4 weeks! My first pregnancy and looking for some buddies!

That's a great idea for their anniversary!

I completely understand what you're saying about maybe buying maternity pants soon!! I wore leggings all day today and still felt like I was stuffed into them, and then I put on my favourite jeans to go out for dinner and couldn't get them closed so I did the elastic around the button and loophole trick. I weighed myself when I got home and I'm two pounds lighter than I was a week ago, but feel 10 bigger!! I just feel/look fat though, not pregnant lol. I've heard of the belly band, but haven't looked into it, but I think it's time!!

A good friend got engaged today so that helped distract me from being upset about missing my DH announcing to our friends yesterday. I'm so excited for them!! Hopefully that will distract that group of our friends from asking about us for a bit too!! This friend is already convinced I'm pregnant although I've denied it, so I can tell her without stealing her thunder, but I'll use her excitement to keep her focused on herself instead of me for a bit haha.

Today, my work pants had an elastic waist. I only have like 2 pairs of these, but I think I may order more. I am so much more comfortable today than I was yesterday. One pair of the maternity pants that I ordered came in. I don't know why I ordered a medium instead of a small. I'm going to have to return them. I also think I'm going to buy the belly band tonight. The maternity store near me has them 2 for $25. I really haven't gained any weight on the scale either. But I agree, I feel/look fat. We're at that awkward stage that we don't look pregnant, we just look fat.

I hear you on this one. Everyone of my friends is speculating that I'm pregnant. It's getting crazy. I deny and deny. Two weeks ago, we had people over. I poured wine in a solo cup and would bring it to my mouth, but wouldn't sip it. People were still speculating after that! I can't wait until it is out in the open and I don't have to lie or hide anything.

Agreed!! I'm going to see if those belly bands are available here, cause that sounds like a great idea. Once the weather here warms up, most of my summer pants are looser, but until then I'm just about out of options!!

I told the moms and teacher of a music group I take one of my nanny girls to today. I've known the teacher ever since I started with this family and she was asking about future plans, and one of the moms I know from when I worked in daycares and I knew I'd be telling them by the end of the class, so I figured I'd just get it out in the open (since I knew they'd be asking), and I'm so glad I did, as now I have this group of women I can talk to who've all been through it and aren't close enough to me that there are consequences for telling them early. I think I'm going to tell my employers on Friday, and the girls grandparents when I see them each next week. It's just getting hard to not bring up, and if something happened, they'd find out anyways, so might as well enjoy this time regardless of the future! Plus I need to constantly snack and they'll notice all my new snacks at their house so I've got to fess up haha! I'm also hoping to hear from a midwife this week, so if I do, I want to be able to schedule appointments without issue.

How are you feeling today?

That's so nice that you can tell a group of moms and talk about things. Sounds like you're a few weeks away from letting everyone know! I really want to wait until the first trimester is over, which is still a month and a few days away. In two days, I get my next ultrasound. If we hear a heartbeat, then I think we may tell my parents. We will see though. I know my parents will have a hard time keeping a secret. And I definitely know that my sisters will have a hard time too. So I don't know if we will tell them. I guess I'll talk to the doctor about it on Friday and see what her recommendation is.
My elastic pants today are so comfy that I went online and bought 5 pairs! They're not "maternity" pants, but they are elastic. So I'll be able to wear them for a few more months, and after the baby comes. Who knows, they may be elastic enough for the whole pregnancy.
I'm feeling okay now. Still at work, as usual. Starting to get hungry/cranky now and I'm not eating for another 3 hours. I will have to do some serious snacking. How are you feeling?

Ya I'm thinking when I'm around 11-12 weeks I'm going to have a party for my birthday and tell the rest of our close friends, then at 14 weeks I'll start spreading the word to the people I'd want to hear personally before posting on Facebook. So after I tell my employers today or tomorrow I'll stop telling for a bit!!

