40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

I pows this morning to test out the trigger and it's gone...BFN...so now I wait tip next week but honestly do not think this IUI did anything. I threw out my back Monday night and went to a chiropractor yesterday and my sacroiliac is wayyyy out of wack which is causing my pelvis to be out of waco which can cause my uterus to tilt. (not that i ever heard after all of my gyn exams, tests, surgeries, etc this year, my uterus is fine). But I do think that the estrogen and progesterone is what made my back go out, because I was lifting weights and exercising not thinking that these hormones mimic pregnancy and my ligaments are more elastic which could have caused this back problem. It's def a distraction of the TWW cuz i'm in so much pain. Also, changing my FS to someone new only because i think the woman i have now is a flake. Where is everyone in there cycle?

Bash, what DPIUI are you? I hope the chiropractor alleviated your back pain!

I'm on Day 6 of my cycle. I have one or two injections left of the Gonal F, and I'm wondering if I should start taking them tomorrow night. If I have a cyst, it's bad to take injections apparently. I didn't get a scan this cycle, so I have no idea if I have a cyst. What to do? The mixture is only good for 30 days, so I can't use it past this cycle.

Today is Day 7 PIUI...had some colorful d/c when i wiped this morning but attributing that to the cronine. I test a week from tomorrow but I'm not feeling anything. Some slight cramping like AF is coming. I'm too focussed on my back killing me and can't wait to see the chiropractor again today to be adjusted and then a hand surgeon on Saturday and working on switching docs.

Today is my 41st birthday...and I am just about 11 weeks preggo. I had my ultrasound yesterday...we saw the baby's fluttering his arms (I feel like it's a boy)...we heard his WONDERFUL heartbeat at 153 bpm and the doctor said everything looks great! Yes...I may be considered to be of 'Advanced Maternal Age'...like everyone on this thread...but IT'S SOOO POSSIBLE. All hope is not lost. Be encouraged! If it can happen for me...it can most certainly happen for you!

:thumbup:

Congratulations, Bumpbella! I hope one or more of us gets to join you very soon!

U/S showed uterine septum today. He told me based on age and all factors concerning me, without surgery to correct it, I would have a 60% of mc (with surgery, 50%) if I'm able to get pregnant. Doing the surgery would put me being able to start IUI in February. Those numbers scare me.

Oh Bumpbella - that made my day!! Congratulations to you!! x

Bash, that back sounds painful!
Congrats bumpbella, fantastic to hear someone is pregnant.

So what do you think 40? Are you going to go ahead with the surgery? Whatever you do, go with what you feel is the best option.

Kat - did you use the GonalF? Had to look that up on google! Do you get bad symptoms from using it?

Iowa my heart goes out to you, you sound so frustrated about the cysts and the advice and information (lack of information/explanation) your doctor is giving you! I don't know anything about cysts or what that means, but I'm thinking of you.

40isnotold, thinking of you too. Sounds like you have a tough decision ahead of you. what's running thru your mind right now? probably a million things...

bash sorry to hear about your back. I think chiropractors are amazing, I hope you get fixed straight soon.

It is so good to hear some positive pregnancy news on this thread! congrats! I am so happy for you! and you have provided all of us hope.

I'm 4 DPO today, trucking along thru my 2ww.

One week to go...my back is almost normal, still can't exercise which i'm actually okay with (not the norm for me) but I'm sure I'll want to get back by next week. Been cramps here and there but honestly think it's from the progesterone. Can't wait to meet w/the new doctor in another week. I mean of course it would be great to just get a BFP and cancel that appt.
Have a great weekend!!!

U/S showed uterine septum today. He told me based on age and all factors concerning me, without surgery to correct it, I would have a 60% of mc (with surgery, 50%) if I'm able to get pregnant. Doing the surgery would put me being able to start IUI in February. Those numbers scare me.

I had a uterine septum, too. My docs think it may be what caused my m/c. They said it's very possible the embryo attached it self to the septum instead of the uterine wall, and since that spot receives way less blood flow, the baby didn't survive. I had it removed and recovered just fine. I know the numbers are scary. It's true, but women our age DO get pregnant. A friend of mine is 43 and 15 weeks from her due date. Totally normal pregnancy that she didn't even try for. She gives me hope every day.

Kat - did you use the GonalF? Had to look that up on google! Do you get bad symptoms from using it?

Yeah, I used Gonal F for a couple of cycles. No, I didn't have "bad" symptoms those cycles. My follicles went nuts, and that's good! Last cycle I got 4 mature follicles using the Letrizole/Gonal F combo.

Kaysbc, good luck in your TWW!! I hope you caught the eggie!

Bash, sorry the progesterone cream is gross :( Another week and you'll know. Seems to take forever. I wish our stomachs would light up pink or blue according to gender when we become pregnant! This waiting around is torture.

OK, I just gave myself a Gonal F injection. It was no big deal at all. There seems to be one dose left, so I'll do it again tomorrow.

OK, I just gave myself a Gonal F injection. It was no big deal at all. There seems to be one dose left, so I'll do it again tomorrow.

Kat - I have to ask...do you give yourself these shots without the Dr checking ultrasounds? Do you just follow what the Dr had given you before?

I have quite a few vials of Bravelle left over, which are good until April 2014. I thought about just injecting myself but I am scared to do it with out having the ultrasounds.

Iowagirl, yeah it's not "recommended" that I do injections without dr supervision, but I've done them for many rounds now and I feel ok about it. My injections are pre-mixed, so they expire after 30 days. What I have is left over from my previous cycle. That means I can't wait around and use them next year if we decide to go back for more IUIs. It was either now or never, and since it cost $500, it was going to be now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->