40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

I'm so, so sorry to read your update Briss. *giant hug*
I love your positive attitude and your idea to start thinking in terms of pregnancy and not TTC. That's genius!

thanks for all the links to positive articles.
We all need to read those and never give up hope.

Clizard, I like your idea about positive affirmations. I actually practice it for my career, whenever I have an important meeting it's like I imagine myself a confident business lady and eventually turn into one. It works most times.

kaysbc, thank you! two people already recommended "what to expect when you are expecting" so I am definitely getting this book! I saw it on amazon.

I have The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy as well as WTEWYE

Very crampy the past 2 days...wanted to puke this morning...relax...this happened last month must be something w/my hormones as AF approaches. I'm due in a week...trying to figure out how the injectable thing works. November will be busy with the new meds and then our first IUI.

Where's everyone else in their cycle?

Ladies, I think you may have something here about positive thinking. I know exactly what you mean about being do focused on TTC, it did occurr to me that I would have NO idea what to do if it ever happened!
AFM feeling a little low, but been worse. AF turned up today, so another month passes with a failed attempt. Each month i swear i wont convince myself thst the exhaustion and the cramping a week before she arrives isnt a good sign, each month i get my hopes up. Just seems so unfair when I've heard two stories of people I know in their early 40's falling pregnant 'by accident'. Seriously?! Mother nature is just laughing at me now. Still I am now officially on the donor egg program waiting list, hopefully won't be long so trying to stay upbeat.

Just got a confirmation my beta dropped to 1.7, anything below 5 is officially negative so I got my closure and can stop progesterone now :(

As I was looking at some of the articles mentioned on some of your posts I came across an article about "mini IVF". Has anyone heard of this or tried it? It says it has twice the success rate for women ages 35-45 trying to concieve. It uses fewer drugs and is less expensive. I think I will ask about it next time I go to the FS, which is hopefully in a week or two. I know I have said this before but I hate waiting! Even though AF was here for 14 days last month, I am ready for her to show up again so I can get started on the meds!:wacko:

Here is the article I read:
https://news.yahoo.com/mini-ivf-found-more-successful-less-expensive-conventional-154147036.html

Pussycat1, ugh, I am so sorry! You know we know how that feels :(

Iowagirl, no I hadn't heard of a mini IVF!!

Well, I had my follie check this morning: 4 follies!! 3 on the right (20, 19, 15) and one on the left (17). IUI in the morning!! Picturing myself pregnant!!

Kat, follie check sounds good! FX for the next few weeks.
Bash, sounds like a busy month ahead for you.
Briss, What to Expect is def a good buy. I remember reading a friends copy all in one night!
AFM, I am taking my own advice and remaining positive about the whole thing. Even with my slack approach to TTC, and the fact that we only DTD once around O time (busy, tired etc) I am reminding myself that I had a BFP once before, my body can do it again.

I got my period today. I totally lost it and broke down into tears. I came out of the bathroom balling and DH just wrapped his arms around me and held me tight.

Dear Lord, Mother Nature, and the Universe, please let this be the last box of tampons I buy...

Kaysbc, I'm so sorry, Honey!! *hugs*

This is to make you laugh, but it's how I feel when I get mine, so here goes...(I might get kicked off this board for this)

https://data3.whicdn.com/images/63839078/large.jpg

Kaysbc, I know exactly how you feel. I had a mini breakdown myself today. We live on a normally quiet street but last night in some nearby warehouses, some kids broke into an empty one and were having a full on party, I mean seriously loud bass beat! It struck me that there was a time that I would have been there in the thick of it (I confess to a bit of a misspent youth!), suddenly I felt very old as I lay in bed wondering how late it would go on! So this morning I was tired and I was listening to 'with every heart beat' by Robyn on the radio and suddenly I was in floods of tears, the lyrics just hit a sore spot and seemed so apt and just couldn't get out of bed or motivate myself to do anything. So I didn't. I stayed there and I had a self indulgent weep and tried to work out where the years have gone and how on earth I got to this point in my life. When BF came in concerned I didn't try and hide it but just said I feel sad, and I realised I've felt sad for so long now. I know I'm super hormonal right now but life just seems do damn unfair and I feel like I've made some really foolish choices to get here. Sorry for the moan just needed to get it off my chest.
Kat, follies sound good, fingered crossed!! We could do with some good news on here and hopefully this will be your month. xx

