3boys attempt to get organised for Christmas

3boys

Reaction score
I absolutely love Christmas but I have a habit of overspending and regretting it come January. So I’ve given the younger kids a budget of 150 each and the older kids 200. Plus we’ll buy the Nintendo switch again (3rd time hopefully this one doesn’t get pee’d on or superglued :rofl:

so far this is the lists

ds1

hasn’t decided probably wants money

ds2

electric guitar and amp
Desk and chair for his room
(He will definitely be over budget)

ds3

Nintendo switch lite (bought)
Game and case (bought)
(He’s over budget)

dd1

tv with built in DVD player
Hubby wants to surprise her with a phone

ds4

I’ve lost his list will have to do some detective

ds5

roblox sets (bought)
PlayStation lava lamp (bought)
Cuddly toys (bought)
Slime (bought)

ds6

he changes his mind every day

dd2

anything related to princesses
Roller skates

ds7

baby basketball set (bought)
Hubby says that’s all he needs but I feel really mean. He’s not 3 until next month and I know there is plenty of toys in the house and he’s so Easily please but I’m probably will buy more.

Oh and we have bought the Nintendo switch again with a game. I’ll have to buy extra controllers and more games. I’ve also bought all their selection boxes.

You have alot to buy for...can totally see why you'd go over budget as must be hsrd keeping track and knowing what to get

Lists are great

X

You have alot to buy for...can totally see why you'd go over budget as must be hsrd keeping track and knowing what to get

Lists are great

X

yep very easy to go overboard. I am an advertisers dream. I see something and think one of the kids needs it and then I have to buy everyone an extra present. I shouldn’t be allowed shop.

I used to do the "oh no I've bought him something extra I need to buy them all something extra" but managed to control myself last year :haha: I feel like I'm the only one actually counting and it all comes around anyway, like last year ds1 and ds2 had big ticket gifts, where as this year they don't really want or need anything like that but ds3 and ds4 do.

Great lists, we are also getting a switch this year.

I used to do the "oh no I've bought him something extra I need to buy them all something extra" but managed to control myself last year :haha: I feel like I'm the only one actually counting and it all comes around anyway, like last year ds1 and ds2 had big ticket gifts, where as this year they don't really want or need anything like that but ds3 and ds4 do.

Great lists, we are also getting a switch this year.
Please advise how to control myself :rofl: I really am terrible at Christmas. It will be interesting to see if I can stick to it this year. Even my teens laugh at me. But in fairness I don’t really buy them a whole lot throughout the year.

That's what I say, I don't buy them loads of stuff through the year, anything they want they use birthday money or earn so I feel going a little mad at Christmas isn't a bad thing, and they appreciate everything they get even down to the new pjs on Christmas eve. I bought them new bedding the other year (not for Christmas) including pillows and duvets and they were ridiculously excited about new pillows :haha: plus if you ask them their favourite bits about Christmas they'll say things like the food or watching movies with hot chocolate and squirty cream before they say presents

That's what I say, I don't buy them loads of stuff through the year, anything they want they use birthday money or earn so I feel going a little mad at Christmas isn't a bad thing, and they appreciate everything they get even down to the new pjs on Christmas eve. I bought them new bedding the other year (not for Christmas) including pillows and duvets and they were ridiculously excited about new pillows :haha: plus if you ask them their favourite bits about Christmas they'll say things like the food or watching movies with hot chocolate and squirty cream before they say presents
Yep exactly the same with my kids. I’m in Ireland and we have this chat show that’s on a Friday night but on the last Friday in November the chat show shows toys and kids performances. It’s called the late late toy show. It is one of the highlights of our year. Penneys (primark in uk) sell pyjamas for it so I have them bought for the whole family and we’ll have hot chocolate etc and set up the tree earlier that day. I can’t wait.

That sounds lovely. It's little things like that they will always remember though and what really makes Christmas in my opinion, even though I love buying presents :haha:

So sorted ds 6 today. I bought him an air hockey table, the keyboard mat that you use your feet on, a spider man ooze figure, and a remote control bee. Also sorted dd2 got her a generation doll with two outfits and a frozen make up kit. Also convinced hubby to get ds7 a blippy teddy. Got two games for the Nintendo switch and two family games. I think that’s it for now. 4 more kids to do.

You're doing so well.
I think it’s the novelty of getting to go out with hubby early on a Saturday morning kid free - grab breakfast and do some shopping. It’s only in the past year that I have felt comfortable leaving the little kids with the older boys so it’s a real treat. Kinda like a date in a weird way :rofl:

I have in my original post that I needed to buy dd2 roller skates and I completely forget #-o. I thought she didn’t have a list. I asked her earlier if Santa was bringing a surprise and she said no he’s bringing roller skates so had do some online shopping and pick some up.

Glad you managed to get some.

We've not braved leaving them for something fun yet, they have looked after the younger ones when it's been unavoidable like when our car was broken so both DH and I were walking to and from work, I would have to leave before he got back, or when the weather has been bad so DH hasn't wanted to take the little ones to football with him when taking DS2 so DS1 has looked after them for a couple of hours. I keep saying now we know they can handle it we will be able to do something but it's not happened yet :haha:

Glad you managed to get some.

We've not braved leaving them for something fun yet, they have looked after the younger ones when it's been unavoidable like when our car was broken so both DH and I were walking to and from work, I would have to leave before he got back, or when the weather has been bad so DH hasn't wanted to take the little ones to football with him when taking DS2 so DS1 has looked after them for a couple of hours. I keep saying now we know they can handle it we will be able to do something but it's not happened yet :haha:
Oh my eldest boys - 17 & 18 are only to happy to babysit. But they know how to charge :rofl:

Great lists. I struggle to set budgets as I know I won't stick to them.
One thing I have said this year is I am 100% not buying things for the sake of it. N doesnt really have any special interests so I am struggling with what to buy, any other year I buy a ton of random generic toys to make his pile up but we still have unopened gifts from last year so definitely not doing that this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->