That's so exciting that you get another ultrasound and hopefully hear the heartbeat in two days!! I'm so excited for mine but it's still two weeks away. I might go a few days early, but we'll see. I think I'm going to call the place and ask how likely it is to hear/see at 8/8.5 weeks since my current appointment is at 9 weeks.

Stretchy pants sound awesome!! I found the belly bands at a store here so I'll pick some up tomorrow. Today I'm in yoga pants and I'll be at the cabin all weekend so it'll be sweat pants all weekend!

I've found a have a very mild general feeling of queasiness - totally not a big deal but it's there! Looking forward to seeing how my snacks help today. My shirts, coats, sweaters are now looking quite tight on my chest too!

We're not really sure how we're going to tell our extended family. It's nice that you already have a game plan for that. We were thinking of asking each of our parents to host a bbq and we would tell each side of the family. Not sure though.

We're so excited that today is ultrasound day! I've been looking up what my ultrasound picture should be at close to 8 weeks. Honestly, I'm not sure if I am 7 weeks or 8 weeks. The online due date calculator gave me one date based off of my period date and another date based off of my ovulation date. I'm hoping that today at the ultrasound, they'll be able to give me a due date. Today, we don't see a doctor though. We just see the ultrasound technician. We actually have another appointment in exactly a week from today. That was my original appointment and was supposed to be my first ultrasound appointment. But since I had spotting, my doctor wanted to see me earlier and check progress.

My symptoms have stayed the same. Major exhaustion. Cramps after I eat.

How are you doing today?

How did your ultrasound go!?

I'm alright - I told my employers and they were happy for me and the mom gave me a ton of maternity clothes including a Bella band so I'm going to see how I like it before buying some. So nice of her!

I've been at the lake since Friday and not feeling super pregnant which makes me worry of course!! I'm sure everything is fine though and I should be thankful I'm not sick like crazy! At the dentist on Friday however my gums bled like crazy which they explained was thanks to pregnancy lol so I guess that's one sign!!

I took some books out from the library - fictional light ready books centered around pregnancy and that's been kind of fun to read.

One week tomorrow I'll have my private ultrasound - I'm also looking up what it should look like since they're not medical they won't actually tell me anything!

So excited to hear how yours went!

That's awesome that you told your employers. They're probably not going to be hard on you for anything. Lucky! If I told my employers, I'd probably be able to lessen my hours to less than my 12 hours a day now, but since I teach at an alternative school, my hours will be a LOT less in a few weeks when summer starts.

Didn't realize that pregnancy makes your gums bleed. I floss every night and one night last week, my gums bled like crazy in one spot. Makes sense now. And I'm with you on the symptoms. It could be a lot worse. We could be feeling really sick and throwing up. However, my only symptom is extreme fatigue and some cramps sometimes. Can't complain.

I'm going away for 2 nights this weekend and bringing along a book sounds like a great idea! Maybe I'll grab one before I leave!

When is your ultrasound? My ultrasound went better than I could've imagined. I am a little bit behind of where I thought I was, but it only threw off my due date a few days. I thought my due date would be around December 26, but it's December 31. When we went for our first ultrasound 2 weeks ago, we could hardly see anything on the screen. This time, it was very visible. And the heartbeat! We got to hear it and we got to see it! It was so amazing. Our appointment really couldn't have went better. As we were getting the ultrasound, I asked if we could print pictures. The technician told us that unfortunately, the machine that we were on could not print. So she got me dressed, and moved me into another room after we had already finished our appointment! I thought that was so nice of her because she really didn't have to do that. So we had another ultrasound on another machine and she was able to print pictures.

