40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Looks it was just an evap. I did a FRER just now after a 6 hour pee hold, and it's stark white.

I went to work, and got nauseous again a few hours in. I had to eat crackers. Then when I couldn't find a box I was looking for after about 10 seconds of looking, I burst into tears. WTH is going on???? Is this all just stress? I don't feel THAT stressed. I'm so frustrated!

I tested again this morning and another BFN (11 dpiui). Oh, I'm so mad and embarrassed that I got tricked into thinking maybe this IUI worked! I knew from Day 1 that it was a wash with my husband's poor sample, nearly missing ovulation, and me grieving over my beloved cat. I'm still not convinced we didn't miss ovulation despite what they said.

I looked back and I realized that this "stomach virus-like" situation happened back in May and I'd totally forgotten. I started burping and feeling a little nauseous on Day 8 and on Day 11 I woke up VERY nauseous and had a massive headache...just like yesterday. I started spotting the following day. I can't believe I didn't remember that. Thank god I write these things down. I wonder why my body does that every once in a while?? It's certainly not a symptom I experienced before my TTC journey began. I would have thought I was pregnant a million times! So I blame my reaction to the Femara and trigger shot leaving the system causing me occasional stomach disorder. Kinda mean that the symptoms mimic early pregnancy!

So now this has happened twice, and I won't forget again. If it happens again I won't come on here all excited thinking it means anything. *hangs head* :shy:

Ah, and I just got my period 3 days early. I knew I ovulated before the IUI.

Kat, I am so sorry about AF. It's just really tough! I hope your next cycle will bring you a bfp.

afm, cramping is really gets to me. I am 4dp2dt and have been constantly cramping. It's not very promising but I keep on hoping

A member helped me solve why I was nauseous, had horrible diarrhea, and had a massive headache. I had dysmenorrhea!

"Primary dysmenorrhea is the more common type of dysmenorrhea and is due to the production of prostaglandins. These are natural substances made by cells in the inner lining of the uterus and other parts of the body. The prostaglandins made in the uterus make the uterine muscles contract and help the uterus shed the lining that has built up during the menstrual cycle. If excessive prostaglandins are produced, the woman may have excessive pain or dysmenorrhea with her menstrual cycle. Prostaglandins can also cause headaches, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea."

Those were my symptoms!! Now I know I wasn't being a crazy person.

Hi all, joining you lot on this wonderful adventure TTC #1. Complete newbie at all this stuff and the whole discussion board so looking forward to getting to know you all.
Turning 43 in a couple of months and only really started to do this properly after an accidental BFP and MMC 7 weeks later, in February this year. Shattered my heart. I know lots of you have gone through the same thing so wanted to get on here and share.
Saying that, I don't really do a lot - just some saliva ovulation tracking and vitex - I guess I am of the opinion that whatever happens will be and I just don't feel like I have too much control over the whole thing.
Have loved reading your stories ladies, you have kept me hoping.
FX for all on here!!

Good luck, Clizard! Welcome to the roller coaster!

Kat so sorry. x
Emmi, how you doing hon? x

Hey Pussycat - am okay but still numb I think. Trying to clamber out the big black hole of disappointment..... It's so hard. Just trying to keep improving our chances of conceiving naturally and see if we can save for another round of IVF...... I have cried so much over the unfairness of it all - like I am sure that we all have.

How are you?? Hope all good.:flower: x

Hi all, joining you lot on this wonderful adventure TTC #1. Complete newbie at all this stuff and the whole discussion board so looking forward to getting to know you all.
Turning 43 in a couple of months and only really started to do this properly after an accidental BFP and MMC 7 weeks later, in February this year. Shattered my heart. I know lots of you have gone through the same thing so wanted to get on here and share.
Saying that, I don't really do a lot - just some saliva ovulation tracking and vitex - I guess I am of the opinion that whatever happens will be and I just don't feel like I have too much control over the whole thing.
Have loved reading your stories ladies, you have kept me hoping.
FX for all on here!!

Welcome Clizard - sorry for your loss and good luck. I don't do a lot either, the occasional OPK, and I'm taking pregnitude right now but other than that, we're not doing a whole lot. We got our first BPF in Jan. which also shattered my heart. At that point I'd given up ever getting a BFP and I waiver between wanting to be back at that 'not really thinking it's going to happen but being excited if it does point' and obsessing how I can get knocked up again.

Thanks Kat - it sure is a roller coaster isn't it!

