• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

36 and TTC number 3

AF got me last Friday at 7dpo! No surprise though. My body never cooperates. I started Gonal F and Menopur last night. My ovaries feel like they are going to explode already. Lol We will be doing B2B IUIs this cycle.

Xurfingers so about the BFN. Are you doing IUI this coming cycle?

AF got me last Friday at 7dpo! No surprise though. My body never cooperates. I started Gonal F and Menopur last night. My ovaries feel like they are going to explode already. Lol We will be doing B2B IUIs this cycle.

Xurfingers so about the BFN. Are you doing IUI this coming cycle?

It's Ok, I expected. Yes, I am doing IUI this cycle. I had my baseline yesterday and started Follistim injections yesterday as well. I am currently CD 3 and have an appointment on Friday to see how my follicles are responding :hugs:

Good luck Friday! I go Saturday to check. I expect IUI will be Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Good luck Friday! I go Saturday to check. I expect IUI will be Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Good luck to you as well... I'm hoping for a Valentine's Day Insemination... He he he. Would be too cute! How are you feeling today? I had a massive headache yesterday but it seems to be gone for now and my bleeding has slowed tremendously. Which I kind of expected since I started the meds. How many mature follicles are you shooting for?

Headaches, bloated, and sleepy. So sleepy. Grr. I need energy. For some reason, I get sleepy with Menopur.

If my body does like last time, I will do IUI the 13th or 14th too. That would be cool!

Headaches, bloated, and sleepy. So sleepy. Grr. I need energy. For some reason, I get sleepy with Menopur.

If my body does like last time, I will do IUI the 13th or 14th too. That would be cool!

It's funny that you mentioned Menopur... I have some left over from the IVF last year and was just asking my husband what the Menopur was for... LOL I am taking Follistim only. Can you remind me of the purpose of Menopur? Looks like we may very possibly inseminate the same day... Too cool!!! :)

Menopur is just like Gonal F and Follistim except it also has some of the trigger I think it is to help mature the eggs. I seem to react good with it. I usually get 3 follies on my right side which is my open one.

I do use Gonal f on cds 3 & 4 though too. Maybe we will. Fx we get our BFP the same day too!

How many IUI's have you done, if you don't mind me asking? There are so many different protocol combinations so I guess it's trial and error which usually gets expensive. I'm hoping that this will be successful. It's going to cost $1,800 or so per cycle. Disheartening considering that we are still paying off our failed IVF. We keep reminding ourselves that it will all be worth it someday :) I just can't wrap my brain around 30 months of trying... It was sooo easy to get pregnant in my 20's and seems impossible now. And my worries won't end with a bfp. That's only the first hurdle. Gotta get through the tubes... And it's gotta stick. Sigh. I pray that my body cooperates this time and I pray that yours does also :hugs:

How many mature follicles are you shooting for? My RE said 3-4 but I'm shooting for 5... Even if I need to add a drop or 2 here and there as the cycle progresses. LOL I Know that the likelihood of multiples at my age are low so I refuse to play it safe which I know doctor's are notorious for doing ;)

This is my second IUI. We have been trying for 20 months but we didn't try for 6 months because my brother was killed and then my dad's cancer got worse. He passed Christmas night. So in all we have actually tried 14 months. Adding it up it seems like so little, but it has been 22 cycles.

I am hoping for 4 or 5, but only expect 3. For some reason my left ovary never reacts to the meds which is fine because my left tube is closed. I had 3 distinctive follies on my right ovary at cd2 , I hope they all matured.

My condolences on your father and brother passing.My oldest brother passed this August... So, I understand somewhat what you've been through. I don't blame you at all for taking a break. Goodness! As far as follicles, it is my understanding that Antral follicle counts change with every cycle so your left ovary may have just had a bad month last time but like you said, it's closed anyway. I'm sure that you'll get at least 3. That shouldn't be difficult at all. What is your AMH level? My RE did a quick scan on dc2 and didn't mention my antral count but from what I could see briefly, maybe 6-7 on each side. So, I guess I need to be somewhat cautious. My ovaries are beginning to let me know that they're around now. LOL Definitely not my favorite part of this. This morning, I noticed some EWCM kinda mixed in with my very light menstrual discharge so I'm assuming that my follicles are responding well to the Follistim. My next scan is tomorrow at 8:15 ET and I will be sure to update you. We can compare on Saturday after your scan. I'm hoping that we both have a handful of perspective follicles so we can get this thing in the oven already! :D

Thanks, my condolences as well on your brother passing. My left ovary has never reacted to Clomid or injectables. LOL It doesn't like me. :D I don't remember my AMH l;evel. I had it tested back in Feb 2012. I just remember it was normal. She said that I had a few good baby making years left in me. LOL My RE said tyhatr if we don't get a BFP out of any of the next 3 IUIs then, we will test my hormone levels again before going on to IVF. Good luck tomorrow!! I will defintiely post Saturday after my scan. FX for many follies! We need one in the oven already. OH said we need one in there for each year we have been TTC. I was shocked to hear him speak of twins. He has always been scared of having 2 or more. I guess he has realized how hard this has been and doesn't want to go through it again.

Here's my ultrasound update! I have 4 dominant follicles, 2 in each ovary, measuring 14,13 and 13,13.And many follicles that are much smaller in each as well. I'm going to start doing a slightly higher dose than what the doctor is telling me today... I want 5 Dammit! LOL My lining is already 8mm and looking good. Back to the doctor on Tuesday. We will be doing a double insemination this cycle. Hope you're having a great day, hun! Looking forward to your update tomorrow! I'm so excited!!!

Awesome!! Get your 5 follies girl! Is Tuesday for IUI or for monitoring? My appointment is at 11:30CST tomorrow so I will post in the afternoon.

I just noticed our DHs are the same age. LOL

Awesome!! Get your 5 follies girl! Is Tuesday for IUI or for monitoring? My appointment is at 11:30CST tomorrow so I will post in the afternoon.

I just noticed our DHs are the same age. LOL

Oh, I'm gonna gets mine! Ha ha ha As far as DHs - We have so much in common that it's creepy! LOL Tuesday is for monitoring and as of today, it's looking like Thursday and Friday for inseminations. I will be anticipating your update! Hopefully yours are the same size so we can trigger the same day! WHOO HOO!!!

IUI was cancelled. :cry:
I have 2 21mm follies on my left siide which is the blocked side. My lining was great 11mm, but the follies formed on the wrong side! I am so pissed and upset right now. it seems that my body always does something stupid to stop making a baby. My left ovary never responds to the meds at all. WTF happened this time. GRRRR!!!

We are still going to BD our asses off. LOL I will just keep my legs up in the air as long as possible and pray for the egg to travel to the other tube. it has happened so just maybe a miracle will happen for us.

OMG! I can't tell you how much it hurts me to read this! I'm in disbelief! I'm so sorry. I can only imagine your disappointment... Ugh! They need to get their shit straight and stimulate you harder! Two eggs is not enough for anyone, regardless if there is one or both tubes. On a positive note, your lining is perfect so we know that's not going to be an issue. So, what do you do now? Just wait for AF? Are your IUI's covered by insurance?

Now, I wait for AF. No insurance coverage for fertility treatments in Mexico. :(

Now, I wait for AF. No insurance coverage for fertility treatments in Mexico. :(

Yea, I figured. Same here. I bet you are so frickin pissed! You have been on my mind all evening. I hope you are feeling better... We can always cycle together again. I'm sure I will still be trying. I think I've given up hope and just haven't admitted to DH. It's consumed my life for too long.... :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->