With a picture, I put it in a frame and gave it to my parents for their anniversary. I put letters on it that said "Grandparents December 2015." They were shocked and are so excited. Then yesterday, we decided to tell DH's brother and his girlfriend. They are so excited for us! So now, the people who know are my best friend, DH's cousin, DH's best friend, my parents, my DH's mom, and DH's brother and girlfriend. The next person we are going to tell is DH's other brother. We are going to share the news to our families (cousins, aunts, uncles) over a father's day bbq. I want to tell my grandmother before the bbq, so we will probably be telling her within the next two weeks. She lives about an hour away, so we have to pick a day that we can go down to visit her. I would also let to tell one more of my friends within the next few weeks. Then I have my two sisters left. I know my older sister will not be able to keep a secret, so I can not tell her until right before father's day. My younger sister will be able to keep a secret, but I know it will hurt my older sister's feelings if she knows that I told everyone in my family except her. I don't even think she'll be happy for me but whatever. So when is your ultrasound?

Oh yay now we have the exact same due date!! Or at least until I hear otherwise lol. It should be pretty bang on judging by my lmp and approximate o day.

That's awesome to hear your ultrasound went so great and so did telling your family so far!!! So great when things go as well or better than expected.

My ultrasound is a week today - so next Monday (the 25th). Again, it's private so I don't know what to expect but I know we won't get any pictures or anything since we're just doing the quick one to make sure everything's ok. Might see if I can snap a picture with my phone or take a video but I'm ok with no photos at this point - just want to know everything is good! I don't know if they'll tell me if anything looks off, but I'm hoping the size and heartbeat will be obviously good for 8.5 weeks that I'll be reassured. Then the next day I see my regular Dr so she can make a referral. It's stupid though because I've already seen a Dr for everything but the referral but I still have to go. Oh well! Then I imagine I'll see an OB a week or two after that finally. If I get a midwife sooner then that'll be even better.

Have fun on your trip!! Where do you live? I remember you saying you were going to the beach. I'm in central Canada and Saturday was a nice sunny day and now we have snow today!! Pretty unusual for this time of year but not unheard of. It's making me want to have a little babymoon this summer! I'm already planning to visit family in New York and Pennsylvania, but I'm thinking another little trip just for fun would be nice. I vowed I'd never be pregnant in Vegas, but so many of my favourite foods there have been calling my name...

I have a feeling my due date may change again. We shall see. My husband tried to snap a video of the heart beat, but everything was happening so fast and the technician already did us a favor by allowing us to switch machine in order to print a picture.

You must be so excited for your first ultrasound. I'm sure everything is going well. Who does the ultrasound? For 8.5 weeks, you should be able to hear a heartbeat and see the baby. The yolk sak is the circular looking thing in the ultrasound.

I live in New York. A few weeks ago I flew to Florida, then came home, then went to Dominican Republic. Had a very busy month last month, on top of finding out we're expecting. This weekend I am going to the beach but driving, not flying. There's a beach about 45 minutes from my house, but this weekend I'll be driving 3 hours away and staying over for 2 nights. We like to go camping so we will be doing a lot of weekend camping trips this summer. I'm not sure if we're doing a babymoon, but I do know that we are going away to the beach again in August for an entire week.

I can't believe you had snow. I am so sorry! We've been having some beautiful weather here. I did some gardening yesterday, but it got too hot and I needed a nap (as usual).

Sounds like fun! I love travelling in any capacity. I always find it so nice to get away! My mom is from Pennsylvania so I have family there I'd like to tell in person and my sister lives in Manhattan - she's been going to school there - so I'm planning on taking the train between the two and making a week trip out of it.

The place that does the ultrasound is a private 3D ultrasound place (3D starting at 17 weeks, 2D otherwise) that are trained ultrasound techs from what I understand, so I imagine they can clearly tell me what's what, they just have a disclaimer stating they are not medical or diagnostic so they couldn't or wouldn't be able to tell me how everything is going I guess.

Nausea came back again today - if I don't feel pregnant I'm worried and then I get symptoms like this and I'm overwhelmed lol. Trying to embrace the feeling as a good sign instead of a nuisance. Such a roller coaster! It will all be worth it in the end.

That would be a fun trip to Pennsylvania and New York. I agree with you, I love going anywhere, just love getting away and being somewhere different.

