3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Awww thanks pip!!! Lovely advice there on bf!!! How are u doing???
I don't think i will either!! Been feeling very odd today!! Not long now till we find out if she will be early!!! Place your bets hehehe!!!! Xx

im doing ok, struggling with BF. its amazing how emotional it makes you. i feel so awful that i dont have enough for her. i guess it is only just 24 hours. How long does it normally take for milk to come in? i have had 7ml last night then 3 again last night and 3 during the day today but it doesnt seem to be increasing??

Awww must be tough, I'm not sure how long it takes to kick in! Had u had much in way of leaking before u gave birth? Try not to upset yourself over it sweetie!! Can u try pumping to see if that gets things moving along a bit? Xx

Aww mum2miller she is so beautiful! I just wanna cuddle her!!

As far as breastfeeding, I'm sure it takes a while to get the hang of it and get your supply up.. Remember it's 'supply on demand' so the more you try the more you'll produce... Does your hospital offer a lactation consultant? Maybe see if you can set up a one on one visit from her to give you some support?

I'm sure your doing much better than you think you are tho!

Congratulations again on your precious little bundle! Did you had a cesarean? How did you find that experience?

Mumtomiller, when I had my son, and I wasnt BF it took about 2-4 days to really have engorged breasts, so i wouldnt worry. Thats what scares me about BF this time as well, Im so afraid that she wont be getting enough milk at each meal, but from what I understand is that they need very very little for a bit until your milk fully comes in.

Stay calm as possible and enjoy your baby! Im so thrilled for you!

im doing ok, struggling with BF. its amazing how emotional it makes you. i feel so awful that i dont have enough for her. i guess it is only just 24 hours. How long does it normally take for milk to come in? i have had 7ml last night then 3 again last night and 3 during the day today but it doesnt seem to be increasing??

They told us it could take 3-5 days for our milk to come in. So the stuff in the beginning- the colostrum is it? that is still VERY important. And i know i'll be stressing really bad at that time too- and by that time you can tell us all how it's done. :haha: :) your baby is gorgeous btw!!!!

Any of u lost any plug and describe for me I'm wondering if I lost a little today!!

I don't think i have. They say you'll KNOW when it happens. They keep telling me all this stuff that we'll KNOW when it happens. I think they just don't have answers.

Hi ladies,

Just quickly popping in< i just had a scan and baby is measuring 38.2 weeks while I am only 35.5 weeks. Gynea is sending me for a 4 hour Glutoce test tomorrow because she thinks I might have gestational diabetes.

Im scared, is this bad? I am too scared to google. Am I going to have a huge baby?

We dont have any history of diabetes in our family and my BMI is fine for my weight and height?

Hmmm I wonder if was a bit of plug been feeling weird all day :-S my appetite gone too just tried eating dinner but it's just made me feel very sick ahhh feel awful sick dizzy out of breath ahhh

Oh tanasha I had the gtt but cos I'm overweight, and history of it in family!!
I'm not too sure on it all ask krystal as she has it and would be best person on here to ask!!!

Hello ladies - hope everyone is well!

Mum2Miller - Amelia is gorgeous. Try not to get too stressed about the breastfeeding, we were told between 3-5 days for the milk to come in, and that the first feeds of colustrum are so nutrient-rich they're brilliant even If that's all you manage.

I really think baby has dropped lower, the pressure down there has got intense and (tmi) I'm definately swollen! Cornwall hills equals VERY intense braxton hicks! I actually got very concerned today...was getting them (along with backache) every ten minutes and they've been getting pretty strong! I've spent most of the day sitting and rocking side to side to get comfortable, but got super worried as hubby is at home 340 miles away!

Hi everyone, Mum2Miller- Amelia is beautiful and just like everyone else says, your milk won't come in for a few days but your colostrum is really important! Just remember that her little tummy is like the size of a thimble so you don't need to produce alot to keep her well fed! The more you nurse the more you'll make!

I'm really hoping this little guy comes early (like a week maybe) because they told me I"ll have to have a c-section if I go past my due date because I had a c-section with my 1st and this baby is measuring big. I was really hoping for a vaginal delivery this time so I'm saying my prayers for an early delivery. I have been feeling sooo tired lately, thank heavens my LO naps, because I've been napping with him. I can barely eat because I get full and sickly feeling if I eat too much, but I'm starving all the time. I can't wait to start looking for signs of labor, but so far none for me!

TTC I can't eat meals either now feel sick if I do so I'm just gonna have to eat little and often!!!
I'm driving myself slightly insane (well more insane :rofl: ) looking for labour signs!!!

Hi ladies,

Just quickly popping in< i just had a scan and baby is measuring 38.2 weeks while I am only 35.5 weeks. Gynea is sending me for a 4 hour Glutoce test tomorrow because she thinks I might have gestational diabetes.

