35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Hi Charmaine. Sounds like the dinner dates are a plan. :winkwink:

As for the padded inserts. I have them on my registry list. I've been told by my own friends they are good to have to keep baby comfortable and safe. Most infant carseats "should" already come with them in but I've seen a whole lot that don't have them and there's only a few of the convertable seats that actually have them. I have one for the stroller, one for the carseat if we need it but I'm told those are EXCELLENT for strollers. I'm sure the others will pipe in as they may have actually tried them out. I'll be interested to hear their input as well.

You totally made me laugh about the ET comment. :rofl: I'd imagine the weight of carrying three would be harsh on ones back. We have a bed that was pretty high because we got the bigger mattresses. We had to take the mattresses off the bed frame for awhile. Though at 28wks I'm thinking I'll just have him put the mattresses back on the bedframe and will use the actual stepping stool to get up there. The frame is in Amelia's room so I'd like to get that out of there and work on her room then.

Oh yeah, the tree's. I found some tree's similar. There are a few themes I'm thinking of buying for the wall since we can't actually paint. Have to see how the room comes out though before buying a decal. I'm stumped on precious bedding with primary colors. :wacko: :haha:

Anna you did it! lol YAY pics! You look great! I really love the nursery too. Totally jealous that yours is all done. I can't wait for mine to be so I can just relax and enjoy my last two months of pregnancy. Everything seems to be a race at the moment....

Lava- massive hugs to you. I am really really truly hoping your instincts are wrong. :hugs:

My hips started hurting around 27-28 weeks. I think it was the relaxin setting in and sperading everything out. It's better now, but I still get cramping at night.

My lil one is SO strong and active it blows my mind! I thought the 22-28 week kicks were cool but man nothing beats seeing your belly actually move and she fills my belly completely so I get poking and prodding and shoving in every direction now. I can even feel her body at times when my belly is less hard and more relaxed. You can totally make out the shape of he position. She has been in the same position for weeks now. I love her so much already it's unreal. :cloud9:

MA- I am sooooooooo freaking excited for you coming up on 24 weeks! Before you know it it will be 28 weeks and then 32 weeks... you get the picture. :winkwink:

We need more pictures ladies!!! xoxo

Better update coming tomorrow ladies. We buried the rest of my dads ashes today. The gathering was lovely but I am emotionally exhausted as well as physically. Hugs, love and prayers all around!

Angela my thoughts are with you. Take it easy today.

Anna i love your nursery and am jealous cuz mine still is not done. Also love the bump photo. I think i will post mine even though baby is born.

Lava you take ur time and we r here. Positivevibes are being sent your way.

June i think katelyn is now on prilosec. I am hoping to see some improvement monn or tuesday. Tired of baby girl having milk come out of her nose and mouth. In the preemie section someone was talking about gumilk ( i think that is what it was) and it gets added to milk and works great

Oh does annyone have suggetions for humidifier brands?

Afm today is my edd and katelyn has been home for a month and 3 days
Have a good sunday!

Best,
Steph

Steph, I love your avatar pic. She is so precious. Can't believe today is your EDD. Crazy how life can throw us curveballs.

Hello ladies!!! I figured out how to tell FF to discount one of my BBT measurements, the morning where I was tossing and turning and wide awake at 5AM but measured at my regular time (sleep deprived plus awake for 2 hours, likely unreliable). When I did that, my ovulation date got shifted back 3 days, making it 2 days after so now according to ticker I'm meant to test on Friday the 24th! I've been POAS with my cheapies and yesterday had an evaporation line appear about 1 hour post, it is pink and quite visible (as opposed to the false negatives I hear about being grey or purplish). We shall see!!!

Steph, she's sooooo cute! I know how you feel, it's frustrating to see milk coming back up :-( Hopefully the meds kick in soon! Zoë had such bad reflux (she wasn't prem) that for 5 weeks she didn't gain, and even lost weight :-( I had to hold her upright 30 minutes after every feed, including the 3 during the night (which meant 30 minutes nursing, 30 minutes holding up, so 3 hours every night). I was exhausted :cry:

Anna, LOVE the bump pick and your nursery is amazing!!!

