40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Hello to all the new members! Hope that you are well this Sunday morning!

I am still on my 2ww (well 16 days) to see if the IVF has worked. Am loopy and trying so hard to keep busy so I don't go crazy symptom spotting - it's so hard!

Thanks Jen - I can't wait either!!!

xxx

Hi Emmi, I'm in the same boat ... did IUI #2 this cycle, and just waiting to see if it worked. Going a little stircrazy. Trying to keep my mind occupied with other things, but I seem to be powerless over the thoughts always wandering back to this.

Ok so I am seriously freaking out a bit! I took that provera and started AF last Wednesday, usually AF is here for 3 days, I am going on 6 now with no signs of stopping! I really think all of this is due to the Fermara I took in August. It really has me going crazy! Now the DR has me on a month of BC so that it will surpress any cysts that I might have or get. So this month is definitely out for TTC. Geez, why cant it just come together!?

Kat - I am so sorry about your cat, that has to be so hard.

Emmi - Still praying for your BFP!

To all the new posters, this really is a helpful thread and everyone is so great about encouraging and helping when you need it!

Ok so I am seriously freaking out a bit! I took that provera and started AF last Wednesday, usually AF is here for 3 days, I am going on 6 now with no signs of stopping! I really think all of this is due to the Fermara I took in August. It really has me going crazy! Now the DR has me on a month of BC so that it will surpress any cysts that I might have or get. So this month is definitely out for TTC. Geez, why cant it just come together!?

Kat - I am so sorry about your cat, that has to be so hard.

Emmi - Still praying for your BFP!

To all the new posters, this really is a helpful thread and everyone is so great about encouraging and helping when you need it!

oh iowagirl, i'm so sorry things are not cooperating for you. i haven't been on the fert drugs for a while but remember how it made me feel crazy, more so clomid than the femara. the fem was much gentler on my emotions.

if ok to ask...are excessive hormones such as estrogen causing your cyst?

hang in there. breath deeply. ou're not alone. positive thoughts, it will come together. sounds like you're doing a lot to bring things back together. you will get there!!!!! :hugs:

Hello to all the new members! Hope that you are well this Sunday morning!

I am still on my 2ww (well 16 days) to see if the IVF has worked. Am loopy and trying so hard to keep busy so I don't go crazy symptom spotting - it's so hard!

Thanks Jen - I can't wait either!!!

xxx

Hi Emmi, I'm in the same boat ... did IUI #2 this cycle, and just waiting to see if it worked. Going a little stircrazy. Trying to keep my mind occupied with other things, but I seem to be powerless over the thoughts always wandering back to this.

Hey - it's so hard isn't it!!! I am going crazy - I am trying to keep so busy but I am obsessing whether it's worked or not. I find it quiet a lonely journey really - I have so much love and support but I am the one going through this horrific wait......

Here's hoping for good things.:flower:

Thanks emmi! To be honest I have no idea what is causing the cysts and the doctors have not gave me any reasons. I called the dr today and they said my lining was was so thick that is why AF is here so long. I can't imagine what I will be like when I am where you are!

Thanks emmi! To be honest I have no idea what is causing the cysts and the doctors have not gave me any reasons. I called the dr today and they said my lining was was so thick that is why AF is here so long. I can't imagine what I will be like when I am where you are!

IowaGirl, my doc said some women are prone to getting cysts on Femara or Clomid. It's just our rotten luck. The extra hormones make our follicles go bonkers. I've been through the cyst thing three times now.

IowaGirl, my doc said some women are prone to getting cysts on Femara or Clomid. It's just our rotten luck. The extra hormones make our follicles go bonkers. I've been through the cyst thing three times now.

Kat, My DR never told me that! The FS has me on BC pills now. He said that "should" supress any cysts for next month. Keeping my fingers crossed! I am going on day 8 of AF! I don't think it will ever end!:af:

Ladies - the IVF hasn't worked - lots of bleeding.......I am heart broken and can't stop the tears. Not sure what we will do next - as we are self funding, I doubt that we could afford IVF again. Feeling a little bit bereft at the moment so time out needed.

Wishing you all lots of love and luck for now.

xxx:hugs:

Oh Emmi, I'm so sorry hon, my heart goes out to you, I so hoped you wouldn't have to go through this. Allow yourself this time to cry, let the tears come and in time you can think about what next. Sending you much love. x

Emmi, i am so sorry and can't even fathom how you are feeling right now. my heart is breaking for you. love and prayers coming your way!

Oh my god, Emmi... I hardly know what to say! That is heartbreaking!! Sweetie, a million hugs and hopes that you get your baby in the end.

