for you rather than a luxury. I bet your Dh will appreciate it more once he has a night's sleep with three little girls crying next door :)) Is the nurse during the night or the day by the way? Either way I bet she would be really useful with getting you into a routine and organising all the stuff in the beginning.

Viv how are you? I saw the earthquake images on TV news, it looked so scary. Hope things have calmed down a bit.

MA :hugs::hugs: Can you not go and see a nutritionist on your insurance hon? I think parents with perfectly clear genetic histories can still make defected babies because of an occasional bad egg or sperm I think. Woow just read Junebug's reply which is so detailed :))

Sunshine can't believe you're already 6 months gone. :happydance: I think it's a good idea to get a diaper bin. When my friend changes her babies nappy at our place, the whole room starts smelling straight away if I don't take the bin out. Especially bad since I have an open plan kitchen.

Hi, Swetya can you pls attach the link? Although I'm in the beginning of my pregnancy I wouldn't mind a quick peak to c what we are in for.

Anna what a scare with spotting. I had it after my terribly long and rough train journey to Italy. Completely freaked out since it was bright red. But luckily didn't last. Glad you are better now. I'd like to c the picts of the nursery too pl. How exciting. :) What's syrup Nazi by the way?

Codegirl and Junebug why do you use cloth diaper? What is the advantage? Are they easy to use?

Junebug are you a dr? Thank you for such detailed info. I dunno about the timing of these tests. Would I be informed about it by my dr? For your OPK question it's also good to follow EWCM as well as OPK since they should actually overlap or be very close to each other.

AFM I finally relaxed a little about this pregnancy. Which turns out not so great in some ways. I'm still on a lot of medication. And I started missing out my med times. Today I reached out and swallowed an extra steroid pill instead of asprin. (Both little white tablets with similar packaging) Than had to force myself to throw up. :dohh: Hope it all cleared out. I guess I need to stay more focused. Can't wait to get the first trimester out of the way. Also I keep waking up at nights and can't go back to sleep. Usually cause I can't adjust my body heat. Is that a normal thing so early on in pregnancy?

:flower::flower: Girls :)

Hi girls...
Anna - Crotch shaving/maintenance is a very important topic... and not one that you can just bring up anywhere! LOL... Nice to have somewhere to talk about such things & not get embarrassed...
Yep, I signed up for Amazon Mom... I already had an account & is free... haven't bought anything yet, though... We shall see....

Thank you all for the validation re: the outside help... Would love it if my mother was able to help, but she is almost 70 and a smoker, to boot... so, no thanks. Skye - you hit the nail on the head about getting us on a schedule... A high price $$$ to pay, but worth its weight in gold, I am told... :) OH... it would be from 10pm -6am. :)

Also, Skye, re: the nightsweats & insomnia... I had insomnia like crazy up until about a month ago... not every night, but def at least a few times a week. What helped me was getting up out of bed, laying in the recliner and reading while having a glass of milk or water... usually I would fall back asleep in 20-30 minutes... but it beat tossing and turning in bed... It really stinks, cause you are already soooo tired, I am sure... Hang in there....

Another 100 degree day in Texas... it's just awful. My dad keeps talking about the drought of '53.... they are saying this one will be just as bad or worse. Needless to say, I am staying inside....

Stay cool & take care, everyone!
Charmaine

We cloth because it's cheaper. I know lots of people can spend a lot on their cloth stash but we chose simple fitted diapers (Mother Ease) with covers so they weren't very expensive.

It's also more convinant, never have to run to the store in the middle of the night because we've run out :haha:

Quick pop-in & question...

The test my peri mentioned me having with my ob/gyn tomorrow is a Fetal Fibronectin test... Supposed to give an indication of whether you are at risk for preterm labor...

Anyone had this test?? Would love to hear any insight... Thanks!

https://www.ffntest.com/info/fetal_test.html

Hi, Swetya can you pls attach the link? Although I'm in the beginning of my pregnancy I wouldn't mind a quick peak to c what we are in for.

Here you go...
https://www.toysrus.ca/registry/link/index.jsp?registryNumber=60252389
(careful when browsing because I think that's my personal link and I'd hate to have any items deleted...) :thumbup:

Hopefully it works! There are only 35 items... seems too small now, lol. Not all the items are available online but hopefully the descriptions will give you an idea. I left off big ticket items like furniture, bedding, car seats, strollers etc... We are taking care of that ourselves. Well actually, our parents have been very generous.

Quickie post because I gotta get my game on! Stanley Cup finals tonight! Do or die for my beloved Vancouver Canucks!!!!

:happydance:GO CANUCKS GO!!!:happydance:

hugs & kisses all around! :flower:

Charmaine, I'v heard of it, but haven't had it. Go into gestational complications board and start a thread. I think I remember some having it done!

Code, what kind of mother ease? I was just looking on their website!

I ordered green mountain clotheeze and thirsties duo covers for now. Thought later I'd try some AIO's.

CJ, that's interesting information. Very helpful! Thank you!

