40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

I don't think Ally is working there anymore. I overheard one of the nurses on the phone telling someone while I was waiting. You should probably contact one of the nurses and ask who you should be working with. I got a message back from her early last week changing my Lupron dose, but when I went to send a message back, I also noticed she wasn't on the list anymore. I've worked with a couple of nurses and a nurse practitioner already. Scan and bloodwork looked good this morning. Got my updated med schedule and transfer scheduled for next Friday morning! I think Wed is when they thaw the eggs and do the ICSI, at least that's what I told would happen a few weeks ago.

Jean--thank you for all the good hotel info! Last time I was about to reserve an apt through Air BnB, so we could have a kitchen since we will be there for about 8 days. Did you look into that at all? And CNY-F's website does have some discounted hotel options, though I don't think any would get you your points. We are now going back and forth about whether to drive or fly. So many decisions.

I am kinda freaking a little that Ally is gone. She has been my one "real" person at CNY-F, so it feels very strange that she's gone. And no one contacted me at all last week to follow up in her absence, which doesn't make me feel very reassured. I hope you feel like you've been taken care of.

So exciting that you are SO CLOSE! I can't recall exactly what you are doing. Is it fresh donor egg with frozen donor sperm? I hope the week goes by quickly for you.

I am doing frozen egg with donor sperm. They are both sitting there at the clinic in the freezer just waiting to meet.

No, I didn't look into an AirBnB for there. I didn't really even think of it. I am doing the points so I can keep my status & get free rooms later in Nov (I get 5 free nights in a few weeks for my vacation). Marriott also has TownPlace Suites that have a full kitchen (some have an oven, some just a stovetop), so I use those when I stay many nights in a row.

All the girls there so far have been really nice, just a bit young. No one contacted me about anything either. I just knew I kept having a really hard time getting Ally to call me back or send me a message or anything. I'm at the end of the road now, so it's not going to matter too much but I would like someone to tell me how my embryos are growing before I get there.

Jean--happy thaw day!! I hope you are feeling ready and positive. This is it, you'll be PUPO in two days. You've probably figured this out, but Ally is still there. She just took vacation without telling any of us. Boo. I told her I was freaking out that she had left and she apologized. Anyway, who cares about that, you are almost at embryo transfer. I'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted! :thumbup:

AFM--it turns out the donor is not too busy in August, so we can start. I did my first Lupron injection last night! That's a crazy thing to have an exclamation point after, but we do get excited about the weirdest things in this process. :wacko:

I go in on the 11th for ultrasound and labs. The donor will start stims shortly after that. Estimated retrieval date is August 26 and ETA for transfer is August 31. THIS MONTH. This could all be done in less than a month! :happydance:

OMG Vonn, that's great! You will be here sooner than you know! All 6 of my eggs thawed, all fertilized by ICSI, 3 growing well on day 1 update and watching 2 more to see if they are just slow. Will find out more in the morning on th day 3 check. My transfer is 9:30am! I've done 3 PIO shots. First one ok, second one must've hit a blood vessel, blood poured out everywhere and big lump in butt, third one just now a bit of pain but no blood at all.

Jean--Awesome news on the thaw and fertilization rate! And way to go on PIO shots. You are a warrior. I hope the transfer goes smoothly. :thumbup: Thinking of you today! :flower:

I'm back at the hotel. Transferred two good looking embryos, going to grow the other 3 to day 5 and see if they look good enough to freeze. One wasn't doing well, only 4 cells in it day 3. The other 2 look pretty good.

I didn't know you go to the Healing Arts center in back for the transfer, but the lady at the front walked me through the building to the back and I got to see the embryology lab, pretty cool! Dr. Kiltz was running behind by an hour, so I didn't get my transfer until an hour later. It was pretty quick compared to my first FET, no complications finding uterus on ultrasound or issues getting into my cervix. Now I am to rest and drink plenty of fluids rest of the day.

Jean--5 good ones on day 3 is terrific! So glad it went smoothly and you may have some to freeze. Did they go back and forth at all about day 3 or day 5 transfer? I haven't spoken about it yet with Ally at all. And was there much discussion about transferring 1 or 2? Is that something you knew all along you wanted to do? I can't recall if that's what you did last time. Take it easy, you are PUPO!!! :happydance:

I transferred 2 last time. No, I was told I was doing day 3, not any discussion of going to day 5. Maybe it's better for frozen eggs, I don't know. I had already decided to do 2 embryos if they looked good. They asked me right before what I wanted to do. I think the older ladies have better success with transferring two embryos, but if you only want to do one, then they will allow that, too.

Congrats Jean! Keep us updated on when you test and all that good stuff. You're PUPO!!!

Jean--how are you feeling a few days in? Did you end up with any frosties? Hope so!

I had one make it to freeze, they call it "average", 2BC. The other two arrested in development. So if I want siblings, IF this works, I will probably have to buy the rest of the frozen eggs they have. We'll see.

So far, my butt is sore from the PIO shots. I did have some stabbing pains on both sides, left side early this afternoon and right side about an hour ago. I've been trying to take it easy and do some simple things. I did go out to the stores a few times, that's probably the most I've exerted myself. I did buy some Dollar Tree tests, of course the one last night was negative. Didn't expect much from it, too soon, but I finally was able to hold my pee for a couple of hours. This progesterone makes me pee all the time, even if I sneeze. Not fun!

I did go to work for about 5 hours Sunday, when no one else was there. Got a couple days worth of work caught up. I go in tomorrow to help train someone and then I'm off for a week and a half. I have to find a lab in Ohio that works with my insurance so I can get the beta done. I go tomorrow for hormone labs.

Hi Jean40- I just wanted to say I'm following your story and have my FX'd so tight for you!

Official beta date is Tuesday. I managed to hold a couple of hours for this. :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 6
Omg I'm sooo excited for you!! 🎉👶🏻🎉👶🏻

That's a great line, Jean! Congrats to you on your successful FET! Can't wait to learn how many are snuggling in. How are you feeling?

Right now, I'm sunburnt and the heat and sun were a bit too much earlier, had to get cooled down. I am a bit more tired. Kinda feel a bit crappy, but that could be due to sunburn and heat. Trying to drink lots of fluids, but I'm up all night having to pee every hour or so, so sleep isn't going well.

Stay out of the sun for a bit! Can't wait to hear the beta number on Tuesday.

Sophie--how are you doing??

Hi Vonn. Had my 8+2 week ultrasound today. No heartbeat. Dr says based on measurements baby died 2-3 days ago. So unexpected after a great scan and HB at 6+3 weeks. Numb and in shock. I think we are done. Wishing you all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->