Welcome Clizard - sorry for your loss and good luck. I don't do a lot either, the occasional OPK, and I'm taking pregnitude right now but other than that, we're not doing a whole lot. We got our first BPF in Jan. which also shattered my heart. At that point I'd given up ever getting a BFP and I waiver between wanting to be back at that 'not really thinking it's going to happen but being excited if it does point' and obsessing how I can get knocked up again.
Thanks Peacenik, I'm doing the whole waiver thing as well, trying to stay sane around all this stuff I can't control is slowly making me crazy...

Thanks Peacenik, I'm doing the whole waiver thing as well, trying to stay sane around all this stuff I can't control is slowly making me crazy...

Well, at least we can be crazy together.:wacko: I've been ok but my due date sucked big time and I'm a wreck for a day or two each time AF shows.

Kat S, have you ever tried acupuncture? I am truly a fan of it. It's helped me get pregnant twice...once last year at 39 (MC) and again this year at 40. I'm only headed into my 7th week now...but I just saw the baby's fast heartbeat for the first time yesterday! Doctor says all looks good! I'm even continuing with the Acupuncture through my first trimester to help sustain this pregnancy. I'm sure you've done the research...but if you haven't tried it...I think you should. :)

Bump, I haven't tried it because it's expensive, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

My doc just called and said my FSH has risen to 17 from 13 a year ago. He basically said my only hope is IVF or donor eggs. He said I should at least be doing injections because the Femara isn't going to help me.

So that was a blow.

Bump, I haven't tried it because it's expensive, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

My doc just called and said my FSH has risen to 17 from 13 a year ago. He basically said my only hope is IVF or donor eggs. He said I should at least be doing injections because the Femara isn't going to help me.

So that was a blow.

Kat, that was the same feedback i got 2 1/2 yrs ago from my FS. three months later got my first BFP ever. it ended in mc after i saw the heartbeat at 6wks. i learned later that my vit D was in "deficient" range. hello, vit D supports progesterone levels. a yr later i had another BFP which was a blighted ovum but through that one i found out that i need a methylated form of folic acid and B vitamins. oh and 40% of the population needs same form and they do not know it. i strongly suggest anyone trying to conceive take methylated form of folic acid, if nothing else. my point is, do not put a lot of stock in that FSH number. yes, it's feedback about your body but use that to improve things. there are so many reasons why that FSH can elevate, even taking fertility meds makes it jump. and, all those fertility meds do nothing to help a woman increase opportunity for a quality egg. lots of woman have conceived naturally with much higher FSH level so hang in there!

i only wish i knew then, what i know now...:coffee:

Thanks, Jen, that does make me feel better. And...what about all the women out there who DO get pregnant after 40? A friend of mine is 43 and is past her 20th week with surprise baby #3. My own grandmother was 45 when she had her last (very surprise) baby. I think if we just KEEP TRYING, we'll get there. Especially since I did get pregnant once already.

I made an appt with an acupuncturist for Monday. I'll see her every week, it seems. Expensive but I'll try it. We've also agreed to do injectables again. Gonal F starting on Day 7 I think.

Am getting so tired that the majority of reading that I am doing is total doom and gloom for women of 42 +......I know it's not going to be easy but I am sure that stats are so much better for women these days with healthier diets and lifestyles....Women do have children in their 40's -I don't expect doctors to paint a fairy tale picture of it being easy but one thing I have noticed is the difference is how individual doctors approach it! My best friend's doctor said that she could realistically keep trying until she's 47 whilst other doctors look with disgust at a woman who is a day over 40 when trying to conceive......

I did look at acupuncture too Kat but just can't afford it so am looking the poor man's method to help fertility.

Anyway - hello to all the new ladies and everyone else - am just about feeling normal again after my failed IVF but I feel so sad...... I have not being beaten though the unfairness of it all eats me up. There was a story here in the UK of a woman who starved her little boy and kept his body in a cot for 2 years........I mean.....really......I cried buckets over that - I would've loved that little boy with all my heart..... Life just feels full of injustices at the moment but I have to keep the faith and hope one day that my time will come.

xxx

Kat, I had something similar, last year my FSH was 12-14 and this year (after almost a year of acupuncture and Chinese herbs) it increased to 19. I was devastated. at my clinic they actually told me they do not relay on FSH because it fluctuates a lot and is affected by other factors not just age and egg reserve. they rely on AMH and AFC.

Emmi, when I saw that story about the little boy, I was so shocked I thought it's just more than I can deal with. I have no words, that's just beyond my understanding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->