Im scared, is this bad? I am too scared to google. Am I going to have a huge baby?

We dont have any history of diabetes in our family and my BMI is fine for my weight and height?

My cousin had gestational diabetes- and the baby still was able to be delivered vaginally, i think the baby was like 8 lbs or something.

My immediate family has no history of diabetes- but they made me take that stupid gtt- in the states they do it no matter what.

It's not bad as long as it's managed i've understood- i think you still might be just fine with the size of the baby. Just get through the gtt- don't stress yourself, and we'll see what happens after that right? no use getting all stressed if we don't even know yet.

I really think baby has dropped lower, the pressure down there has got intense and (tmi) I'm definately swollen! Cornwall hills equals VERY intense braxton hicks! I actually got very concerned today...was getting them (along with backache) every ten minutes and they've been getting pretty strong! I've spent most of the day sitting and rocking side to side to get comfortable, but got super worried as hubby is at home 340 miles away!

Hey hun- i've been having the serious pressure down there too- and i have some serious braxton hicks too. They told me, if they are really bad, lay on the left side and drink lots of water because sometimes it can loosen you up a bit (false labor). Try doing that at least- will be thinking of you!

I'm really hoping this little guy comes early (like a week maybe) because they told me I"ll have to have a c-section if I go past my due date because I had a c-section with my 1st and this baby is measuring big. I was really hoping for a vaginal delivery this time so I'm saying my prayers for an early delivery. I have been feeling sooo tired lately, thank heavens my LO naps, because I've been napping with him. I can barely eat because I get full and sickly feeling if I eat too much, but I'm starving all the time. I can't wait to start looking for signs of labor, but so far none for me!

Really hope he comes early too then- i would hate having to have a C-Section!!!!

As for me, went to the dog park today with my boy- and it was just me and a friend and her tiny dog too. So we sectioned off an area and relaxed. there was NO one there. Finally some lady shows up with her dog- who is very big (my dog gets scared of big dogs) - told US to move (because there was shade where we were and less shade where she was- but where she wanted us to go there was NO SHADE). She stayed only 20 minutes- we were there 2 hours. I said 'NO i'm pregnant i'm not sitting up there in the sun it's too hot! up there!' and she was angry because she got there and no one would do what she wanted. It was ridiculous. Seriously? there is no one here, you are not the boss of the dog park, you need to back off. the nerve of some people. And she had a child so she had to know the heat is uncomfy when you are pregnant- and she wanted me to go sit in the hot sun?! I'll fight you lady!

Tanasha it's no big deal ... They can scare you with all sorts of things but first off, the ultrasound/scan can be off by 2 whole pounds (1 kg) either way ... All u can do is try to keep your blood sugar steady and controlled. My baby was measuring 6 lbs at 34 weeks which is a 38 week measurement and put him at about 9 lbs ,.. They will do another u/s the 15th when I am 38 weeks to check again. If he still looks big they may induce so that I do not end up with a csection bc he gets too large ... They want u to be able to do it vaginally here in the states. At 35 weeks there isn't much you can do to change things other than not load up on sweets and carbs ... Baby could have low sugars when born but breastfeeding and skin to skin contact usually remedies it quickly! Don't worry baby is prob fine whether u have it or not! Is you oh/dh a big guy? Were either of u bigger babies? That could have to do with it too ... And the measurements could be way off so no worries!

Mum- she's gorgeous! Hang in there with the bf-ing ! They say the colostrum made by mothers of premature babies is even richer and provides even more immune support for her so don't worry about the amount just give her all you can, every bit helps! Your body knows what it's doing! Hang in there!

that baby is adorable congrats MUM!

So I have had a really off day today, went to bed at 4am(seems to be the norm as of late) Woke at 7am and normally i fall back asleep but had to pee really bad. Woke up at 1130-1145 ish to crampnig turned out to be gas. So then a little while later I get some more cramping and was like oka I gotta poo but my tumy was hard. SOooo I have been to poo 2 or 3 times.

Left about 1230 to go get the OH work check and got hom around 245 b 3 I was back in bed and I am so uncomfortable. Normally it feels good to lay on my back and today it hruts sooo bad, I have to lay on my left side only. I try my right side but baby has decided tha she wants to squeesh herself into my rib cage and be on that side, my bump looks rather lumpsided.

Soooo I feel like I have done a mIllion ab crunches as my stomach feel sSOOOOo sore, my back hurts, and I started getting period like cramps and headaches and DEF no appetite but I made myself eat.

I just ugh... she needs to wait a little longer. I dont know wha I am doing lol

Ladies, the plug will look like snot. It can be greenish/yellowish, clear and possibly have streaks of pink in it- No real blood tho. Sometimes, women dont even KNOW that they have lost their plug. You may not see it in the toilet, on the toilet paper, or it may be like mine was with my son, Sometimes it thins out gradually and nothing really "falls" out, it just dissipates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->