Chris #1, too funny! Go watch your Stanley Cup Finals!! Have fun! :hugs:

Still waiting for Viv to pop in!!

We use the Sandy's cotton. I have a couple bambo too but they don't seem to make much difference and were more expensive.. Love them and they are standing up really well on child #2. The only issue I have is that it's hard to tell the two sizes apart as they look the same in the wash :rofl:

If I had to do it over I might be more tempted to buy the colored ones just so I could tell the large from the medium easily :rofl:

detailed washing instructions would have to come from DH as he does the laundry :haha: but we use Rockin' Green Laundry soap and vinager.

We either line dry or throw them in the dryer with dryer sheets like these.

Whew, I just finished reading all 148 pages of posts! There is no way that I can remember everything, but I just want to say that this is the most amazing group of smart, sassy, sweet girls. :flower: There has been tons of information on this thread from umbilical cord clamping, diagnostic testing vs. screening, baby products, tips for pregnancy side effects, and lots of compassionate support each time you face something new and scary. Also, some funny things (vaginal by-pass surgery, shaving tips for down there)! :haha:

I truly hope that I get good results tomorrow at our 1st scan and can stay.

AFM, Thank you also for your encouragement and excitement over this BFP. I know that I did not try to conceive as long as many on the TTC 1st 35+ thread, but I've been a late bloomer and waited to get married and start a family. When I first went to my RE, they diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve and told me in my first consult that DH and I should start thinking about donor egg IVF. On top of these challenging odds, we are struggling with mortgages on two residences that are both underwater (our condo, and my house from when I was a single girl), some school loans, wedding debt, etc. I paid for each of my IUIs by myself from my monthly paycheck and we painfully came to the conclusion that we could not finance IVF. (MA, we took the Financial Peace course at my church and have really changed our ideas about spending). Anyway, I can't tell you how thrilled I am that we were able to conceive, even with my "older eggs" as they told me. I feel guilty that some of my friends from home and on the other board have been trying for some many years for their baby. I almost feel like we don't deserve our BFP. But, I am trying to chase these negative thoughts away and rely on my faith, my DH, and my friends. :hugs:

So, big :hug: to all the girls (and some of those beautiful babies) on this thread: Rebekah/MA, Svet/Chris, Rottspaw/Angela, Pablo, Austin/Charmaine (way to go, triplets!), codegirl, Junebug (Zoe), Sunshine, Steph (Kaitlyn), Lucy (Matilda ... love that name), Chris, Lynnb, Viv, Skye, Miss Muffet. I apologize if I missed anyone. I will try to post tomorrow afternoon after my FS appt. I am so nervous, scared, excited, happy, and ... exhausted. :sleep: Good night everyone! It's finally rainy in Atlanta so I'm hoping that will help me get some shut eye tonight. Love to y'all. Laura

Viv, hun, hoping to read you soon :hugs:

Yay for our new posters, Skye and Lava!!! So excited to have you on board!!!

Skye we use cloth because 1) cheaper in long run 2) reduce our carbon footprint and be environmentally conscious 3) much cuter than sposies (disposables)! I love putting Zoë in dresses with her colourful cloth diapers peeping through :cloud9:. MA I use the same detergent as Terri!

Skye, yes I am a doctor. I am a medical geneticist, i.e. the doctor patients get referred to for genetic infertility work-up as well as abnormal prenatal screening, ultrasound findings, etc... My practice is mostly in adult genetics (as opposed to pediatric genetics) but I love all aspects of my specialty!

Charmaine, I've never heard of the fetal fibronectin test, this must be a recent development! Will read up on it tomorrow, need to keep up with this!

Svet, GO CANUCKS!!! Now that my 2 teams (Sens and Canadiens) are out, I'm rooting for the remaining Canadian team ;-)

Good luck at your apt tomorrow Lava! Keep us posted :hugs:

Nite nite all!!!

Oh Skye, forgot to mention, YES, my OPKs were preceeded by watery and EWCM (started on Wednesday of last week), with the first OPK positive Sunday night. I still had watery CM up until Tuesday AM. I'm having a really hard time with BBT since I'm up at different times in the morning thanks to a teething toddler...

Thanks for the info, Angela. :thumbup: Do you have the newer version, or one of the older ones? The reason I ask is that the reviews I've read are awesome for the older one, but not so much for the newer version. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much "poo-poohed" (tee-hee I made a funny) :haha:

They say the newer one is extremely top-heavy and a real pain in the you-know-what when it's time to change the bag. I assume you're not running in to these problems?

I really like the idea of not having to buy special refills for it though...

Hey Chris! I have not had any problems and love our diaper champ. It was purchased new in late January if that helps...we don't have any issues changing the bag (pretty simple actually) andi have not noticed any problems with it being top heavy. You can operate it with just one hand and I love mine! :haha:

Yes viv please check in!

And YAY lava! Praying for your scan tomorrow!

Hugs all! Got to run to bed but will catch up tomorrow. Love to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->