40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Well...AF showed up finally. Went for an ultrasound to check the cyst. The nurse said its at 16 mm so we could go ahead with the injectables. Yay right?! Wrong. I have a conference out if town next Thursday and friday which would be day 10. They won't let me come on day 11 because that might be to late and could make me past the point of getting my trigger shot. So since my work has paid for this conference I feel like I can't miss it so another month will go by and no IUI. I have been crying all day...thinking ok if next month I have another cyst then it will be two months before we can try again. I feel like the more months that pass the less chance I have. I never realized how stressful all of this can be on a person. :cry:

Kat- I am so sorry about your pet. :hugs:

Well...AF showed up finally. Went for an ultrasound to check the cyst. The nurse said its at 16 mm so we could go ahead with the injectables. Yay right?! Wrong. I have a conference out if town next Thursday and friday which would be day 10. They won't let me come on day 11 because that might be to late and could make me past the point of getting my trigger shot. So since my work has paid for this conference I feel like I can't miss it so another month will go by and no IUI. I have been crying all day...thinking ok if next month I have another cyst then it will be two months before we can try again. I feel like the more months that pass the less chance I have. I never realized how stressful all of this can be on a person. :cry:

Oh Iowa Girl - that's really upsetting:cry: Every second counts and that's a;; so unfair....Are you sure you can't speak to your boss and explain the situation??? Just in case there the slightest way that you could miss the conference????

Big hugs to you:hugs:

xxx

Hey Kat, best of luck tomorrow!
Emmi, 8 days post transfer? Surely your test date must be soon? My clinic told me to test 14 days after egg collection. Keeping everything crossed for you! Any symptoms? x

I don't test for another week - the embies were only 2 days old when transferred....It seems like forever!!! Symptoms mainly some weird strong cramping around day 6/7....Now it just comes and goes....

All very strange and stressful!!!

x

Hi all, I just found this forum and I am so excited. I am 39 1/2 and just started trying for my 1st baby. I need help on this forum though, is there a place that lists all the abbreviations?? I am lost reading half of these posts, lol. I can't even figure out what BFP stands for ;-/

Hi all, I just found this forum and I am so excited. I am 39 1/2 and just started trying for my 1st baby. I need help on this forum though, is there a place that lists all the abbreviations?? I am lost reading half of these posts, lol. I can't even figure out what BFP stands for ;-/

Welcome and good luck! If you do a google search for trying to conceive abbreviations, you'll get several lists. They are pretty much universal throughout all the boards.

A few to get you started...

BFP=big fat positive (pregnancy test)
BFN=big fat negative
TTC=trying to conceive
U/S=ultrasound
BD=baby dance
DH=dear husband
DD or DS=dear daughter or dear son
OH=other half
LO=little one

Hope that helps!

I have my IUI this morning. Allowing myself to hope again. Maybe because we waited all the way until the follie was 25mm, it will work this time. Plus, if I have to lose my beloved cat, I should get a baby in exchange. Just sayin'.

Oh no!! Sweetie, I'm so sorry! I hope you don't have another cyst and you can go ahead next month. And I totally understand feeling hopeless and like it's never going to happen. I'm right there with you. I hope we're wrong!!

If y'all don't mind, I'd like to join all of you. I will be 40 in February and never had kids. I am doing this on my own, so if IUI works for me, I'll be a single mom. Went to the gyno this past Monday for blood work to see what my AMH is and found out that it is 0.57. I have an appointment Oct 9 with FS. It is a comfort to have so many people on here that are TCC with their first who are near or over 40.

40, welcome. We'll be here to support you and cheer you on. Good luck with your journey!!

Hi to '40' & anyone else who is new here!! You'll get great support & advice here.

Kat, good luck with the iui. I'm ovulating this weekend, feels kind of strange bcos I'm not obsessed with it due to knowing were starting IVF in 2 weeks.. Quite nice really

Hi '40' and welcome. You'll find loads of support here from these lively ladies. There are lots of stories of BFPs with low AMH, sure it's hard but not impossible. But you have to try.
Kat, how did you get on?
I'm going to start with the OPKs this weekend, we'll be trying at home with no treatment until we get a donor. Hopefully after Tue we'll be on the list, first step on this latest journey ...

Ugh...we're putting my cat down today. Seeing him struggle to be alive makes the decision easy, actually. I just want his pain to end.

Kat, hon, you're doing the right thing. It sounds like you've given him a great life and it's the right thing to do if he's suffering. It will be peaceful and easy for him and I'm shedding a tear for you as I remember the same moment I had thIs time last year. Much love. x

Ugh...we're putting my cat down today. Seeing him struggle to be alive makes the decision easy, actually. I just want his pain to end.

I'm so sorry Kat. You're doing the right thing but it's still hard. I'll be thinking of you today.

I am 40 years old...will be 41 in November. I just got my BFP last week after two rounds of IUI. I just wanted to say keep the faith...it's totally possible as long as you believe. If it can happen for me...it can happen for you!

hello ladies, i haven't checked in for quite a while. you guys have so much going for you with all that you're doing.

Emmi, i can't wait for your tww to be over!!!

Kat, very sorry about your cat. i definitely know how hard that decision and loss is. hugs to you.

nothing new with me. AF showed up last wkend after diligent Bding! lol!! i had such high hopes and had twinges going on for the wk leading up to AF. guess it was just AF. hate her!!!!

i want you all to get your BFP's this cycle!!!!

Awwww - thinking of you Kat - it is the right thing as we don't want to watch those we love suffer.

Lots of love

xxxx

Hello to all the new members! Hope that you are well this Sunday morning!

I am still on my 2ww (well 16 days) to see if the IVF has worked. Am loopy and trying so hard to keep busy so I don't go crazy symptom spotting - it's so hard!

Thanks Jen - I can't wait either!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"