Well, I'm 6 dpiui today. I've been tracking my "symptoms" since May so I can look back and see what's normal and what's odd. Every month like clockwork, I get diarrhea on Day 7 (once I got it on Day 8). This time I got it on day 5 and 6 (so far). Am I getting my period early or is it a fluke? I was SO disappointed when it happened as I know it is a harbinger of AF. Also, on all my cycles I've noted "mild cramping mid afternoon" for Day 5 and ...yup I got that yesterday. The only thing missing is that I'm usually crampy and maybe have back ache for several days after the IUI. This time I had no pains until Day 5. This cycle is not quite acting like past ones, and that's annoying as I kind of thought I could count on certain symptoms to help me "know" earlier in my TWW, and help me prepare for the inevitable AF arrival. That's what I get for trying to pin down Mother Nature!

OH wait...July's list was missing. I checked online, and in July I didn't feel any cramping at all the few days after IUI. Turns out that HAS happened before. OK, cool.

Well, I'm 6 dpiui today. I've been tracking my "symptoms" since May so I can look back and see what's normal and what's odd. Every month like clockwork, I get diarrhea on Day 7 (once I got it on Day 8). This time I got it on day 5 and 6 (so far). Am I getting my period early or is it a fluke? I was SO disappointed when it happened as I know it is a harbinger of AF. Also, on all my cycles I've noted "mild cramping mid afternoon" for Day 5 and ...yup I got that yesterday. The only thing missing is that I'm usually crampy and maybe have back ache for several days after the IUI. This time I had no pains until Day 5. This cycle is not quite acting like past ones, and that's annoying as I kind of thought I could count on certain symptoms to help me "know" earlier in my TWW, and help me prepare for the inevitable AF arrival. That's what I get for trying to pin down Mother Nature!

OH wait...July's list was missing. I checked online, and in July I didn't feel any cramping at all the few days after IUI. Turns out that HAS happened before. OK, cool.

Kat, hoping that something different happens this cycle. you're very smart to keep track of things like you are. when i tried doing it, it just made me feel nuts...like i was holding on too tight, which stressed me out. to chart or not to chart--that is the question...for me at least. but i am starting to wish i had it to have the same insight as you have now, especially when trying new supplements.

good luck!

Kat, i kind of got a bit nutty trying to gauge symptoms etc. when's your test date?
AFM don't think I've Ov yet, but annoyed cos I didn't start testing till Wed and may have missed it, but generally that would be too early so hoping it will be this weekend. Managed to persuade BF to 'do his thing' last night and got the old syringe out (we don't have sex, hence the problem), it makes me mad, you'd think I was asking him to run a marathon, sometimes I really wonder how much he wants this. I know the chances of it working are so tiny, but I have to try. x

Pussycat1, my OTD is next Friday the 11th.

I hope you didn't miss it! Are you over on the home insemination thread? Lots of BPFs over there, so it can work!!

Man, I hate this part of the TWW. I'm really close to finding out, but still too early to test. Thank god I have a friend coming over tomorrow for sewing or I'd be on the forums half the day staring at other people's lucky symptom-filled TWWs while I sit here without a twinge.

Kat, second week of 2WW is such a killer, Fingers crossed! I haven't looked on the at home insemination thread in ages, was on there a couple of years ago, come to think of it it was probably longer as it was when we first started trying. Good news is I got positive on the OPK so didn't miss it, in fact timing is prob pretty good, will try again in the morning. Really not expecting anything, if I can't get pregnant with ICSI, the chances of it just happening with this are pretty slim. But you've got to try! x

Here's my latest and greatest....saw Dad doctor aka MFM wednesday, done w/him until i get BFP but when i do to see him very early on and i will be getting daily injections of a blood thinner due to a gene i carry causing blood clots...YIPPEE NOT
FS today for ultrasound w/washing of my uterus was NOT fun at all very painful. Probably because I hadn't had a BM yet prior to the test and doc's like did you empty your bladder...ummm YES, it's not my bladder i wanted to tell her but i was in too much pain to explain. Got thru it and i have 3 eggs on the right starting and 2 on the left only have my left tube and both are at 10mm. No clue what any of that really means, I didn't ask, i looked at the U/S screen and saw it myself. but good news is my uterus is good to go so hubby and i get to dtd on our own this week coming and try and if no BFP then IUI and I start meds. Praying we don't need IUI...got one BFP on our own (ectopic) so praying we get this one.

Emmi, there are no words to say that are enough for this level of heartbreak. I'm so sorry. It's so unfair.

Love & hugs to you xox

I am on day 10 of AF staring to think it will never stop. I certainly don't want to take provera again so I pray next month I am back to normal :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->