MA, YAY on 24 weeks!!!! You're doing awesome!!!

Charmaine, great news on the FF test :thumbup:

AFM, having a wonderful father's day! Surprised Nathan with a new BBQ (the one we inherited when we bought the house is so gross, having never been cleaned or maintained for the 5 years prior to our arrival) and my man is a BBQ man! It has 5 independent burners, a rotisserie and a smoker. He is in BBQman-heaven! It's coming Tuesday. It is his birthday gift too (July 17).

:hugs: everyone, going out to read on the balcony while baby naps and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL day!

Hey girls!

Let's see if I can catch up a little bit...

CJ, the BBQ sounds awesome! We bought a new grill a year or so ago and it is LIGHT years better than our old one! No more burned and undercooked spots LOL!

Steph, that is awesome that Katelyn is doing well! I was born 2.5 months early so I understand the significance of passing your EDD. So glad she is home with you and thriving!

Sveta I am so glad you are enjoying the kicks and flips! Isn't it amazing to watch your own stomach move around? :rofl: I still remember the first time I was in the bath and sat forward (I had been leaning back against the back of the tub) and could suddenly *Clearly* see Ethan's head outlined in my tummy. VERY crazy to see! Then I became paranoid that if his head was that cloes to the "surface," I would bump him somehow and hurt him! :wacko: Of course he's fine - more needless worry on my part LOL!

Rebekah, glad you are feeling as well as possible and cruising through these weeks! YAY girl!

Anna, I love the nursery! I need to post some pics of what we've done in Ethan's room so far. It's mostly "done" but still needs wall hangings and some finishing touches. But overall, I love it!

On the hip pain, I definitely developed that in the later months. It gets progressively worse and can be aggravated by too much activity, so for those experiencing it, take it easy! It takes a while after you deliver for your hips and other joints to feel better, too.

On the padded inserts for the carseats, our Chicco Keyfit came with a newborn insert, and we're still using it (even though Ethan is now 14lbs.+). It helps keep him fitting snugly, which I like, but at the same time in the summer it's really hot in the seat so I don't leave him in there except in the car. I love the Chicco travel system and it's been great for us so far.

Oh and Rebekah, I know you are looking for primary colors. My Dad's wife bought us the cutest little collapsible beach/pool chair for Ethan in red, yellow and blue. I will try to post a pic of it and if you like it you can look into getting one for Amelia. I think it would be adorable to sit in the nuresry if those are your colors.

And Anna I love the baby bump pic! I will try to post a couple of my bump pics from my shower. They were not specifically bump pics but Ethan was so huge by then, you could see him across the room! :rofl:

Austin, I mentioned your triplets to a friend yesterday (the friend has twins herself) and we were goggling at the idea of three cribs! :rofl: I agree, that will be a bit of a reality check LOL! The friend loved the little chair I mentioned above (that my Dad's wife bought for EThan) and she sighed and said, "now I gotta get two of those!" - you can't buy just one LOL! But I Think it will be the most amazing experience and you are gonna love having 3 once you get used to it!

To everyone else, Sunshine, Viv, :hi: and :hugs:! STILL no word from Viv? I'm worried about her!

June i know what u mean about holding baby upright. I have been propping her up with the boppy at night.

Awesome about the grill. My hubby is also a bbq expert once tthe grill gets there summer can really begin lol.

Here are a couple pics - the chair I mentioned, Ethan in his carseat with the insert (here, about 12 pounds) and the armoire from his nursery... will post a few more in a second post.

Attachments

• Ethan chair.jpg
    Ethan chair.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
  • carseat.jpg
    carseat.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Armoire.jpg
    Armoire.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2
Here are a few more of the nursery and my little guy! :happydance:

Attachments

• crib with sherpa.jpg
    crib with sherpa.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 4
  • dresser.jpg
    dresser.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5
  • grin.jpg
    grin.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3
  • hutch.jpg
    hutch.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 3
  • monkey.jpg
    monkey.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3
And just a couple more (sorry for all the posts!) - a bump pic from the shower (this was just a few weeks before he was born), a pout (his new trick) and a smiley baby!