Latest update...now i'm getting annoyed...i have an itch...and i've had yeast infections before but i'm like REALLY??? Now? a couple of days before the witch arrives??? I'm trying to ignore the "itch" and hoping it's not a yeast and it will go away before I call the doctor tomorrow.
And with you on the meltdowns...had one last night for no reason out of nowhere just hit me, balled my eyes out and sobbing and then poof it was gone and i was fine. HORMONES SUCK!!!!!!! ps...these are just my hormones, not drugs yet, those will start sometime next week is my guess.

Pussycat1, ugh, I am so sorry! You know we know how that feels :(

Iowagirl, no I hadn't heard of a mini IVF!!

Well, I had my follie check this morning: 4 follies!! 3 on the right (20, 19, 15) and one on the left (17). IUI in the morning!! Picturing myself pregnant!!

Keeping everything crossed for you Kat:hugs:

I got my period today. I totally lost it and broke down into tears. I came out of the bathroom balling and DH just wrapped his arms around me and held me tight.

Dear Lord, Mother Nature, and the Universe, please let this be the last box of tampons I buy...

Yep - I totally know how you feel. Enough already - just give us a break pleeeeeaaaase!!!:wacko:

Hugs to everyone going through the awful quagmire of crappiness a the moment:hugs:

Soooooo until we ever can afford IVF ever again - we are trying the natural route -
research all the supplements possible to help - check
Eat healthily as you can - check
Exercise as much as you can, gentle and often - check
Bedroom dance with hubby just for fun but also when it's your most fertile time - errrr - so what do you do when your hubby is in a really stressful job and all he wants to do sleep......

We used to be like rabbits but now - I have to try so hard to entice him and all he says is we can do it at the weekend......Even at the weekend he just wants to sleep......:nope:

God - I feel like I am going to explode.....Where do you turn when everything you try isn't working:cry:

Sorry - pity party kinda day..........

Oh Emmi, I feel you sister!!! Most time both DH and I are too tired and one of passes out. That's kinda why I'm looking forward to IUI...I mean it's gonna suck taking the meds and then running back and forth for scans but bammm one shot and we have a TWW.
I almost want to jump to IVF but will finish out this year w/IUI's.

Oh Emmi, I feel you sister!!! Most time both DH and I are too tired and one of passes out. That's kinda why I'm looking forward to IUI...I mean it's gonna suck taking the meds and then running back and forth for scans but bammm one shot and we have a TWW.
I almost want to jump to IVF but will finish out this year w/IUI's.

It was a relief when we did the IVF - all the pressure was off us....But now after all the heartbreak after the failed IVF, I was trying to be positive and think that maybe a miracle will happen as we do it naturally.....but it's just easer said then done....

Really hope that everything works for you - we really need someone to get a BFP very soon!

Agreed, this thread needs some good news. Love to you all!

thanks for all the support ladies. I am really glad I joined this forum and this thread!
I'm feeling a *little* better today, trying to keep that positive thinking like those articles and such mention. Getting my period is a positive sign that I am fertile!

I've just had a 43 yr old friend just announce yesterday that she's pregnant. They were not even trying, it happened totally by accident. She's already 24 weeks and was scared to go public until now. So see, it really can happen for all of us!

I can totally related to all of you that mentioned about being to tired to do-the-dance when you're supposed to. I myself have been so tired and I just want to go to bed, but I"m like, no, this is THE night for the next 2 nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->