3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

our plans for tonight (since we didn't get much us time this week) were to watch a movie and make it all about being together. He sat on his computer until about 10 then started falling asleep while watching tv shows with me (too late really for a movie) and he can't figure out what's wrong. :/

Its just outside of Aylesbury! So not far and really nice there!! I will still have a look around Watford need to book tours soon!!is the knutsworth suite private?
I am dreading staying in on a ward so hoping this one comes through the night and I don't have to stay in!! Have to wait and see!!

Yeah it's a private post natal ward with your own room and ensuite wetrooms -it's sharing on a ward that I too was dreading

Xxx

Ohhh dare to he sounds like my oh - men they just don't get it do they :hugs:

love - that sounds terrible at least you are ok - makes me realise how lucky we are in this country :flower:

last night I stuffed my face with Indian food and he was giving me a right kicking:haha: I really hope he behaves today so we can get a good picture he never behaves at scans

xxx

Its just outside of Aylesbury! So not far and really nice there!! I will still have a look around Watford need to book tours soon!!is the knutsworth suite private?
I am dreading staying in on a ward so hoping this one comes through the night and I don't have to stay in!! Have to wait and see!!

Yeah it's a private post natal ward with your own room and ensuite wetrooms -it's sharing on a ward that I too was dreading

Xxx

How much is it for a private room out of curiousity?

I'd pay the £400 but then you have to pay a deposit of £1750!!! That's not possible now lol :)

Survived my GTT this morning, it wasn't bad, but I couldn't stop burping. There was another girl in there doing the 3 hour test, I felt so bad for her, she seemed bored to tears!

Do you just have to sit there for 3 hours? god.... I'm not surprised she was bored lol!

I only had to do the 1 hour test, so it wasn't so bad, but the other girl was stuck sitting around all 3 hours, you aren't allowed to leave the lab, ugh!

charlie- yeah the 3 hour you have to sit there. I brought a book :)

glad you survived urs ttc!

What is a ward? I'm so confused? You have your baby in a room with other people?or just after the baby is born you share? And you share washrooms? Like bathrooms or showers?

Here you have the baby in a private suite where all the machines are housed in cabinets so it doesn't look clinical... And with an in room station for taking care of the baby and everything after delivery so the baby doesn't leave the room...
Then you are moved to a smaller private suite after the baby is born to stay. There are a few rural hospitals with less fancy rooms and stuff but most here are nice. The one I'm having Silas at is super nice and they are actually building a new womens facility that will open next summer that's suppose to be even nicer...

I just can't imagine sharing rooms with anyone ...

You deliver baby in your own room but if you're on the 'main ward' - then you have to share a room with six other women and their babies afterwards! Whereas if you choose the birthing unit (as I'm hoping to choose again), then it's your own room during delivery and after!

This is one of the reasons I'm going to a birthing centre, single room to myself during labour and double room for me, oh and baby afterwards :happydance:

The birthing units tend to let you out quicker as well! I had Stephen at 9.31pm and they asked me at 1am if I wanted OH to take me home there and then! He made me stay until 10am the next morning though lol!

IF I have to go on the main ward then I'll be asking to leave as soon as I've popped Henry out! I couldn't handle being kept awake by other babys (sounds mean but your own baby crying is distressing enough - especially as a new mum, it's very overwhelming at times) and someone I know who just had her little boy said this woman kept her up all night snoring!

Birthing units are def the way to go - you just have to be prepared to sacrifice certain things! The one in Watford doesn't allow you to have an epidural, if you want one then you have to go upstairs and stay there!

The birthing units tend to let you out quicker as well! I had Stephen at 9.31pm and they asked me at 1am if I wanted OH to take me home there and then! He made me stay until 10am the next morning though lol!

IF I have to go on the main ward then I'll be asking to leave as soon as I've popped Henry out! I couldn't handle being kept awake by other babys (sounds mean but your own baby crying is distressing enough - especially as a new mum, it's very overwhelming at times) and someone I know who just had her little boy said this woman kept her up all night snoring!

Birthing units are def the way to go - you just have to be prepared to sacrifice certain things! The one in Watford doesn't allow you to have an epidural, if you want one then you have to go upstairs and stay there!

Mine is in a very small hospitals, any problems and I have to be transferred. That's the only worry I have about it.

Glad your gtt went well TTC
Sequeena mine was 2 hours!
Jeez anyone else boiling hot?? I haven't been able to cool Down all day it's horrid!!!

The differences between the US and UK are so interesting. Some things that we "get" in the US really #@#)($* me off because I know the only reason we get perks is because we pay through the teeth for health insurance. So many things are unnecessary and that is why our insurance is so high! I'm slightly jealous of the nationalized health care because in the end everyone gets taken care of equally. I have great insurance so I shouldn't complain, but what we pay for it is ridiculous!!! That being said, I will happily be getting an epidural and enjoying my private room, guess I like being spoiled, ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->