Are you going to get a 3D ultrasound? I don't think that me and my husband are going to get one because we really want to be surprised. Same reason why we don't want to find out the sex. I definitely think the technician will be able to show you what's on the screen and see if there's a heartbeat. If there's a heartbeat, then everything is normal at this point. You should be able to see a tadpole looking thing too, that's the baby.

I think I am going to tell my job tomorrow. I have a meeting with my manager tomorrow so I think it's the right time. My stomach hurt a lot yesterday, but so far today I'm feeling good, just exhausted as usual.

The 3Ds are pretty expensive. We saw one for our nephew which was cool, but not super necessary, so I'm not sure.

Let me know how it goes telling your work!

I told the grandparents of the girls I nanny (I see both sets weekly and am close with them and they cover me for Dr appointments) and they were both very excited for me and the one who sees me the most said she'd been suspecting!! So obviously I'm not hiding it too well between constantly eating and drinking, feeling unwell, and my growing stomach and chest lol.

Hey ladies. I realize it's mostly just the 2 of you chatting but you seem active and I'd love to join it.
I just found out today I'm pregnant! Would make me about 5 weeks from my last period.
I have to call today and make an appointment with a doctor. Went to the clinic for a referral today. I don't have a family doctor.
Dh is 20 and I'm 22. We were trying for this and so very happy it's happened :)
We are flying home to ee our families in 2 weeks. We will tell them then even though it's still super early. It's our 1 trip home a year so we'd prefer to say it to them in person!!
Hope to hear back!

Welcome! What is your estimated due date? How many months were you trying? Did you face any obstacles? And how are you feeling?

My estimates due date is Jan 17th!
Honestly I'm so lucky, I stopped bc at the beginning g of April and had my period. I was terrified that my body would have issues bouncing back. But now I'm pregnant! so only 1 cycle of trying!
My biggest obstacle was the fear of not being able to conceive. And now it's fear for a healthy baby. But no obstacles.
About a month ago I had some nausea and even puked once. But I don't think that was from pregnancy. Cause It Never Happened Again.
Recently I've just been feeling bloated and like my tummy has a balloon in it :p I've had sore nipples and breasts for the past week and maybe a tiny bit of nausea. Mostly just super tired. All the time.

However I'm embracing all this and loving every second. It's everything we wanted :D I've been so happy since I found out yesterday!

I forgot to post a picture from my ultrasound last week. So, here it is!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3
Oh that's exciting! I'm super excited to have my first appointment. I have no idea what to expect. I'm usually a planner. So this is crazy for me :p

Welcome Amanda. I was the same way - planned to get pregnant but worried it would take a long time or not happen and it happened on the first month of trying! I'd been off the pill for a year and had been tracking my cycles so I knew things were looking good, but it was still nerve wracking! And now yes, hoping this pregnancy will be healthy with no issues!! I'm less worried than I thought I'd be based on my worrying over conceiving, but I have my moments.

Proud wifey!! Your ultrasound <3 that's so exciting!! Did you tell your work today?

I told my manager, who told my boss. I'm not telling co-workers just yet. He ensured me not to worry about scheduling and that everything will be worked out around my schedule when the baby is due. We talked about my plan for leading up to the baby coming, then after the baby comes. The summer at my job is very slow. I will have Friday, Saturday, and Sundays off. I have two weeks planned vacations already (one in June and one in August). In the fall when school starts back up, is when we are busy again since we are an alternative school/tutoring center. So in the fall, I am going to work normally, just not 12 hours like I am doing now. I will shoot for 8-10 hours, but will be happy with a normal 40 hour work week, not expecting 60-65 like I've been doing for months now. Once the baby comes, I will be taking 6-8 weeks completely off. Once I return back to work, I will be shooting for part time, 20 hours per week. I'll continue the part time schedule for a while, maybe a few years. I'm holding off on telling co-workers until summer hours are here. I'm hoping the baby will come right before Christmas, that would work out perfectly with work, but you can't plan this stuff. When the baby is ready then the baby is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->