Attachments

• pout.jpg
    pout.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Rocker.jpg
    Rocker.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Shower Bump.jpg
    Shower Bump.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 12
  • smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
And one last post from me (sorry ladies!) - on the reflux issue, Ethan definitely has it and we have to prop him up after every feeding for at LEAST half an hour. We are on the Enfamil A/R food for reflux, and it's helping but he still gets it out his nose and always cries. I can't WAIT till he grows out of it, poor little thing!

We are holdign the Zantac in reserve, but may start him on it soon.

Ethan is adorable and your nursery is gorgeous! It looks like something you would see in catalog. Wow i am impressed. And i love the bump photo. I will post mine in a few. It was taken in march and i am huge. Probably a good thing i had her early otherwise i would have looked like i was havimg twins

Thanks steph! The nursery still needs finishing touches but I am pleased with it so far.

Awesome pics Angela! We have the same glider :cloud9: I love it, although because I'm so short I had to keep a pillow to support my lower back. What a cutie pie you have there!!!

Love all the pics Angela! The little chair is cute! :)

Oh yeah, speaking of gliders. After we get the crib and other furniture off layway, I was looking for a glider. Babies R Us has a ton of them and I am SO unsure which ones to get. Which do you all have?? Are they comfortable? Do you feel any flimsyness in them? Some people said their gliders felt flimsy and a couple even said theirs broke. Wondering which brands you both have and where you got them from if you like them!

I keep looking at Amelia's room and sighing. :haha: We have SO much to do before she comes. I think next weekend one of Dougs projects will be to clear out the room with exception of our bed frame. When the maid comes again, I'll have her sweep the floor, mop it and dust anywhere she thinks needs dusting. What a gift our maid has proven to be. SO grateful to God and the company that is giving their service to the community where there is a need. \o/

We need to buy an area rug and then the furniture will go down next month. I think I've found THE BEDDING set and it will be custom made. Not sure when I'll go ahead with those plans yet. I'm thinking on it for awhile. If I do go with it there's no doubt the room will be just beautiful. I DO wish I could paint the walls though. I think a decal will have to do until we figure out what area we'll actually want to buy a home.

I pray all of you are doing well. Lava, still thinking about you dear. Viv, PLEASE let us know your alright! :hugs:

Thanks cj nd MA!

Our glider is a dutalier. We bought it at a local store, but the brand is sold everywhere. I like it because the one we chose fits my frame better (like cj I am shorter) and it is awesome!

Arrrrgggghhhh I wrote a whole huge post and then the wireless crapped out!!!!
Here's an abridged version!!

Hi lovelies :flower:

Sorry I have been MIA and such a drama queen. I think I finally found some pregnancy hormones under a rib! :blush:

I cannot thank you enough for all kind words and sympathy sent my way, it's making me cry ( I'm not a crier by trade) :hugs:

We are well, kick, punch, roll, flip ( I know how you feel Svet)

Have power, water (must be boiled) and limited sewerage, but I at least do not have to share a hole in the garden with the cats anymore :blush: Many are far worse off than that with no power water etc at all in winter.

Saddest news for me this week is the fact that our beloved cathedral in the central city cannot be saved after last earthquake and must be demolished along with the catholic cathedral and it's beautiful dome. :cry: It's like, as long as the cathedral stood so did our city but now....

Have been looking after my mother a bit as her iron facade has cracked this time around and she seems to be slipping into a bit of depression. I have been visiting daily and generally bugging her to take her mind off it!

Pity party over

Have only had a quick read sorry as internet a bit stuffed and may kick me off again any minute

Rebekah-yay for V days
Anna-love the photos and yes I have lower pelvic pain, as Svet said it is the relaxin kicking in
Svet-it's great to see and feel LO move but does remind me of Alien the movie!
Austin-you are wonder woman

Love to all, I will be back :hugs:
Ethan, Tilly, katelyn are all so adorable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly