3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

ey guys well nursing had been growing great till about a week ago so finally wento to LC and she sent me to a breast feeding center and I have a very bad case of thrush on my nipples :( so getting treated for it

Natalie that's an absolute lovely pic of your little family :) and you look wonderful & perfectly happy holding that sweet boy who is being kissed by his daddy! I think it screams happy little family :) and I agree with Batty forget them! Good for you for being the better person and being too nice to be ugly to them even if they deserve it! Your too good to stoop to their level! Let them make themselves miserable and you just enjoy your family!

Ttc you've just had a baby HIS baby! Surely he wouldn't be offended by a little belly? I don't feel great about my body but Dh didn't give me the chance to say no or worry lol & he is super sweet to me about everything ... I have had numerous breakdowns about my body ... The worst one was when I hid in the bathroom to change clothes and he came in and saw me naked for the first time post birth & I had a meltdown, but he's been nothing but sweet and supportive ... Like my terribly horrendous stretch marks that worry me into depression ... He says "who cares? You're going to have stretch marks you just had our baby. I don't care. I am glad you had him. They are just stretch marks they'll get better stop worrying about it, you're still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen(a lie of course but quite a nice flattering one lol)" etc ... And my 6 wk appt is fri .. So we only did it 4 days early! Haha

Batty I am sorry Bee is having a hard time :( I hope she feels better! Thrush isn't fun bc it can make their mouth hurt and give them gas etc bc they don't feed right & stuff & make them eat more often! Hang in there though! I hope she has a good night & u get some rest! Do you have anyone who could watch her and let you get some rest ? At least between feeds or something?

I've def had my share of bad days and meltdowns but I've been a Nanny & in childcare enough that I learn to roll with it & try not to freak out ... And I just remind myself when it's seems too hard to go on that "this too shall pass" ... It won't be like this for long. I think staying positive helps & staying calm bc when your tired you want to get frustrated ESP when the baby is upset etc but the baby can sense your emotions so the best thing or both of you is to stay calm and relax ... When Silas cries I always talk to him in a happy voice and make jokes or tease & ask him if he could do it just a little louder or something silly which does nothing excpt keep me calm and upbeat and keep me from letting the crying/fussing upset or stress or frustrate me! :) don't get down tho I know it's hard to see her upset or fuss or cry but she's ok & this stage will pass... Just hang in there!

Dare I did block feeding bc mine was out of control ... If it's that bad you may wanna look into it! Just google it or go to KellyMom lots of great info! Fast letdown & oversupply cause so many issues ... We were having lots of problems choking, gas, milk spraying, green poo from too much foremilk, overeating, etc & it took me about a week but I've got mine like clockwork now! They are never engorged even when he goes 5 hours at night without a feed! He eats much slower an doesn't choke or get gas like he use to! ...I was afraid to try it at first bc at first it's uncomfortable and a lot of work but then it really worked!

Afm- I spent the morning trying to get a few photos of the baby...I want to do more with DH & myself but they will have to wait til thurs night or so...but I managed to get a few even though I had to stop and feed him.. Only way to bribe him into cooperation lol! ...my 6 wk appt is Friday with my new dr. I am soo nervous! I had to call today and have my medical records sent over to the new office! ... My BIL & SIL & Niece are coming for the weekend probably and we are suppose to shop for bridesmaid dresses for their wedding next month! :-/ not gonna be fun but that's another reason I need to be exercising and eating healthy! Last of 4 weddings I'll have been in this year including my own all in the family too! It's been an eventful year! But DH & I will have no more unmarried siblings so hopefully no more weddings!

Mal that stinks I know from recent experience that hurts like the devil! It will get in your milk ducts too...I put cream on and took diflucan ... & treat the baby (throw out nipples paci's etc... Boiling did not work in my experience! Oh and any pumped/stored milk bc it will be contaminated!) otherwise you'll end up passing it back and forth! Trust me!

Also how much is everyones baby weighing? I keep worrying Silas is not gaining enough! I am sure it's just bc I had two fat little nephews who gained very quickly & so maybe I expected that, but I still worry nonetheless and he won't get weighed properly for 2 more weeks! I am sure he's gaining something bc he eats/pees/poops... And I know he is long so it makes him look skinnier ...I figure he has to be between 9 & 10 lbs maybe? But I don't know for sure!

Awww thank u kyrstal!!!!! So kind of u!!! Making me cry in a good way again hehe!!!!
My sister says the same!!! My dad gets worried cos when they were coming overball the time his family did same to my mum and there were a few occasions she went mad at them he said he can see it happening again with me and them he said it was very hard on him and one of the reasons their marriage split up and he said he would hate it if that happened to me and hubby so I am trying not to cause that tension between me and hubby and when I need a moan I come on here (sorry about that!!!) or speak to him although I think hubby knows how I feel about them as has made the occassional comment!!!

Mal sorry u are suffering seems to be a very common thing though! Hope it clears up quickly for u!!

Krystal doing childcare and being a nanny has obviously helped u to become the calm amazing mummy u are!!! U really are doing so amazing!!
Our little man weighed 8lb 11oz and is now around 11lbs, he will be weighed on friday for our 6week appointment!!!
I was wondering what they do in the 6week appointment!?! Does anyone know?

Also just wanted to add I honestly think his family expected to see us not coping and Looking a mess so I think that must have thrown them haha!!
I was looking through some of the photos hubby's niece took and I have to say his mum just looks like a really horrible person!!!! I mean she just looks nasty!!!!

My doctors are useless!!! I am so annoyed!!! We really had to rush about to get ready and get to the docs this morn I have waited a week for this appointment I was told had to have my ears syringed I got there to be told I can't have them done because I need suction done on them summin to do with needing the ear drum to syringe and they can't do that cos they think ear drum perforated so I have to wait for a referral.... I should get a letter In a week with an appointment Grrrr so that's another week at least of being slightly deaf and not getting ears wet!!! Do they have any idea how hard it is to wash hair without getting ears wet grrrrrr

Should I be treated fo thrush as Bee has it? GP didn't mention anything.

aww Natalie - they're right - that is a lovely photo of hte three of you and you sure showed them how well you are all doing and what an amazing little family you are :) And it's def not you, from the things you put on here they sound like they're messed up and just not very nice people! Looks like you managed to get the one nice one from a bad lot! :) Remember that when they annoy you that you're lucky that your hubby didn't turn out that way :) And gosh Daniel looks like you!!!

Batty - from what I've read on here I think if you both have thrush you both need to be treated or you'll just keep passing it back and forth? Hope it clears up for you both!!

Krystal - Henry was 9lbs 5.5ozs at birth... and at 10ds he was 9lbs 7ozs and he's getting weighed tomorrow when he'll be 3 weeks so I'll get back to you! I'm guessing he'll be about 10lbs....... and don't ever let your stretchmarks bother you - unfortunately they'll never go but they'll be the one reminder of the amazing baby you carried, and gave birth too :) Though I do get why it's important to feel good as well - but what we think we should look like for our men - isn't usually a main concern for them! They seem less bothered about how we look than we do! lol

Dare - You are just a milk machine! :)

Mal - Hope you're both feeling better soon!

Afm - we finally DTD last night!!! God... it was really needed lol.... we were a bit stupid though cause I literally had just started my pill (until I can sort out hte implant) and I know it can take 7 days to work properly.......but it was one of those things where we both wanted it and sort of got carried away :dohh: I'm hoping that as it's impossible in the first 3 weeks to get preggars that as I'm two days away from three weeks that it won't happen AGAIN!!! ...... if it does - good job I want a big family ;)

Batty if your bf yes DEF bc usually they give it to you & your nipples will hurt horribly & if it gets in your milk ducts feeds will hurt like if u have mastitis! You can put antifungal cream on your nipples like clotramizole as long as you wipe it off before a feed ... They can give you diflucan though it's a pill u take one for 7 days and it helps get rid if it if it's in your milkducts etc... I would call and make sure they treat you!!!

Also throw out any nipples/dummies etc
she has used bc she will keep reinfecting herself (boiling did not work for us!) & any stored breastmilk from recently bc it's probably contaminated with it if she's given it to you and you don't know it! ... It's stubborn to get rid of! ... Also if alm else fails there os a natural remedy called genetian violet ...turns everything purple
but it works for u and baby ... Good luck!

ey guys well nursing had been growing great till about a week ago so finally wento to LC and she sent me to a breast feeding center and I have a very bad case of thrush on my nipples :( so getting treated for it

How do you know you have thrush on your nipples?! curious!

Dare I did block feeding bc mine was out of control ... If it's that bad you may wanna look into it! Just google it or go to KellyMom lots of great info! Fast letdown & oversupply cause so many issues ... We were having lots of problems choking, gas, milk spraying, green poo from too much foremilk, overeating, etc & it took me about a week but I've got mine like clockwork now! They are never engorged even when he goes 5 hours at night without a feed! He eats much slower an doesn't choke or get gas like he use to! ...I was afraid to try it at first bc at first it's uncomfortable and a lot of work but then it really worked!

Afm- I spent the morning trying to get a few photos of the baby...I want to do more with DH & myself but they will have to wait til thurs night or so...but I managed to get a few even though I had to stop and feed him.. Only way to bribe him into cooperation lol! ...my 6 wk appt is Friday with my new dr. I am soo nervous! I had to call today and have my medical records sent over to the new office! ... My BIL & SIL & Niece are coming for the weekend probably and we are suppose to shop for bridesmaid dresses for their wedding next month! :-/ not gonna be fun but that's another reason I need to be exercising and eating healthy! Last of 4 weddings I'll have been in this year including my own all in the family too! It's been an eventful year! But DH & I will have no more unmarried siblings so hopefully no more weddings!

i def will look up the info about the block feeding. anything could help right?! so gonna look. lol doesn't it also always seem like everyone is getting married all at once? we had a wedding in may, and then we have another one next friday- but i declined the invite. I just couldn't manage with Ava being so young yet - i'm not as brave as you!! Esp. with the breastfeeding! oh man.

Also how much is everyones baby weighing? I keep worrying Silas is not gaining enough! I am sure it's just bc I had two fat little nephews who gained very quickly & so maybe I expected that, but I still worry nonetheless and he won't get weighed properly for 2 more weeks! I am sure he's gaining something bc he eats/pees/poops... And I know he is long so it makes him look skinnier ...I figure he has to be between 9 & 10 lbs maybe? But I don't know for sure!

Last time we weighed ava was last wed. she weighed 9lbs 1oz. My scale here doesn't work so i have to boot up the wii fit & start her own thing to see how much she weighs. I plan to do it tonight.

a
Dare - You are just a milk machine! :)

Afm - we finally DTD last night!!! God... it was really needed lol.... we were a bit stupid though cause I literally had just started my pill (until I can sort out hte implant) and I know it can take 7 days to work properly.......but it was one of those things where we both wanted it and sort of got carried away :dohh: I'm hoping that as it's impossible in the first 3 weeks to get preggars that as I'm two days away from three weeks that it won't happen AGAIN!!! ...... if it does - good job I want a big family ;)

i still can't imagine dtd yet!!!!! My bleeding is almost done (i think) but i just can't imagine! so afraid it'll be super sore! i've heard such horror stories about the first time after you give birth- that it's worse than being a virgin again (my very whorish friend told me this- so that's serious coming from her lol) so i'm actually terrified! and LOL if you get preg again!!!!! sheesh!!!

afm- ava slept through the night last night. I woke at 530 to realize she missed her normal 4 am feeding. so i got up and tried to change her- she didn't go, she ate a touch - 3-4 minutes. Coughed. sputtered. burped.

Woke agian at 8- same ordeal - nothing in diaper. took temp- 98.7 and then i tried to feed again- same thing . 4 minutes. out again like a light. So i called ped. and asked if normal since she's not even a month old . (assuming a fluke) she seems to be waking now. but man. i was terrified all morning.

Waiting for the ped to call me back and let me know what i should do. whether she needs to be seen or not.

Awww thank u Charlie!!! I honestly think they were expecting to see us not coping and looking a mess!!! I made a lot of effort with my make up but when it came to doing my hair I just didn't have a chance cos Daniel was crying so just tied it up!!
I don't exaggerate or anything when I post about them!!!!
Eak go u dtd!!! We still haven't we just haven't the time or energy haha!!! Which pill are u taking?

Good luck dare hope all is well he hardly poos usually once a day but the gaviscon is making him constipated so he doesn't go so often!!

Krystal I was going to ask u how is Silas getting on with Zantac? Does he like it? He hates it!!! Also when do u give it to him? Like before or after feeds or between?

I finally took a few photos of me and little man today just of my face but it's a start they are not too bad!!!

I'm just using the one they prescribed me last October :haha: I'm still trying to get an appt for the implant! It's Leostrin (sp).... but I don't really like it this time around cause it's making me feel really sick!

Also What did you do about bottles during the wedding? We've been told there isn't anywhere I can sterilise his bottles so I'm really panicking about it... he'll need about 6/7 bottles during the whole day and then Stephen will need 1/2..... and then that means there's no-where to make these bottles up! Stressing me out big time! :( I guess I cna buy the ready-made ones but do you find they don't fill them up? This is where it would be easier if you could just whip your boob out :haha: :)

Dare - she could just be having a tired day or she could be just getting ready to sttn! :)

Charlie- what's sttn? sorry if that sounds stupid!

Dr. said she doesn't know WHY we had such a great night. Or why she's sleeping so much today. She looks fantastic- gained 9 oz since last wed when we were there- her temp was great- and no thrush! Just regular milk coating on tongue. She still is sleeping a lot. ate a few times. But the dr. is not concerned. Unless she doesn't have any alert time today- so if any other problems to call her. So im hoping she wakes up a bit later- because she's still sleeping.she was perfectly fine. Mommy, is just insane.

sleeps/ing through the night :)

that's great news that she doesn't have thrush! and us mum's are insane :) something you've just gotta get used too :haha:

Charlie we took our steriliser cos we were staying at the hotel the wedding was at!!!
Is it worth buying more bottles? The cartons are fab fills him up just as much as the powder! I'm not too sure what to suggest other than cold water sterilising!!! Xx

Dare it could also be she is having a growth spurt and is exhausted!!!

aww thanks hun! Might just have to cold-water sterlise them under the table?

I might see if I can find those ready sterilised bottles.... last time I went to ASda though they didn't have them on sale anymore :-/ ahhh so stressful thinking about it! Not jsut that no one knows if Stephen has a meal so I've now gotta think about jars and how I'm gonna heat that up :dohh:

Oh yeah I forgot u can get them!! Do boots have them maybe? Or somewhere like amazon might do them a bit cheaper!!??
I've got a travel bottle/food warmer if u want to borrow? U just put hot water in it it's like a flask and pour the water into the lid which is same size then stick the jar/bottle in there!!
With cold water sterliser I would keep it in your car like a container u can fit a bottle in to then as he is due a feed nip out and get it!!??
I know so stressful trying to think of everything u need and how u gonna do it!! That's wh we ended up booking in at the hotelthe reception was at made it so much easier even though was nearly £200 more!!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->